[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus christ Newegg is fucking garbage now. I've literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (95 KB, 616x694) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
95 KB, 616x694
Jesus christ Newegg is fucking garbage now.

I've literally been waiting an hour to contact Newegg Live Chat, and my expected wait time has actually INCREASED.
>>
>>51641840
Maybe they're just busy you fuckin idiot.
>>
>>51641840
I'm actually a newegg CSR

what's up OP, what u need.
>>
>>51641840
Hey its me ur live chat guy
>>
>>51642193
It's expected that the time actually decrease by a measurable amount in an hour and a half of waiting.
>>
What the fuck do you even need to ask asshole no job having OP?
>>
>>51642297
LiveChat message:
>Tried sending in a price protection request 5 days ago. No answer. Tried sending an e-mail about the price protection 2 days ago. No answer. Going to need to get price protection, else I'm issuing a return.

I've been waiting almost a week for their supposed "Price Protection" program that will refund the difference if a lower price for the item occur on another major retailer.

I bought a FTZ01B case from them, which never moves in price, for $119.99 + $7.78 shipping+ no tax. (Amazon at the time had it for $129.99 + free shipping + tax). Black Friday, Amazon drops it to $109.99 + free shipping + tax. Newegg price matched this on their website, too, including free shipping. I sent in a price protection request, after entering the form details, the webpage states that they'll contact me shortly.

Since then Newegg has jacked up the price to $129.99 + $7.78 shipping, and removed all price protection disclaimers on all items on their website.

What the fuck gives. Someone needs to fucking answer now, else I'm issuing a return (on their dime since I got free Premier) and buying from Amazon instead.

This customer service is a fucking joke.
>>
>>51642380
So you are pissing your fucking pants over 17 fucking dollars? Jesus fucking christ you are poor
>>
>>51642424
That's not the point senpai anon kun desu
>>
>>51642439
Then whats the fucking point that you were too much of an idiot to wait for black friday on the off chance the price may drop?l and now you want newegg to cover your utter fucking stupidity?
>>
>>51642380
they wont match that.
>>
File: Proudly_Presents.jpg (20 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
Proudly_Presents.jpg
20 KB, 150x150
>>51641840
It's literally the busiest time of the year for them and any other sellers, you fucking gimp-shit mongoloid.
>>
>>51642424
>Submit info in form, get $17 back due to terms of price protection.
No big deal, took me 5 minutes to do, and they'll get back to me tomorrow afternoon maybe, if they're slammed with holiday shopping.

>3 days later, still no e-mail back, even letting me know that there's a delay in addressing my price protection request. At this point Amazon has sold out of the case, and Newegg jacked up the price.
No big deal, I'll just take 5 minutes, go to the Contact Newegg page and send Customer Support an e-mail. They'll get back to me tomorrow afternoon maybe, if they're slammed with holiday shopping.

>2 days later, still no e-mail back on price protection request, or a reply back to the e-mail sent to customer support.
No big deal, I'll get on the live chat and they'll sort it out. Maybe they got a new guy working there and he's not answering the e-mails or something quick enough.

>Join live chat line
>30 minute wait
No big deal, I can watch something and it'll be my turn soon.
>2 hours later
>Still waiting.

Patience is a vritue, but can you at least e-mail or notify all the customers in line that there are delays in addressing their situation?

Fucking hell.
>>
>>51642609
Or you could have used your brain and waited for black friday
>>
>2007
> oh hey bro check out this site called newegg. their customer service is great too
> order stuff

>2014
> decide to order open-box motherboard
> "You ordered this part, can you help other customers with it?"
> no thats your job to provide customer service newegg, not me.
> realize that motherboard is getting pretty old to be sold in 2014 considering it was released in 2011
> kinda pissed but you know...buyer beware my fault

> order simple rosewill wireless card later
> one of two things Ive ever ordered on newegg, DOA
> you ordered this part can you help other customers with their questions?
> takes weeks with their shitty tech support chat to get it returned
> realize that newegg has gotten fat, bloated and has started to jew their customers for everything theyve got.
> look up CEO, CEO is an asian.
well theres your problem.

chinese people are humans.
>>
File: Capture.png (134 KB, 1007x847) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
134 KB, 1007x847
>>51642582
not really an excuse.

I ordered the echo from Amazon and few days later price dropped for black friday i requested price change and got it within 20 mins.
>>
>>51642691
Enjoying that at-home NSA spynet, senpai?
>>
File: Untitled.png (145 KB, 1031x935) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
145 KB, 1031x935
Finally got an answer back, I told them to fuck off.

I don't think they realize it's more expensive for them to create a return mailing label for me and have to sort out having to sell the case reduced price as open box, rather than honor the full $17 price match difference.

>Sorry that you had to wait in line.
Are you fucking kidding me? Everyone had to wait in line. 1) Why the hell are you sorry?
2) I think you misunderstand what I'm upset about. I'm not upset about waiting my turn in a line. I knew that going into the live chat line.

