[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
machine learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
So I'm 25 and I'm bored with my career (network engineer) so I'm taking ~6 months off work to learn programming better. Ultimately I want to end up in AI but I know that's far off for my timeline, so what I want to know is what are the foundation topics that lead to being an AI dev? Pic unrelated
>>
>>51654530
Dat ass is phat.
>>
>>51654747
It's simply perfection
>>
>>51654530
I'm about to start a job as network engineer.
Why are you bored with it?
>>
File: 1-Pmbz0IEounzZL_xc1yt7Tw.jpg (118 KB, 1500x803) Image search: [Google]
1-Pmbz0IEounzZL_xc1yt7Tw.jpg
118 KB, 1500x803
Programming will be the least of your worries

You'll want to spend a shitton of time on learning math, assuming you don't have much of a background in that

And what area of AI? Decision Making, Machine Learning...?
>>
>>51654772
It's hardly perfection, looks pretty flat
>>
>>51654793
Second that.
You'll need a lot of Statistics and Probability theory
>>
>>51654804
Perfect to this white boy anon. When you're a neck beard like me, you don't get to be selective with asses. Hell I'll be lucky if I ever get to touch one.
>>
>>51654793
dont us coins have milled edges?
top kek
>>
math
also keep in mind ML is just a subset of AI as a whole and mostly focusses on data analytics, which probably isn't the most flashy of careers but is certainly gaining traction in the job market (probably going to be an incrementally bigger deal)
>>
>>51654788
It's creatively limiting compares to programming. I want to build something from scratch and stamp my name into it. That won't really happen by implement pre existing systems. I wish you the best though, network engineering certainly has it's "fuck yes" moments where things click or you avert or mitigate disaster. I also did 150+ site turn-ups plus all the back work this last year so I'm also just super burnt

>>51654804
It's delicious

>>51654888
I haven't touched math in years but I got to calc 2 and did a couple stats classes, plus I'm always willing to learn. In terms of what I want to do, I'd either want to like build a 'human' AI that doesn't know it's not real, or do big data mining, as that's going to be increasingly important
>>
>>51655247
>AI that doesn't know it's not real.
That should be pretty easy. Getting an AI to know anything would be very difficult.
>>
>>51654858
quarters do, i can't remember about anything else

except maybe the pristine condition silver dollar i paid for some cheezits at the airport with ony my way out, pretty sure that was smooth
>>
>>51654858
Only dimes and quarters.
Pennies, nickels, half-dollars, and dollars have flat edges.
>>
File: 1443586274685.jpg (14 KB, 495x318) Image search: [Google]
1443586274685.jpg
14 KB, 495x318
>>51654530
who dat
>>
>>51657617
Gf
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.