[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the actual fuck? Apple fag general >Will the iphone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11
File: apple.png (7 KB, 292x96) Image search: [Google]
apple.png
7 KB, 292x96
what the actual fuck? Apple fag general

>Will the iphone still dominate?

please no android shills
>>
File: thunder.jpg (64 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
thunder.jpg
64 KB, 620x372
this isnt a bad thing. apple is once again streamlining the change to better sound quality.

instead of the current 3.5mm jack which has been deprecated for years, the iphone 7 will use a lightning port which has is unanmously known for having superior quality than the 3.5mm jack

the only reason the 3.5mm jack still exists is because if ANYONE else besides apple did this, the phone would flop on principal alone. once apple does it, other companies will likely follow suit.
>>
>>51633051
i thought that this would create a thinner phone, after doing a little research im interested, ill probably just buy a three pack of apple (tm) adapters. excited for next September i guess
>>
>>51633051
the 3.5mm jack is not a bottleneck on sound quality, the shitty 128kb mp3s you listen to on your tiny little squeaker can earbuds are. The 3.5mm audio jack is an extremely widespread standard that works fine, and pretty much all audio hardware since the 80s has used.
>>
>>51632980
Apple has a cult following in the US and people will buy their shit, no matter what. That alone is enough to keep them afloat.

I don't like how they get rid of the 3.5mm jack, but then again I don't get the whole phones getting paper thin shit, either.

Imho thinness, resolution, and camera megapixels have basically become vanity metrics. Wouldn't be as big of a problem if people weren't retarded, but tards gonna tard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
>>
>>51633296
This. You'll start seeing some fucking filters and whatnot applied to whatever audio is going through the port soon and it'll just be the next generation placebo.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (36 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
36 KB, 413x395
Incoming beats by dr dre headphones with lightning connectors
>>
>>51633051
Bullshit. Jack is analog port, so it will never be depreceted, jack is not bottleneck, jack is one of greatest ports. ever.
>>
>>51633446
>not creating hardware equalizers adapters for between the headset and earplugs

EQX™ Reds, best for free jazz
EQX™ Greens, best for dubstep
EQX™ Blacks, best for death metal

etc.

Hell, I'm surprised nobody created this yet. Time to go for it.
>>
Don't listen to tech bloggers
>>
Anyone knows 3.5mm headphone jacks are depreciated and do not deliver audible noise. Apple is again defining the market with new ports for quality sound reproducution.
>>
File: no.png (7 KB, 297x263) Image search: [Google]
no.png
7 KB, 297x263
a couple of years ago I had a phone with no jack port. it came with micro usb earbuds and once they broke, my only option was to buy overpriced chink shit earbuds every 3 months

it was terrible

now I understand this is apple we're talking about but if an iphone owner wanted to use headphones he'll be pretty much fucked. perhaps due to the brand's popularity it won't be as much an issue that it was in my case but still I don't think it's a right direction

from a marketing standpoint however, it's a great decision. now the users won't be able to give their money to just any earbuds/headphones manufacturer and they will have to buy new ones
>>
>>51633051
A digital audio port is just a compressed version of the analog signal, so any digital port is deprecated compared to the 3.5mm audio jack.

Apple will be lowering the quality of sound in exchange for being able to make a device more thin.
>>
>>51633051
So you can only use apple earbuds? Or get some bulky ass looking adapter which will be thicker than the phone? Good job
>>
>>51633051
>>51633678
>>51633978
>ITT: People who don't understand how digital and analog work
>>
>>51633588
Oh God delete this now please this will end up on massdrop in a week if they see it
>>
This port will allow headphones to be powered, giving better sound.
>>
File: 1340503602440.png (51 KB, 324x246) Image search: [Google]
1340503602440.png
51 KB, 324x246
>mfw they charge over $30 for their shit build proprietary earbuds
>>
>Innovative
This is cancer.
More cancerous than .doc
More cancerous than MomLando and Genwuners together in Pokemon
More cancerous than Meta Knight in Brawl and the entire Melee fanbase combined
More cancerous than leukemia

This is an abomination. I truly hope Apple crashes
>>
>>51632980
Well Apple patented a new jack that accepts traditional jacks but clamps on to the new ones to prevent twisting in the port. Maybe they mean they're dropping the normal headphone jack but using this
>>
>>51636623
>MomLando
what the fuck is momlando?
>>
So if apple drop this then all android phones will follow and use the same connecter as iPhone. No, just apple creating apple stuff for Apple heads, the rest of world will carry on as normal.
>>
>>51632980

You know, initially, I was upset like you guys, but upon further consideration, I'm totally okay with this. Here's why:

A) As mentioned above, Lightning has more bandwidth than 3.5mm analog, and supports several advanced features.

