[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just what the fuck am I supposed to use instead of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: just fuck my shit up fam.png (620 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up fam.png
620 KB, 1024x1024
Just what the fuck am I supposed to use instead of it?
>>
>Windows
If you have an Apple product, nothing. Or just use iTunes solely as a manager for your iDevice, use foobar2000 and customize it to your liking. It's nice because you can make it look however you like, install it as a portable program, use it to encode and tag your music, etc. (So instead of having different programs like dbPoweramp, mp3tag, accuraterip, etc. You just have one program. Less clutter.)
If you use a Windows 10 tablet, use Groove Music (official app, optimized for touch. Just make sure to disable "automatically retrieve album information" or else it may screw up your metadata).
>OS X
iTunes is actually good on OS X, why would you use anything else?
>Linux
lol
>>
>>51655213
mpd
>>
>>51656050
>iTunes is actually good on OS X,
How does it differ from the Windows version?
>>
>>51656098
it isn't a port to windows APIs on OSX.
that said, it's still bloated as shit, but you probably won't notice too often.
until they update it too much, and you hardware's out of date, that is.
>>
>>51656098
Windows has better alternatives
>>
>>51656098
itunes is actually part of the system integrated at low level much like Windows Media Player was on XP but without much of the bloat of it.

that means its more faster at indexing media files and stuff than the windows version.
>>
I use MusicBee on Windows
>>51656098
it doesn't feel like and alpha version
>>
>>51655213
How about you scroll to the top and go read fucking wiki?
>>
>>51656156
*an, sorry
but yeah pretty much what the guy above me said, it's integrated with the system, you don't get to uninstall it too anyway (not in an easy way at least)
>>
>linux
What do?
>>
>>51655213
its the best hands down
i tried the new win 10 groove but its shit
and dont even mention fucking foobar, get the fuck out
>>
>>51656176
>>51656078

seriously though, a CLI isn't that bad. you don't even need to have it open most of the time.
>>
>>51656120
>>51656128
>>51656156
So basically Apple can't be fucked doing a good job on Windows in hopes people will buy a Mac instead?
>>
>>51656176
if you have a jailbroken device theres a paid tweak that enables you to add mp3 files to the iOS music database directly, without iTunes.
>>
>>51656156
why cant windows have such sweet font rendering, why? they just dont care about it, or is it such a deep system change they would have to make severe changes to the windows system? ;_;
>>
>>51656220
>paid tweaks
This is the dumbest thing.
>>
>>51656217
why would they do anything else?
mediocrity of long term support is their entire business model. this isn't a stretch in the least.
>>
>>51656217
they just gave people an alternative to sync their idevices on a windows pc, and hell its better, no wait, its actually usable, than the bullshit software microsoft provide for Lumia phones on OSX.
>>
>>51656217
People using iTunes on Windows are already poor Apple shills without the money for a Mac so i don't see why they would do that. I mean, they either use it because they have an iPhone (And therefore they probably want a Mac too) or because they are sucking Apple's dick without recognizing the program is shit.
>>
>>51656230
i didnt mention that you are ENFORCED to pay for it anon.
>>
>>51656251
I would have to argue, I have had cases where iTunes completely stopped picking up my iPod.
Also the sorting abilities are severely lacking and is such a core feature to any media player that they should be hanged.

But I have no idea what the Lumia shit is like.
>>
>>51656208
>install foobar
>install fancy theme you found on deviant art
>import all music in 2 clicks
>have faster and lighter experience than iTunes with a far greater feature set that's not bloated as shit

Wow that was such a hard and excruciating process.
>>
>>51656268
So you can implement the tweak yourself? Do they have the source for it available?

>>51656208
foobar is literally the best. They have been on top of the audio playing throne for over a decade now.
>>
>>51656278
well the Lumia software for OSX is nonfunctional since Mountain Lion, it cannot sync files to any winpho device since then,

At least itunes on windows works most of the time
>>
>>51656319
opensource paid tweak? no, but there are ways to get it for free. train your google-fu better.
>>
>>51656156
>musicbee
Mein Negro
>>
>>51655213
afplay
>>
>>51656050
>If you have an Apple product, nothing.
floola exists
>>
>>51656050
>Groove
mah nigga, it even has crazy automatic sync features with Windows Phones. i love that shit dearly, saves me a ton of time.
>>
>>51656288
>>51656319

stop it
its a fucking mess with this discontinued fucking thing
>>
File: dryui.png (160 KB, 1049x899) Image search: [Google]
dryui.png
160 KB, 1049x899
>>51656490

I wouldn't call it a mess
>>
>>51655213
copytrans works good and is free
>>
>>51656156
Oh god, it looks like a pile of shit.
>>
>>51655213
If you are on windows, its foobar or nothing.
If you are on osx, its itunes or nothing.
if you are on linux, go fuck yourself
>>
Any good apps for music downloading on iphone?
>>
>>51656229

Are you on crack? That font rendering is horrible
>>
Musicbee is good desu

Sort of a cross between itunes and foobar
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.