[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tech OCD. Do any of you have tech related OCD? I work at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
>Tech OCD.
Do any of you have tech related OCD?

I work at a computer repair shop and when I redo the thermal paste on a computer, it must be a perfect circle blob, no little stringy bits or anything like that or I'll wipe it off and start again.

On top of this, every time I'm on a computer or phone, I have to copy the letter "e" 3 or 5 times in a row.

I know of other people who have to keep the cursor on a certain part of the screen, and I know of people who air type, but I'm posting this here because this is probably the best place to spot a sperg in it's natural habitat. Hopefully someone does what I do.
>>
>>51647057
What do you mean by copy the letter e?

Dev here, I think I should have many of these but I don't. Then again I've only been doing this for a year
>>
>>51647181
this just sounds like OCD. "tech ocd" isn't a thing.
>>
>I have to copy the letter "e" 3 or 5 times in a row.
?????
explain
>>
>>51647181
I feel the need to copy just the lower case "e" in YouTube titles or in any text that isn't negative on other websites. If not, I feel uncomfortable and will end up doing it. Sometimes I do it 20 seconds later because I don't know if I did it or not.
It sucks dude.
>>
Whenever I type a command in the terminal I instantly clear afterwords. I don't know if that's OCD or just a good/bad habit
>>
>>51647333

wtf am I reading
>>
I don't have OCD, but I have an issue with hoarding which affects my use of technology.

Deleting anything causes me anguish. I have dozens of browser tabs open, and hundreds more bookmarked with OneTab that I'll probably never get round to looking at. My desktop is constantly full of files, which I then put into a folder when it gets too full.

I just buy new hard drives instead of uninstalling old games, deleting old movies & music etc.

Help.
>>
>>51647347
Relax. It only means you're a homo and love drinking other men's cum.
>>
>>51647368
Sorry mate, I'm high as fuck right now, tbqfahwy keluarga.
>>
>>51647057
I hate doing a free select on text; I want to double click a word and drag the highlight over words / delimiters at a time. It guarantees you don't miss any letters off the beginning or end of words when trying to copy a section of something verbatim. Also I have a compulsion to copy words that both begin and end with the character 'e'.
>>
>>51647424
>I want to double click a word and drag the highlight over words
Yes

Do you really copy the letter 'e' too? I used to only do it at the beginning if it's a lower case or even on the end.

I don't know why I like the letter 'e'..
>>
>>51647057
OP, I'm sorry to inform you that isn't OCD. Instead, you are gay.
>>
I keep highlighting random parts of the text I'm reading with my mouse, which can be pretty noisy-

Coworkers often give me shit for it but I can't help it, I have the assburgers.
>>
I used to work with a guy who had this weird habit of covering little squares of his screen with blu-tac. There seemed to be some method involved, as he used to point at his screen a lot when working

I have no idea why, I think he had assburgers or something
>>
>>51647456
But I have a wife... or is it a beard now?
>>
>>51647057
>tech related OCD
No dude, you have a gigantic case of being a fucking faggot. Real OCD is crippling and very hard to find. Redoing thermal paste is just fucking stupid. But then, you did make this post so at least your stupidity and faggotry are consistent.
>>
I randomly click around and open the start menu for no reason all the time

that might be because i'm a bored NEET though
>>
>>51647380
I wish I was like this... OP here.
I clean install like every month and delete all my shit except for a few games, docs, pics on a 1tb external.. which I probably use up 300Gb. But most of that is linux ISOs and games..

I reset my phone all the time, too.
>>
>>51647556
I know a programmer who keeps blu tac on the e of the dell logo all the time.
>>
File: 143159510353s.jpg (10 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
143159510353s.jpg
10 KB, 200x193
>>51647585
>he's angry on a malaysian girl cartoon fan club.
>>
>>51647578
>having wife
>automatically can't be a faggot
>>
>>51647368
youre reading an example of actual OCD, and not the "he gets mad if his room is a mess!" fake OCD that most idiots on the internet talk about
>>
>>51647825
>faggot niggotry
>real OCD
Is this tumblr now?
>>
File: 90870597.png (461 KB, 500x742) Image search: [Google]
90870597.png
461 KB, 500x742
I always use an anime girl as a wallpaper for my phone, laptop, desktop, and even my office workstation.
If I don't, anxiety kicks in and I find myself throttling harder than usual on my bike and my car. As a result, I have a horrific history of near miss situations. I almost planted my face on a gutter yesterday when my boss convinced me to change my phone wallpaper.
Pic related
>>
>>51647927
God you're fucking pathetic.
>>
>>51647612
I haven't even mentioned the backups of old PCs that I keep as virtual machines. I boot them up every so often and do all the windows security updates. I don't know why.
>>
>>51647057

Yeah, KDE's fucky paddings and lack of general keyline usage triggers my autism.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.