[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My monitor is originally 1920x1080 resolution. I put together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (20 KB, 473x410) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20 KB, 473x410
My monitor is originally 1920x1080 resolution. I put together a new desktop and my max settings are 1600x1200. If I go 1920x1080, it scales outside my monitor. 1080p/1080i in the HDTV options does the same thing. What do?

If it helps, I'm using a R9 280X.
>>
>>51655516
Did you use the monitor before and is it connected via HDMI?
>>
>>51655820
Yeah, I used HDMI since none of my DVIs matched up with both of my computers.
>>
>>51655839
both of them* sorry in a rush atm
>>
>/g/ is not your personal tech support
>>
>>51655516
>AMD GPU
That's why
>>
Typical AMD problem

Go into Display Settings I don't remember where exactly, but move the slide for Overscan/underscan until fixed.
>>
>>51655889
That's another issue. It won't let me move it.
>>
>>51655839
Well, I guess this would be worth a shot.. Especially if colors are a bit distorted as well.

Go into the settings of your DISPLAY (yes, with the shitty builtin buttons and all) and try to find 'profiles' option. It might not even be under display settings (wasn't on my LG). When you find them either set the profile to "PC" because it's likely on "TV" or something, or if that doesn't work then try to rename it.

I know that's vague as fuck but it took me 6 months to figure that shit out on my current setup (LG screen via HDMI) and it drove me up the wall a few times. Came with resolution fuckups too.
>>
>>51655902
Post screens
>>
>>51655918
>>
>>51655905
I'm using [spoiler]Windows 10[/spoiler] and I'm not seeing a profiles option. But if I had to guess, my desktop is set to PC with the Basic option being used in AMD and not HDTV.
>>
>>51656005
did you try disabling that option?
>>
>>51656101
Yeah. Still nothing.
>>
>>51656060
My issue had nothing to do with the computer or OS, just using an HDMI screen that was set to TV instead of PC. Check the settings in your LCD's own UI, not on your computer.
>>
>>51656005
Try using underscan in 1080p
>>
>>51656201
see
>>51655902
>>
Can someone tell me what this is and how I get rid of it?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.