[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Create a purely C++ browser that can run native C++ applications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: unrealengine4-820x420.jpg (86 KB, 820x420) Image search: [Google]
unrealengine4-820x420.jpg
86 KB, 820x420
So, Hey! I do game programming normally and i've noticed a fairly major problem with recompiling games for HTML 5 I.E Java. It's very slow and lacks a lot of the native game has like HLSL, It just doesn't do it.

HTML 5 and current browsers are the problem because they aren't running native C++ instead they are running little things that talk with web applications.

Now, I challenge you to create a browser that doesn't rely on crutches and instead runs purely on c++ that allows to run applications directly within the browser without the need to compile them as java and such.

If you do this and it works as advertise, I'll probably suggest buying to my boss.
>>
>>51634048
There is a browser like that, its called Windows.
>>
>>51634083
Ah, Clever but no.

Who in their right mind would believe a statement like that?
>>
>>51634048

holy shit op i'm on this shit right away, i know 8 indians who can program this in a week,
we're gonna be rich!
>>
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>51634113
C-can I be in too? I can design beautiful modern minimal website and we'll call it natvbrwsr.io (thats the trend atm right ?)

I can start right away
>>
File: Apple-Google-Org-Charts-Manu.gif (142 KB, 980x955) Image search: [Google]
Apple-Google-Org-Charts-Manu.gif
142 KB, 980x955
>>51634048
>game programming
>fairly major problem...HTML 5 I.E Java
>HTML5
>I.E.
>Java

It's like you want to get keked...
Just stop.
Seriously.
You need to fucking stop.

Find a multi-platform engine that isn't java and doesn't rely on web browsers.
Java is cancer.
Do not use Java.
Pic related should be pretty fucking self-explanatory.
>>
Why don't we just allow the browser to have system calls like an operating system, and then allow programs to be written in any language that compiles to bytecode?

Because that's a dumb idea. People are trying to make websites pointlessly complex, if they stopped doing this we wouldn't have a clusterfuck of browsers that are all shit.
>>
>>51634165
Just let the retard be, he probably made some Unity or HTML5 java garbage game with 10000 elements now he wonders why it lags
>>
>he is a game developer
>for browsers
>using unity
>calling himself "developer"

HA-HA
kill thyself.
>>
>>51634146
>Java is cancer.
>Do not use Java.
OP Here.

Nobody wants to use java just there isn't much choice, People want the ability to run it in a browser.
>>
>>51634048
There is webgl, and webgl has shaders. Browsers are supposed to give no access to native system calls for security reasons. What you are suggesting is to fuck everything that browsers have worked on so far.
>>
>>51634048
>I program games
>Html5 ie java

Are your games buzzword comics?
>>
Browsers are not operating systems.

>>
>>51634048
Chrome + NaCl
>>
>>51634048
WEB ASSEMBLY FAGGOT
E

S
S
E

B

Y

F

E
T
>>
>>51634165
It isn't just about the developers. It would be a terrible idea because of the security implications.
Remember when Internet Explorer was integrated with the Windows File Browser explorer.exe?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Explorer#Windows_98_and_Windows_Desktop_Update
That meant if internet explorer froze your entire system froze. If it crashed your file browser would crash and it didn't always restart the process correctly.
Most normies don't even know how to use task manager to restart the process too (can't blame them though).
>>
>>51634338
Not true. They work very similar to a mobile phone. If you've ever tried porting a windows program directly to a mobile phone you'll quickly find out that it doesn't work like that.

Browsers work similar they have a lot of functionality that works just for the browser and you've got to write according for this.

OP wants something that sounds like a virtual machine that could run his program without having to run it on his actual computer.

Which is smart really.
>>
>>51634446
Hi OP :^)
>>
>>51634446
>Which is smart really.
No...it isn't.
That's Java.
Take a moment to look up exactly what Java is.
Using Java isn't smart, for obvious reasons and ones we've already touched upon in this thread.
>>
File: 1445493280900.jpg (35 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1445493280900.jpg
35 KB, 200x200
>>51634048
>recompiling games for HTML 5
>>
File: OP HERE.jpg (67 KB, 1115x297) Image search: [Google]
OP HERE.jpg
67 KB, 1115x297
>>51634475
>>51634446
How can there be two OP's in this thread?
>>
>>51634558
>Responding to obvious bait
>>
>>51634048
Just use javascript with asm.js.
>>
>>51634048
>I challenge you to create a browser that doesn't rely on crutches and instead runs purely on c++ that allows to run applications directly within the browser without the need to compile them as java and such.

IE6 + ActiveX. It was a disaster.

It was *fantastic* for certain specialized purposes, but in general? Nope. Horrible idea.

Also, no idea what's up with your weird "HTML5 I.E Java" line. I guess you're confusing ECMA Script (Javascript) with Java? The naming is entirely coincidental, it's a rebranding mistake from the 1990s.
>>
File: 1295025554689.png (19 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1295025554689.png
19 KB, 300x309
>>51634146
>>51634048
>>51634191
>>51634291
>I do game programming
>Java
>run Java
>Java
>compile them as java and such
JavaScript has literally nothing to do with Java. OP sounds retarded as hell and probably has no idea what he's talking about kill everyone in this thread.
>>
>>51634587
>Javascript
Why don't you just point him to the nearest tall building or high cliff is so he can fling himself off of it and save himself from all that trouble?
>>
>>51634048
sounds like a security issue
also, each application would need to be compiled for every architecture and operating system; having the client compile the code would be a bad idea
this is why something interpreted, like javascript, or something that runs on a virtual machine like Java does is useful in these circumstances
>tldr OP is a fucking moron
>>
>>51634648
Then use something which compiles to javascript.
>>
>>51634634
>apple trees have nothing to do with apples

OP go pure C with vim, it's literally the only way to be leet.
>>
Man, you're fucking stupid.

However, this stuff is actually coming. The browser vendors are discussing web assembly, which is sort of like a bytecode for the web that basically all languages can compile to.
A reasonable decision, considering how virtually every larger (or led by reasonable people) project uses some language like Typescript, Coffeescript or Dart that was created for the sole purpose of having a more reasonable language for the web.
Can't wait to have Polymer, Angular or React rewritten in it eventually, so even weak clients can render sites instantly.
(Hahaha, who am I kidding, even if it came out tomorrow, thanks to IE and its cancerous, loyal userbase, we wouldn't be able to use it for 6+ years)

Even today, C++ can compile into Javascript. If the browser can use asm.js, it's already... well, at least it's noticeably faster than plain ol' JS and you can use reasonable, statically typed languages instead of programming in Eich's most cancerous invention.
>>
>>51634792
>C
Lol baby's first attempt in coding.
Real men use Assembler.
>>
>>51635462

Real men write opcodes directly.

If you've never created a program in debug under MS-DOS, then you've never really programmed.
>>
>>51635485
MS-DOS, Yes. Let's try and explore new ideas.. but now i need to wait the extreme amount of time for it to compile.
>>
>>51634048
You can write a shell, I guess. That isn't extremely hard to write a basic one.
>>
>>51635296
>Can't wait to have Polymer, Angular or React rewritten in it eventually, so even weak clients can render sites instantly.

I puked a little. Stop shoving bloated js frameworks off on people to render your shitty website clientside. Every time I get a white page on some faggot webdev's blog I just move along without even bothering to whitelist anything in noscript.
>>
>>51634101
Are you seriously this retarded? Goddammit this better be bait
>>
>>51634446
That's Java, and there's a reason no one makes Java applets anymore.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.