[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Impact of technology on your lives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 11471402.jpg (112 KB, 433x649) Image search: [Google]
11471402.jpg
112 KB, 433x649
Hey /g/.
First time posting, I'm a high school teacher planning an end of year lecture on technology and the role it plays in modern society.
I'm looking for articles and videos both defending and attacking modern technology. Literature in particular, short stories and the like. Think of life in the 1950's and compare and contrast it with life today. Just looking for various mediums dealing with this or similar issues/topics.
Just curious what y'all insight might be.
Looking for basic ideas, so the more vague the better.
Thank you.
>>
>>51644960
bump.

wow this board moves fast!
>>
>>51644960
bump?
>>
>Shit's the same. I just now have more ways to be an ass but I also have more ways to be a nice dude.
You can cite me as "anon".
>>
Witty comment is appreciated, however, I'm really just lookin for videos, articles, narrative, and the like. You know, stuff the kids will really be interested in.
>>
>>51644960
If i was in your position I would introduce your students to the works of Julius Evola. "Revolt against the Modern World" would be a good place to start.

>"America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition. It has introduced the religion of praxis and productivity; it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest. It has generated a soulless greatness of a purely technological and collective nature, lacking any background of transcendence, inner light, and true spirituality. America has [built a society where] man becomes a mere instrument of production and material productivity within a conformist social conglomerate."
>>
>>51645173
Very interesting, looked it up.
It's great really, don't get me wrong. . . .
just maybe something a little more recent.
Again, I'm comparing and contrasting technologies of today and the technologies of the 1950's and how said technologies have impacted their respective times.
Great foot note though, definitely a name to keep in my back pocket for future lectures.
Although perhaps someone not so. . . . Jesus-y
>>
>>51645396
>modern articles/videos. Last 10 years at most.
>>
https://youtu.be/Dn8gealMDsg
>>
>teknolegy hilps u 2ell pepel r odots
>>
>>51645412
HOLY SHIT!
Richard Stallman is fucking amazing.
I've been reading some of hist shit, my students will eat this crap up!
I don't know if you meant this to help, but thank you very much.
thanks /g/ I knew I could count on you guise.
>>
Probably I'll be happier without Internet and smartphones but who knows
>>
>>51645860
Stop trying to mimic /g/ syntax, you're pretty nice and we're glad to help you but you're a teacher.

Try writing like an old version of Tempest from Shakespeare instead, I like Shakespeare.

If you're a teacher you've probably already heard of Lawrence Lessig's book Code is law. It's not an article but that's pretty interesting.

There are talks about a French scientist, Foucault, who wrote the book "To watch and to punish" (or something like this), where he describes the panopticon : a circular prison with a central tower which can see all what prisoners do. This is linked by talkers to the NSA mass surveillance.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.