[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Linux OS should I use? I don't want to touch the command
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
What Linux OS should I use? I don't want to touch the command line and want a taskbar instead of a sidepanel.
>>
linux mint
>>
>>51659550
ElementaryOS
>>
Windows
>>
Linux Mint

Xubuntu

Regular Ubuntu if you are willing to put up with the sidebar long enough to change the desktop environment to something else
>>
>>51659550
By not using the terminal, you ruin the fun.
>>
ARCH LiNUX
R
C
H

L
i
N
U
X
>>
>>51659550
>half white girls
hnnnnnnnnnnng
>>
>>51659572
If you're going to change DE, what's the point of using regular ubuntu over xubuntu?
>>
>>51659781
My brother of African descent.
>>
Gentoo
>>
>>51659550
If you don't want to deal with command line the answer is NONE!

Even mint does this bullshit.

Only Linux related thing with no command line needed is fucking Android.
>>
>no terminal

Windows 10
>>
>>51659550
MINT 17.2 w/ CINNAMON for your desktop bro :)
>>
File: G_OS_Guide.jpg (375 KB, 3000x2116) Image search: [Google]
G_OS_Guide.jpg
375 KB, 3000x2116
>>
Ubuntu MATE.
>>
>>51663863

This guide may need need some updating.
>>
>>51664466
I concur, but sadly I don't have the source. You're welcome to make some suggestions though.
>>
don't use ubuntu. unity = cancer.

use xubuntu or elementaryOS instead.
>>
>>51659550
No point to using linux without touching the terminal, you'd be much happier with windows.
>>
>>51664603
Without explaining why 'Unity = cancer', we can hardly take you seriously.
>>
File: roofpizza.gif (3 MB, 325x282) Image search: [Google]
roofpizza.gif
3 MB, 325x282
>>51664620
This t b q h. No matter what distro you use, you'll eventually have to go into the command lme at some point. If you can't do that, you might as well not use any Linux distro.
>>
>>51659550
Linux Mint or OpenSuse.
>>
>>51665092
god i remember reading the article talking about how that lady had like 3 pizzas on her roof daily because of the show. (the real homeowner)
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.