[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Apple is nothing but marketing Why do I keep hearing that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1429824216404.jpg (1 MB, 1167x1410) Image search: [Google]
1429824216404.jpg
1 MB, 1167x1410
>Apple is nothing but marketing
Why do I keep hearing that here?

I have never seen an Apple ad here (Netherlands) from Apple itself, only phone companies sometimes advertise their iPhone deal, but never Apple talking about their newest release.

Meanwhile Asus for example advertised all over my university campus with their new Zenbook and on television there are shitloads of commercials from Samsung and untill a while ago HTC.

So where does this whole 'Apple is nothing but marketing' come from? Is it because Apple focuses more on the design of their products? Because that's not marketing, design adds actual value to a product while marketing does not, it only boosts sales.

authors note; I do not own any Apple stuff nor do I have stocks.
>>
File: bosta.jpg (106 KB, 578x712) Image search: [Google]
bosta.jpg
106 KB, 578x712
>>
>>51645371
I'm sorry I have no scat fetish.
>>
File: image.jpg (432 KB, 1935x2051) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432 KB, 1935x2051
Some people have an intense fetish
>>
>>51645360
>tfw my name is brandon
>>
>>51645360
>Microsoft did nothing but marketing
Look where they are now PC and Office wise. For phone they didn't do any marketing up till recently and look how that turned out.
>>
>>51645360
It's because you live in a country the nobody cares about
>>
This was pretty hilarious
>>
>>51645360
marketing and advertising are two different things.
>>
>>51645562
I know that, but marketing is (as far as I know) anything that can be done without changing the actual product.

Pricing, advertising, selecting sellers, etc. is marketing. Yet I still don't see what's Apple doing that is 'nothing but marketing'
>>
How does one create comics of this caliber? This is very good quality.
>>
>>51645603
No idea, I saved it from like a year ago, it upset a lot of people.
>>
>>51645360
kanker
>>
>>51645360
http://www.apple.com/watch/films/
I have seen some of these on TV in New Zealand and a bunch on iPhone6s adverts on TV.

I have seen a bunch of boring slowmo videos that and the end have "Filmed on the iPhone6" on TV.

I have seen some Samsung ads on TV too, particularly the Note 5.

So all I can assume is that Apple doesn't give a fuck about the Netherlands.
>>
>>51645360
>sent from my iPhone
>>
>>51645603
Just do a few GIMP tutorials and you should be good to go my friend
>>
>>51645360
Apple doesn't pay to display ads, but they spend a lot of money in creating them.

Actually I consider half of the price (if not more) of the last-gen iPhone is because the marketing and its price indeed makes you an jealoused person (the other part being for the design and the hardware).

Oh and unofficial iOS Minecraft guides makers and retarded stuff like this deserve to burn in boiling shit forever, they're just justifying themselves of having a MacBook while selling their well-deserved recipient : shit their retarded brain is only able to produce.

(I'm a bit angry about one of them and I hope he failed medicine)
>>
>>51645660
>So all I can assume is that Apple doesn't give a fuck about the Netherlands.
Why wouldn't they? High income, high population density. Our economy is like 4-5 times the size of NZ's.
>>
>>51645725
Maybe Hell is just where all boiling unofficial iOS Minecraft guides do go, then assassins and rapists burn in what their vilest congeners have made.

Sounds fun.
>>
>>51645739
That plus the fact their market share is shrinking here should be reason enough to advertise more.
>>
>>51645770
It is? Probably because old people get themselves smartphones as well and just go for whatever is the cheapest.

At least in my uni I see nothing but iPhones.
>>
>>51645784
They went down to a 11% market share. But I see a lot of budget deals lately with the previous iPhone models. So I guess that will have an impact.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.