[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CLA§IC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
> Same problem with in ear headphones every time (for my phone)
> Plug/cable is defect at some point
> Audio is just played on one ear
> I have to adjust the position of the plug (turning it around) to be able to hear my music on both ears
> movement in my pocket creates the same problem over and over again

Does anyone have a good fix for this?
>>
>>51663688
Get better headphones desu senpai
>>
>>51663704
Mine are 120€+ headphones and I had the same problem with the products of multiple manufacturers.
>>
Get a wireless audio solution. This will always be an issue unless you buy top quality ones regularly each year.
>>
>>51663688
3.5 male to female extension cables. Get a bundle of them.

Then just replace that when the time comes.

PS. The plastic used on more expensive headphones is arguably better, but physics fucks us all in the ass eventually. Nothing stands wear and tear forever ;)
>>
>>51663688
stop pinching your cables.
>>
File: 1.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
Ever hear of Bluetooth?
>>
>>51663688
Or alternatively, if you don't like longer cables, run some heatshrink over the plug at a length that minimizes/softens the bending.
>>
Solder a new plug to it. A good one costs about 2-3euro and its 10 minutes of work.
>>
>>51663731
This. Also helps prevent damage to the headphones themselves.

in b4 some audiotard complains of losing warmth and soundstage in the connections
>>
>>51663860
If you're the guardian of the soldering station, yes, maybe. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it because the wires are usually too thin to handle and tend to be coated so you have to clean them at first. And then... the plugs that are mostly sold are quite bulky and if you don't have a means to heat-seal them the connections will break on day 2.
>>
>>51663688
used to have the same problem it would break every few 2 months.
I then bought some Audio Technica ATH-CKS77BK
Kept them in my pockets for a year without being even a little careful (I had 4 year warranty) I sadly lost them but really the build quality makes all the difference. It's the width of the connector inside that breaks shit brands like Marley or Skullcandy use hair like wire breaks all the fucking time.
>>
>>51663688
It really is about time headphones all come with female connectors and cables are all replacable. This is slowly becoming the norm for expensive stuff, hopefully it will come to less expensive ones too.

Because it angers me to have six or so great and functional headphones that are unusable because of a fucking cable.
>>
>>51665232
true
I changed for m50x feels great to know they don't depend on the cable to work
>>
If you hear static or buzzing sound when twisting it try cleaning the jack with isopropyl alcohol. Worked for my im50
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.