[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Objective 2 + ODAC Gain Setting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I am going to order an Objective 2 + ODAC combo. What gain setting should I get? I ask because I assume many people on /g/ use this amp.

Currently own/use the following headphones-

Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 ohm
Philips Fidelio X1
Sony MDR 7506

Lowest impedance headphones I'll use with it are around 30 ohms, so I am reluctant to get "standard" as it might be overkill, but I want to be able to use it for harder to drive headphones in the future (e.g. planar magnetic) as well as my DT 880s.

They have the following configurations at JDS Labs-

Standard (2.5x, 6.5x)
Medium (1.0x, 3.3x)
Low (1.0x, 2.5x)
>>
>>51657530

bump
>>
You could just save a hundred bucks and not get the DAC part. Pure placebo.
>>
>>51657530
just get the standard
whats the point of no gain?
>>
>>51658486

To use with lower impedance headphones (the X1s I believe are around 30 ohms) without having to turn the volume knob down too low, causing channel imbalance, while still having the benefits of the ODAC and the O2's clean source with minimal noise.
>>
I ordered mine too from JDSLabs some years ago and I have no idea which gain setting I have. I didn't tell them I have AKG K701 headphones.

The gain button doesn't seem to do that much.
>>
>>51658552
>amplifer
>doesn't amplify
m8
just get the low one then and if you buy some meme phones get a standalone meme amp as well
>>
Want to know this too, going to get one for my HD650s

Need a new DAC as I fell for the tube amp meme with a Aune and sold it
>>
>>51658647

>just get the low one

Why would I get the low one. That won't drive my 600 ohm DT 880s, will it? I was sort of deciding between medium and standard.

>if you buy some meme phones get a standalone meme amp as well

What are you even talking about now? I already have several headphones/amps. I want to try out the O2/ODAC. Can you drop the memes for a few seconds or do you simply not follow.

Maybe I should rephrase my question: Will the 3.3X gain be able to drive my 600 ohm Beyers as well as other more exotic headphones I plan to buy once I can afford (most likely some planars from Audeze or Hifiman).

>>51658603

>I ordered mine too from JDSLabs some years ago and I have no idea which gain setting I have.

My guess is you have 'standard'.

>The gain button doesn't seem to do that much.

This surprises me. For the K701 do you use the low or high gain setting?
>>
>>51658848
You can always change the resistors used if you are so inclined, thus changing the gain.
Get the medium or the low setting with ODAC. Do not use high with the ODAC.

Gain is voltage gain and does not affect current.
>>
>>51658337
Holy shit this.
You guys are actually retarded right? There's no way someone with a brain would buy this shit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.