[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Informatics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
What does /g/ think of this program curriculum?

https://ischool.uw.edu/academics/informatics/curriculum

Taking data structures and algorithms course outside of that. Looking for Microsoft program manager or a product manager position. Pic related.
>>
>>51645257
>no calculus
>no linear algebra
Enjoy being a code monkey.
>>
>>51645304
Most of the alum are far from code monkeys. That's what I'm hoping to avoid
>>
Sounds good for a program/product manager position.

I'd take more classes in business administration and statistics though.
>>
>>51645544
I'm thinking about a double major in business or saving the money by taking part in both a leadership/sales certificate so I can open myself up to those type of positions.
>>
>>51645257
Don't they have a more detailed listing of subjects? From some prereqs there it seems that it needs some higher math prereq. This seems like a very high level overview.
>>
>>51645626
https://www.washington.edu/students/crscat/info.html
>>
>>51645647
>INFO 101 Social Networking Technologies (5) I&S/NW
>INFO 102 Gender and Information Technology (5) I&S, DIV
Fucking dropped. Is this a thing in the USA?
Thank God, we don't have this bullshit in Europe.
>>
>>51645577
you can always do some volunteer work with some nonprofits. hr loves that stuff.

also, you may want to look into courses dealing with MIS

this post reminds me of a time at my old job. i remember walking past my product manager's office and on his laptop was some manga or graphic novel of some sort. couldn't get the name. he's this really tough dude that goes to the gym and was so openly against anime and cartoons and all sorts of drawn entertainment. was pretty odd seeing manga on his desktop.
>>
>>51645667
Sadly my university panders to the SJW crowd.
>>
>>51645679
I hadn't thought about that getting involved with a non-profit, but that sounds like a potentially good leeway into a biz position.
>>
>>51645257
I'm in the program at a different school. While half my classes are shared with CS majors, I find it more enjoyable (I switched). I would love to do management down the line, but will be looking into design positions first.

>>51645304
Mine requires both of those.
>>
>>51645757
A large portion of the people in the program at my school take calc despite it not being a prereq
>>
File: degree.png (169 KB, 882x750) Image search: [Google]
degree.png
169 KB, 882x750
Rate mine, faggots.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.