[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/brt/ buyer's remorse thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
File: IMG_20151202_191536.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151202_191536.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2368
purchase regrets general.

>cube i6 air wifi
>better build quality than my x98 air 3g
>audio jack hiss

the lack of hdmi out was also a major deal breaker but I decided to get one anyway.
>>
>lenovo laptop from 2014
>>
>>51657025
The HP "media" laptop that my parents bough me when I was 13 that I used to game on all the way until 17. That laptop was always in the same place, a desktop would make my kid self much happier
>>
>>51657025
This. Havent found a convenient use for it since I bought it
>>
>>51657102
use it as dedicated web radio/upnp renderer or something.
>>
>>51657025
nintendo wii
>got it for $40 brand new sealed a year ago
>it's the original one, includes the gamecube ports and memory slots
>i got it to load a tonshit of games and play them a lot
>installed it and haven´t touched it in the entire year
literally only thing i did was making a mii and then turned it off, never played it again
>>
File: 714979.0.gun.jpg (78 KB, 507x337) Image search: [Google]
714979.0.gun.jpg
78 KB, 507x337
razer blade
>>
>>51657102
> 1000mah battery
> In the CURRENT YEAR
What the FUCK was apple thinking. I can play Angry Birds for half hour on mine and the battery is down to 50%
>>
>>51659077
Wii has plenty of good games. You should play them.
>>
File: 19-116-899-TS.jpg (22 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
19-116-899-TS.jpg
22 KB, 300x225

I would have been better putting the money towards a 780.
>>
File: 04G-P4-2974-KR_MD_1.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
04G-P4-2974-KR_MD_1.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>3.5 is enough
>>
>>51659099
i know anon, wanted to try pandora tower or maybe xenoblade, but the damn thing just keeps gathering dust and sometimes im just too lazy to play after work
>>
>>51657102
eh. I kinda want one. but someone gave me an older ipod so I'm gonna try and just stick with that. I just need it for listening to music and some podcasts. Nothing major or fancy.

But the screen improvement and speed improvement from old ipod (around time of iphone 3g) to current ipod touch is tremendous.
>>
>>51657025
Would you rec any chinese tablets? Read that the build quality rank is 1. Cube 2. Teclast and since both are rather shit it wont give me much hope for it to last longer than a year if I'm lucky. Seeing the shitty soldered battery inside made me cringe.
There are no comparable 4:3 windows devices though. Maybe waiting for the new mi pad 2
>>
>>51660538
the x98 air 3g is great. been using it as my main pc for 4 months now and it's holding up well.
>>
>>51660096
I ordered the G1 Gaming during black friday, had instant regrets of not getting the 390 (running triple monitor set up), picked up the package and RMA'd it while I was at UPS.
>>
>>51660739
kek. Did almost exactly the same thing, 390 is so much better
>>
>>51659080
ahh that sucks
>>
about this day or round that 2 years ago i bought this
>>
>>51661367
(same guy btw) i mean its not that bad but it could be way better
>>
File: nexusplayer-official.jpg (49 KB, 787x564) Image search: [Google]
nexusplayer-official.jpg
49 KB, 787x564
>>
>>51657102

Isn't the camera really good on the last model?
>>
>>51659097
It's a music player which can play games, not the other way around. The headphone out is amazing.

>>51661843
Just a little worse than the iPhone 6 I think.
>>
File: siemens mc60.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
siemens mc60.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>
I regret everything I ever buy
even if I really like it and enjoy it I always have this nagging thought in the back of my head, "couldn't you have gotten along without it? Or at least gotten it done cheaper?" I feel guilty that I spent the money and it's not in my bank account anymore.

apparently I'm just naturally a massive jew
>>
>>51661401
This so fucking badly

Can't even run muh emuwators well, they're shit ports with graphics issues because lolandroud
>>
>>51661912
just stroke your nose wallet

the shekels will return
>>
>>51657025
Asus Transformer Prime (TF201)

>First quad core android
>Attachable keyboard with battery that can charge the tablet
>1GB RAM (good at the time)
>Decent screen
>Completely gimped by Asus' choice of horrible emmc and IO controller.

Cost me 480 Brit Bongs and it was absolutely useless. Never ever buy an Asus tablet kiddies
>>
>>51661912
That's just being financially responsible.
People have been trained to spend freely and the natural urges to be more conservative are starting to come back as the economy worsens.
>>
I enjoyed most of the /g/ product, except one for one massive reason. I bought the 120 gb zune.

Now, the product itself, the hardware, and even the software on the machine is great. Everything was amazing for the price.

The fucking computer software was fucking DREADFUL. There was also no alternative whatsoever to manually drag and drop files, no foobar extensions, nothing. I HAD to use this fucking software.

I ended up uploading my library and calling it a day. Even tho it failed like 10 times because it was a piece of fucking shit. God damn I hated the sync software.
>>
>>51663348
My Nexus 7 is still decent. But it also has problems with shitty eMMC
>>
Samsung ATIV Tab 3

It was the only thing in the market I saw with a decent size, an x86 processor and light enough to carry with one hand.

