[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Garbage design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
>everything must be oversimplified, otherwise the user might get lost in the eternal void of the internet
>also all the content must be only in the middle of the screen, otherwise if they try to move their heads too fast these might get unscrewed and eventually lost

Who the fuck designs these websites? Or who they're designed for?
>>
>>51639371
phones and tablets you stupid fuck

I bet you still use a desktop

fucking dinosaur
>>
>>51639371
the pic in your OP is fine dude.

>simple design
no superfluous information, just pictures, loads quickly

>centered screen
standard format across the web, minimum fuss for scaling via responsive design

or would you rather have this:

http://www.lingscars.com/
>>
>>51639406

You seem to be lost, this is not macrumors.
>>
File: 7ccjFsQ.gif (188 KB, 206x178) Image search: [Google]
7ccjFsQ.gif
188 KB, 206x178
>>51639371
>All white webpages
>>
>>51639430
>http://www.lingscars.com/

HAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>51639457

THIS
>>
>>51639406
So what? You need everything mashed in the middle of the screen and not more than one button otherwise te user might get confused?
I know this is bait, but still..

>>51639430
>no superfluous information
No nothing, really.

>just pictures
Yeah, only 9. I could easily get 3 times more per page at that resolution.

>loads quickly
Nno, it doesn't.

>http://www.lingscars.com/
Well, no, not in the current state, but with some cleanup, yes.

>>51639457
Also this.
>>
>>51639500
>muh aesthetic sensibilities are offended

shit's subjective, build a competitor and rek them if you care this much
>>
>>51639562
Well, it's not about that site in particular. There are many other atrocities like it.
>>
>>51639371
i design these websites and FOR MY CLIENTS

if you aint paying then STFU !!!
>>
>>51639631
Someone's actually paying for that? Oh lol, hahhahahaha
>>
>>51639576
do something anon

shoot up a web design convention or something, targeting only those who go for the simplistic view
>>
>>51639722
Are you instigating me to commit murders, anon?
>>
>>51639430
Lings cars isnt actually that bad and on mobile is quite decent
>>
>Getting mad at good design that even idiots could use
>Not realizing that design that an idiot can use is good design on the basis that if an idiot can use it, anyone can
Instagram's desktop site literally just needs to show you pictures some people took, and how you can interact with them upon clicking on them. It doesn't look like a souped up mess like photobucket a decade ago, but it doesn't fucking need to
>>
>>51639811
nothing personal kid
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.