[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which does less evil? Which does most? Are intel and nvidia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: intel-amd-nvidia-lawsuit[1].jpg (13 KB, 440x116) Image search: [Google]
intel-amd-nvidia-lawsuit[1].jpg
13 KB, 440x116
Which does less evil?
Which does most?

Are intel and nvidia still jewing customers and spying on them or using remote shutdown shit? It's been a while.
>>
Yes they are. AMD is the only choice

It only they'd release a decent processor i could go full AMD
>>
>>51651202
Nvidia is evil, AMD is incompetent (but getting better), Intel is lazy and sort of evil.
>>
the palestin one
>>
>>51651583
>>51651556
>>51651616

So, morally, AMD is the only choice?
>>
>mods removed my post but didnt ban me.

thx I guess
>>
morally amd is the only choice. intel is bad but not as bad as nvidia.
but intels drivers are great.
>>
>>51651815

Well, doesn't this put consumers in a pickle.

Buy from a morally good but incompetent company, or a competent evil one.
>>
>>51651923
>Well, doesn't this put consumers in a pickle.
well both nvidia and amd are incompetent. intel will win if this continues.
>>
>>51651961
If AMD can just advertise their name and remove their "budget" stigma, they can push forward with their GPUs and get full exposure with their Zen processors around the corner. I wish that the APU department gets the spotlight as well because Kaveri kicked ass for it's price and the dual GPU capabilities look promising.
>>
>>51652178

I wish I could wait a year for Zen... But alas, the 8350 shall have to do.
>>
>>51652178
i agree. i personally use an r9 390 because amd have decent open-source drivers compared to nvidia and good GPU hardware compared to intel.
>>
>>51651724
>implying 4chan bans aren't laughably based on IP and easily circumvented
>>
>>51651714
'Fraid so
>>
>>51652589

Welp, gonna build all AMD this month then.
Graduating from uni and treating myself to a new build.
>>
File: image.jpg (393 KB, 700x970) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
393 KB, 700x970
AMD isn't evil because they aren't ahead, nvidia is because they are and Intel is the most evil because they're the furthest ahead.
>>
this is a stupid question OP.

Bicycles are less 'evil' than cars, but who the fuck wants to give up their car for a bike ?
>>
>>51651202
AMD does the most evil.
They are incompetent retards barely hanging on the industry and they are only allowed to exist through the good graces of Intel and Nividia which both don't want to bother with monopoly charges in court.

So wait. Why are they evil?
Because their product is shit and they know it full well, won't stop them from selling it.

No one in any industry supports their graphics cards. Doesn't matter if you want to play a video game or edit video, it's CUDA CUDA CUDA all you're going to hear. No one gives a flying dick about AMDs shit. Except for Gaben. Thing is - Gaben is a marketing fuckturd who only cares of selling himself as the ALTERNATIVE - and as such he has to position himself to the counter Intel-Nvidia-Mircosoft trinity - which let's fucking face it - have monopoly over the gaming industry.

Still 9 out of 10 Steam machines have an Nvidia inside of them. Not like anyone buys them but whatever.
>>
>>51653215
Nvidia is evil because of Gameworks, and purposely holding the entire industry back, through sleazy business tactics
>>
>>51651202

AMD does less evil, maybe because of their shitty market position.

Nvidia does more evel than Intel, Intel is in the middle.
>>
>>51653608
And if they weren't ahead they wouldn't have the ability to do so.
>>
>>51653353
you know that intel has to pay nvidia for patents for x64 processors right m8?
>>
>>51653651
They would, but not to the same extent. AMD doesn't pull the same shit with Gaming Evolved, even though they should.
>>
>>51653651
Well, AMD has been ahead before and didn't pull anything like that on the consumers.

The most you can fling at AMD, is that they've dropped support for some of their products rather early, but even then, those products had low adoption rate.
Other than that, AMD has always been very consumer-friendly, even when they were ahead.
>>
File: 1413758232388.png (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1413758232388.png
32 KB, 500x375
>>51653659
>intel has to pay nvidia for patents for x64 processors
>>
AMD- works with VESA to create standards
intel- works with VESA to adopt standards
nvidia- proprietary asics

nvidia basically wants to grow up to be sony someday, and just shit out a bunch of patents till they can get people to adopt it
some might be better (betamax), but most are worse (umd, proprietary flash memory)
>>
>>51651202
intel has gone through 2 die shrinks and hasn't lowered price even though relative power hasn't gone up significantly enough to warrant maintaining price.

this suggests full jew, or what is capable on silicon is hitting its maximum.

nvidia cripples their own cards with drivers (see the 780 ti getting lower performance on a driver update and it took 1 month of a shit storm to get un crippled drivers) while they also give game devs (or use to this practice may have changed in the last 6 months) dlls instead of source, forcing 64x tessellation, their 900 cards that aren't rebrands can handle it even if it still fucks performance over, their 700 line takes a massive hit, but hell its a reason to upgrade, but it beats the fuck out of amd in benchmarks.

most games amd can match or beat nvidia in price brackets, and newer drivers almost always increase performance, but the week one benchmarks always show nvidia as being the better card because they fuck over performance across the board and it takes a while to un fuck it.

nvidia is fucking evil and is doing everything they can to slow down advancement in gaming if not out right kill it.

amd, they are labeled incompetent, however in multi core performance, their stock cpus beat out much of the 8 thread intel line, and lets be clear, amd is 4 cores 8 threads, even if their threads are closer to full cores. amd took a gamble with bulldozer, and it didnt pay off because devs are lazy cunts when it comes to multi threading, we can see in games that used mantle when threads are properly used, they 8350 can match an i7 at the very least.

but single thread they suck, where intel excels,

gpu wise, they were at the forefront of many effects that are widely used today, most if not all the time, making platform agnostic solutions even when they were in positions to make platform exclusive ones. also, before it gets pointed out, amds end goal with mantle was to open it up to everyone and was being tested on amd...
>>
>>51654782
... till it got dropped altogether and documentation was passed off to vulkan and dx12, mantles job was done.

so far, the crimson driver has been the only driver that amd put out that resulted in card death, though card death only happens when people turned off all the safety measures of their cards for self preservation. i'm not sure if this is incompetence, as its a bug that only hit a few where as nvidia has put out 3 drivers that killed hardware and i know at least one it wasn't a bug, and was dled something long the lines of 1000 times before it got pulled off distribution.

as far as im concerned,

intel = jew (though they give a fuck load of money to actual sjw's so that could tip them to evil, i call it a wash because to normal people they are doing good things)
nvidia = evil jews
amd = i dont want to say incompetent, they just went underdogs because of evil jews and a failed bet, looking at excavator's efficiency/power gains, if they released a desktop version, their 8 thread may be able to compete with intel's 12 thread

we got zen for nest year (2nd quarter most likely, but click bait puts it at q4... q2 makes more sense timeline wise though unless they want to have a full non paper launch and are willing to stock pile) that will be an 8 core 16 thread that competes with intel at mainstream prices, even if intel is 2-10% faster single core, that multithread alone will force them to redo the prices at the very least.
and we also have die shrink gpu with hbm2 that should put gpus 30-50% faster just by virtue of the shrink.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.