[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this? Even Opera is better than this trash!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: selection.png (1 MB, 2272x1664) Image search: [Google]
selection.png
1 MB, 2272x1664
What the fuck is this? Even Opera is better than this trash!
>>
>Memevaldi
>>
>>51640395
The only bad thing about it is the slowness
>>
Install edge when it gets extensions this isn't rocket science
>>
>>51640395
Freeware has no reason to be proprietary.
>>
>>51640395
Not a fair comparison since Opera is pretty much better than everything else. Not because it suddenly became good, mind you. Just because every major browser competes at being the steamiest pile of shit now.
>>
>>51641112
ms shill
>>
>>51641161
What constitutes a "good" browser in your eyes?
>>
>>51641152
>implying it's "free"
>>
>>51641212
Freeasinfreebeerware*
>>
>>51641212
Freeware doesn't imply libre.
>>
>>51641223
>>51641252
more like free as in you're paying by using the default search engines
>>
>>51641194
A browser that doesn't become slower the more tabs you open and has downloads resumption. Just the one that doesn't dumb down the UI every update FFS.
>>
I thought it was OK. If I didn't care about libre though, I would switch over.
>>
>>51640395
What is it?
>>
It's not a good web browser, but it's the best one out there. Opera 12 was the last good web browser.
>>
>>51641327
muh opera hipster browser
>>
>>51641277
Does Opera have that? I figured you were just being pretentious, but I'm actually willing to switch if it's not bad.
>>
>>51641510
Yes.
>>
>>51641617
Alright, I'll check it out, though I've heard that Vivaldi is all Opera devs that weren't satisfied with the way the browser was going.
>>
>not using Qupzilla
>>
>>51641698
It has less features as of now. Once you install Opera enter the settings and enter Konami code there, this unlocks advanced settings. Also opera://flags. You can disable some stupid shit there, like space above tabs, search bar on NTP and that VPN "promotion".
>>
>>51641762
>You can disable some stupid shit there, like space above tabs
I've been searching the past few minutes, but I can't find where this is. Help?
>>
>>51640395
>What the fuck is this?

I don't know, what is that?
>>
>>51642008
>enter the settings and enter Konami code there
>>
>>51642008
>can't find where this is
>Konami code
up up down down left right left right A B, do it in settings menu
>>
>>51642089
>>51642104
Nevermind, I am an idiot. I entered the Konami code, I just didn't see the setting to change it. Now I'm getting my extensions set up.
>>
my only gripe with opera is that the tabs bar is fucking huge compared to that of chrome, also i can set chrome tab bar background to any color i want with themes, in opera "themes" are just speed dial backgrounds.
>>
opera is actually like chromium in regards to chrome - same thing with missing flash, media codecs and plugins.
>>
>>51642118
You can install Chrome's extensions.
>>51642162
Codecs are definitely there.
>>
>>51642371
I'm using Firefox as my main browser. I can get all of the extensions, but it's not as quick of a switch as it would be from Chrome.
>>
>>51641112
nice try satya
>>
>>51641112
>when
If.
>>
>>51640395
how is UI customisation on opera?
>>
>>51640395
>Even Opera is better than this trash!
Thats because Opera is, right now, the best browser out.

Chrome without the botnet. Plus it can use chrome extensions.
>>
>>51644790
But can you turn the tabs black? Because that's the only reason I haven't switched from Firefox.
>>
>>51640395
Are you talking about Opera or Chropera? Because saying "even Opera is better" doesn't make much sense when Opera's better than everything else as well.
>>
>>51644790
>Chrome without the botnet

Egg whites without the egg whites.
>>
>>51640395
>What the fuck is this?
Mac OS X
>>
>>51644828
Do you mean the UI, or the default colour for webpage content?
>>
>>51644828
No. You can't do anything with Opera. It's a locked Chrome clone. I'm an Opera user, btw
>>
>>51644923
Both would be ideal, but I'd settle for just the UI.
>>
Its UI is written in fucking HTML and CSS. Yes, let's use technologies designed for sharing data-centric static scientific papers on a worldwide network for creating desktop UIs! Genius!

The main excuse I see for this shit being pulled is "muh hackability" as if HTML+CSS+JS are the only way or the easiest way to add extensibility. It's so stupid.
>>
>>51644981
>Its UI is written in fucking HTML and CSS

lol i didnt know about this
Vivaldi is for real a fucking piece of shit, if only they took Opera Presto and improved it instead of creating another chrome clone everything would have been different...
>>
File: otter.png (27 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
otter.png
27 KB, 160x160
>Opera thread
How is Otter browser coming along?
>>
>>51640395
>What the fuck is this? Even Opera is better than this trash!

A million times I told you, I tell you again: everything based on the BUT BUT I KNOW IT BETTER mindset is shit and doomed to fail sooner or later. Usually sooner.
>>
>>51640395
>Using Disconnect.me
>>
>>51645992
not at all
>>
>>51641112
>unironically using edge
>ever
>>
I installed opera yesterday, it's great..
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.