And it also was the slowest piece of shit on earth. Not only is it just compatible with W8.1 and 10, it's also really, really slow. Slow enough to cry. My Note 8.0 is much more useful, my goodness.
>>
>>51661401
Shut up, I fucking love mine.
So cute.
Great into into building android roms, give it a shot.
>>
Poker II
Given that it was my second mech and went for blues as a try, I barely enjoy using it.
>>
File: 1447872907316.jpg (431 KB, 1000x2284) Image search: [Google]
1447872907316.jpg
431 KB, 1000x2284
>>51657025
BEAT IT ISHILL
>>
11 inch macbook air

it just too small to be honest
>>
>>51661401
This especially since Google added some extra checks to Google Cast so many "unofficial" cast apps that work perfectly on the Chromecast don't work on the Nexus Player.

Bunch of fucking idiots.
>>
Late 2012 21.5" IMac
Keyboard, mouse and optical drive

Any of you guys know how much I could probably sell it for? Very good condition.
Like £700?
>>
Razr i
>>
>>51664924
No one trusts old appleshit with good reason. They break if you look at them wrong. Not saying you couldn't get that, but macfags don't buy used. It upsets their sensibilities.
>>
Samsung NP 305V4AS02CL laptop
Fuck, I even remember the serial model because I was two years searching about issues. I hate you AMD APUs, you are the worst gimmick ever
>>
>>51665063
I mean do you think 700 is fairly reasonable or probably the best I can get?

Yeah I'd put it up for sale somewhere, people buy cheaper as a gift or for themselves. Not full blown macfags.
>>
>>51660317
>I just need it for listening to music and some podcasts. Nothing major or fancy.
>Paying shitloads of cash for what you can do with a 30 bucks smartphone device
Oh god, sheeple stupidity never cease to amaze me.
>>
>>51662595
RPI is a good emulation box
>>
used think pad meme
could easily have gotten a much better computer for the same price.
>>
>>51661401
really? i picked one up @ B&H on Black Friday for $29 bucks and put it on the tv outside its been awesome for now. Best Android TV made yet I think.
>>
>>51661367
I think it's a great laptop but I will never get used to the Ctrl and Command shortcuts. I also hate the sound the keyboard makes when you click a key. I love how responsive the trackpad is though, it should really be the standard for all premium touchpads but that sort of technology is basically non existent on Windows devices. The screen to bezel ratio is also very nice. Honestly if you can get used to Mac OS, you can do pretty much anything you need on it. Web, Torrent, Python, Ruby, Java and Apache are preinstalled on it and you get great battery life. I don't see what's not to like about it other than the price point and adapting to Mac OS. Discrete graphics would have been nice though.
>>
>>51664749
I bought an ASUS 1080p 13.3 ultrabook and Windows just shits the bed when it comes to scaling. I just turned it off so everything would stop looking like shit, I just zoom into stuff that needs to be bigger.
>>
>>51665149
It's on the higher end of what you could get, but that's through a bloated ebay auction. You could do it, but 500-650US is more likely if you want it gone by the end of the week.. That's probably way less in bongbux. I don't know if the specs would matter because I saw so many sent off for repairs that I haven't kept track for years. You can flip them for more than generic shit, definitely.

The real question is when to do it. Now is probably best, although more people are looking around with cash in hand after christmas. The tradeoff is that the market is absolutely bloated with old shit getting replaced. Don't wait until too late or it all goes to shit until after tax season or whenever people get money the government has been holding for them over there.
>>
>>51665411
I hope to buy my new PC and build within the next few weeks and will try to sell it then.
>>
Jolla.
Nuff said
>>
Got it brand new for under $500 4 or 5 months before the 900 series came out, but I don't feel like it was worth it.
>>
>>51665457
Wait until after christmas when they have to sell off all their old shit before the end of first quarter. Prices hit rock bottom.
>>
>>51662595
Honestly a Wii is the best emulator box
>about $50
>trivially easy to install homebrew channel
>objectively best controller for pre-5th gen games
>is also a GameCube/wii
>>
File: DSC_0198[1].jpg (113 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0198[1].jpg
113 KB, 1280x850
It looked small in the picture, but turned out to be another butthuge heavy mouse for perma-silver morons.

The build quality is top notch though and the skates are absolute champions -- all as expected from cooler master. But hey, a well built brick can't serve as an input device.

Should have got the G100s from the get go.
>>
>>51665894
of course it wasn't almost all games are GameWorks right now and even 290 beats 780Ti. 860 often beats 780ti in GW and 970 destroys 780Ti in GW titles.
Should have waited a bit and got a meme card or 980.
>>
File: Jaybird-Bluebuds-X-Review-03.jpg (9 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
Jaybird-Bluebuds-X-Review-03.jpg
9 KB, 220x165
They sound decent and the battery life is great, but jfc they hurt my ears so much. I'm not fucking with wireless earphones again until someone actually makes a decent pair without the awful cord behind the neck (which triggers my sperg sensitivity much more than just using regular earphones).

And I've had them on craigslist for months with no bites except for some asshole who honestly expected to get them for $30.
>>
>>51666247
W2c?
>>
>>51657025
>/brt/
Go back to reddit
>>
>>51666247
These ones seem promising
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/phazon-wireless-earbuds-guaranteed-not-to-fall#/story
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.