>We can't do a price match for $17, but here have a $10 gift card for the trouble!
Really? After the thousands of dollars I've spent on this site, I get a $10 gift card that I can make more than triple during a LUNCH BREAK at work?

What pissed me off is they'd refuse to do $17, but would try to haggle down to $10, not because the price match request was valid (which they defend as being "invalid") but only as a consolation prize.

Sorry, fuckers. Don't need your fucking $10 gift card, I won't be shopping here anymore.
>>
>>51642634
The point of price protection is not having to do that you dipshit.
>>
File: amazon-echo-wemo-philips-hue.jpg (31 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
amazon-echo-wemo-philips-hue.jpg
31 KB, 728x546
>>51642852
fuck yeah senpai. i got my hue lights setup. waiting on my door locks. after that might add nest thermo, a garage lock. and fuckit more IFTTT

feels good to live in the future senpaiii

HOME AUTOMATION FEELS GREAT.
>>
>>51641840
>using live chat
Fucking why? Just call them. Their phone support is pretty good in my experience (I've called them three times)
>>
>>51642875
LOL i fucking told you retard.

Price match wasn't going to work since YOU fucked up. NOT them.
>>
>>51642903
>being this much of a goy
>>
>>51642894
Phone support hours are done for the day.

>>51642903
The irony is that the price match symbol WAS THERE during Black Friday when I sent the price match request info. It's no longer there, OR ANYWHERE, on Newegg now that Black Friday is over.

>Oh well that symbol isn't there anymore.
IT WAS THERE WHEN I FUCKING BOUGHT IT. That's the REASON I bought it to begin with, else I would gladly have waited, as I was waiting for other components at the same time, too.

Placed my order for the FTZ01B at Amazon, using 10% cashback due to Chase Freedom card on purchases at Amazon, getting it for $106 after everything is considered.

Cheaper than $120 + $8 shipping at Newegg at the very least.
>>
>>51642875
really showed that live support lady senpai, good job. you're cool as fuck.
>>
>>51642380
A return on a non-defective item from Newegg will only get you 85% of the original price back.
>>
>>51641840
how about you stop being such a stuttering autist and call them
>>
Neweggs's live chat sucks total dick. Tried to get free premier through my student email but it wouldn't go through. They said they would contact me in 5 to 7 days.. this was two weeks ago. Honestly, fuck them. Amazon is the only way to go now. Tiger Direct is only good for in store purchase with the sole intention of price matching with Amazon because their prices sick dick.
>>
>>51643945
Suck dick*

Fucking phone intensifying my autism.
>>
>>51643945
I just returned a couple monitors through live chat and had no issues whatsoever. I even did the survey and gave the guy 10/10 A+++.
>>
Why does Newegg only ship from California? Surely they have warehouses other than that one, right?
>>
>>51642439
>I'm gonna teach that evil corporation a lesson
>they wont be seeing my peasant quantity of dolaroos again soon!
>>
>>51644673
I know they have one in New Jersey. I basically get free 2 day shipping with 3 day shipping selected.
>>
>>51644682
>I know they have one in New Jersey. I basically get free 2 day shipping with 3 day shipping selected.
I live in Columbus, but they shipped my shit from CA. Wouldn't NJ be faster?

What the fuck, Newegg.
>>
>>51644711
No clue. Maybe they just have different shit at different warehouses. I guess everything you have ordered needed to come from their main warehouse which is in CA.
>>
>>51643806
hence why Newegg is shit

Amazon don't ask questions
>>
>>51644723
They don't have 970s in any other warehouse? Laughable.

Oh well. They're usually pretty fast about delivering regardless.

UPS/newegg is fucking awful about updating their tracker, though.
>>
>>51641840
>what happened on Friday and monday
>>
>>51644746
>UPS/newegg is fucking awful about updating their tracker, though

what?!? when I get something shipped from Newegg via UPS, I get an e-mail with an estimated delivery date when the label hits its first milestone, I get an e-mail when the package is scheduled to be delivered the next day, with a delivery window, and when the package is delivered, I get an e-mail that it was and where it was left, what are you talking about?
>>
>>51644664
why would anyone return anything to Newegg knowing that you're not going to get all of your money back?
>>
>>51641840
Get a fucking phone in your hand and call them up you fucking autistic shit
>>
>>51642424
>these idiots think rich people get and stay rich by bleeding money
wew lad
>>
>>51644679
>implying corporations don't care whether someone stops purchasing their products
>implying cocacola, ISPs, phone service providers, supermarkets etc etc don't spend a shit ton of money every single year on advertising, retention deals, and competing with others
>he devalues the purchasing power of consumers

and this is why you flip burgers and/or work customer service.
>>
>>51642977
check the archived page to see.
>>
>>51642686
this desu, Amazon and bhphotovideo have replaced newegg for 99% of my online shopping
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.