[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to buy new monitor >looking for 2560 x 1440 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: checker.jpg (49 KB, 540x420) Image search: [Google]
checker.jpg
49 KB, 540x420
>want to buy new monitor
>looking for 2560 x 1440 and 144 hz
>its all freesync or gsync
>nvidia or amd
this shit makes me want to stick with my 1080p at 60hz
>>
>they actually are the same color
Fuck
>>
I know its pathetic

£250 extra for gsync

I have an nvidia card and went with a freesync monitor because im not spending 250 quid on a vsync gimmick and sure as shit am not buying an amd card again
>>
>>51634294

Join us now and share the software;
You'll be free, hackers, you'll be free.

Hoarders can get piles of money,
That is true, hackers, that is true.
But they cannot help their neighbors;
That's not good, hackers, that's not good.

When we have enough free software
At our call, hackers, at our call,
We'll kick out those dirty licenses
Ever more, hackers, ever more.

>>
so true >>51634488
he's right
>>
>>51634488
wait so youre using a nvidia card on a freesyc but doesnt that mean you dont get the higher refresh times? or it still works?
>>
>making out 1080p 60hz as low-spec
I still use 1280*1024 at that refresh rate.
>>51634333
Checkerboards create too much brainfuck for their own good. They were used as backgrounds in 60's animation that would put hard drugs to shame, and they created a false-grey color on the tubes in B&W Macs.
>>
Is there even a reasonably priced monitor with at least 1440p and 120hz?
I'm still using my ancient 1680x1050 monitors.
>>
File: 1399331781047.gif (71 KB, 864x496) Image search: [Google]
1399331781047.gif
71 KB, 864x496
144hz + G Sync is the best upgrade you can make right now if you have a good system. Those who disagree are either poor or retarded. I had a 120hz 1080p monitor for a long time along with high end GPUs and the ROG Swift blew my mind.
>>
File: aurtirsem.png (13 KB, 126x188) Image search: [Google]
aurtirsem.png
13 KB, 126x188
>mfw
>>
>>51634294
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SORCERY
>>
>>51635113
Your eyes+brain are just really good at correcting for all sorts of shit.
You know that the B square is really supposed to be lighter than the A square because your brain corrects for the shadow.
>>
>>51635005
Korean ones
>>
>>51635059
this desu senpaitachi
>>
>>51635065
It still looks like that line is blending into a different shade of grey. I know it's not but damn that fucked my mind up good.
>>
>>51634294
You dumb shit why didn't you get the 140 dollar NEC?
>>
>>51634294
I don't even see how GSync is even an option. You pay a significant extra for the privilege of chaining yourself to NVIDIA for the (usually long) lifetime of the monitor. Why the fuck would you do that? Both AMD/ATI and NVIDIA have a spotty at best history in terms of GPU quality from one gen to the next, there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that NVIDIA or AMD won't have a major fuckup generation.

With FreeSync at least it's a DP standard and you're not really paying more for it, but chaining yourself to NVIDIA by giving them more money when the next GTX400 could be just around the corner is retarded, considering you could easily use a nice monitor for a good 4-5+ years.
>>
>>51634508
Underrated post.
>>
>>51638195
fw mine still says "On Hold"
>>
>>51634294
>nvidia or amd
nvidia or amd/intel

remember, intel supports VESA's standards
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.