B) I don't use good headphones with my fucking iPhone. I either use Bluetooth because I'm in the shower or the car, or I use the earbuds that came with the damn thing because they're comfortable and one-size-fits-all, and because they fit into my tablet bag. If you're a serious "audiophile", you're probably not listening to music on your iPhone anyway, and if you aren't, you might as well use the included headphones. Which will be Lightning.

C) This may or may not help the iPhone become waterproof, which is going to be the most important thing ever to happen to it.
>>
>>51633473
This is going to happen, no doubt. I'm calling it too.
>>
Surprised they didn't do this sooner. They're all about walled garden bullshit. I'm also surprised that they sell laptops with USB ports at all.

The biggest surprise of all is that they still exist and that people still buy their shit. I thought they would revert back to their Macintrash status after old Jobs died, similar to what happened the last time he left.
>>
>>51633678
>depreciated
>audible noise
>reproducution

kek
nice
>>
>>51638229
You can always try and prove me wrong. Headphones are literally year 1950 tech, it's about time we change the perspective for once, and glad I am for having Apple lead the way, as happens with most of current technology on world today.

Are you dense?
>>
>>51636752
The two main Pokemon used in the current VGC meta, Mega-Mom (Kangaskhan) and Landorus(T).
>>
>>51638261
>3.5mm headphone jacks are depreciated and do not deliver audible noise
>do not deliver audible noise
>audible noise
>do not deliver
>>
>>51638486
Greentexting is lack of argument.
So, I won?
>>
>>51638513
http://www.amazon.com/The-Merriam-Webster-Dictionary/dp/087779930X
>>
File: -1x-1.jpg (31 KB, 630x366) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1.jpg
31 KB, 630x366
these things are the future of headphones. Iphones fucking suck they are shit compared to android models now.

The apple watch is very very nice though.
>>
I seriously doubt they'll do this but if they do I'll move to android. Just got my HD 598s in today.
>>
>>51638543
Put a trip so I can filter you.
>>
>>51638556
>oh shit my expensive earbud fell out in a crowd
>>
File: 1435342477575.jpg (37 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1435342477575.jpg
37 KB, 285x298
>>51638580

did you think that was actually an intelligent criticism?
>>
>>51632980
the current audio jack is the oldest connection still actively used, please don't get rid of it :(
why does apple ruin everything :(
>>
Who the hell cares if your headphones can be powered by the lightning port? That's got to be the most retarded thing they could do. Noone is going to carry a DAC to use their headphones on a mobile device, that shit is for using in home. Second why suck any more power, regardless how negligible an amount, out of the shit battery life those phone have in the first place?
>>
>>51639895

I'm sure you know better than Apple, you basement-dwelling keyboard jockey.
>>
>>51637977
Not everyone is fine with garbage earbuds that come with phone. You don't even realize how much difference there is between stock earbuds and 20-30$ cheapo iems.
Eithere way I don't give a shit, have no plans of getting anything by Apple ever.
>>
>>51639953

Whoop de doo, the ten people who care can buy a $20 adapter and call it a day. Better than permanently having a port attached to the device that almost nobody uses.
>>
>>51639985
>Better than permanently having a port attached to the device that almost nobody uses.
i really hope your talking about the lightning adapter and not 3.5mm
>>
>>51639947

Honestly are you going to tuck your phone in your pocket, attached an amp to suck power off the battery to make your music on your oversized headphones in public?

I used an iPhone 4s for a while before I switch to my old droid maxx, had to charge the fucker with normal use (texting, occasional phone call, some light web browsing) every night. Those things have abyssmal batteries, this is just a ploy to get more Apple© branded shit into the market for retards who want a mismarketed social status device to feel superior to others
>>
>>51637977
>This may or may not help the iPhone become waterproof

My fucking moto E is waterproof and it has a micro SD slot, an exposed audio port and a micro usb port.
>>
>>51632980
Does this now mean that you will need to carry around a DAC like some sort of sperg everywhere you go?
>>
>>51640132
nope still analog, cords will probably need some proprietary chip on board to tell the phone its a headphone jack, phone will act as a DAC and assign the + and - signal output to either lane 0 or lane 1
>>
>>51636533
>>51637977
>>51638261
>More people who don't understand analog and digital
>>
>>51633051
>the iphone 7 will use a lightning port which has is unanmously known for having superior quality than the 3.5mm jack

except that Lighting is Apple exclusive so you'll have to buy headphones exclusively for your iPhone...

Looks like I'm sticking with my 6s forever.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 256x256
>>51638556
>>
>>51632980
>3.5mm headphone jack has poor audio quality or so people claim
>headphones still require a lightning to 3.5mm adapter to work
apple logic
>>
File: b.jpg (35 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
35 KB, 540x540
>>51640872
If you want to continue to use your archaic, century old connection hardware with Apple's future groundbreaking technology, then yeah.
>>
>>51640985
doesnt like 70% of the world use android devices?
>>
>>51640985
they said the same thing about the microsoft kinect
>>
>>51632980
They just want to sell Beats headphones with proprietary plugs.

And yes, iFags will fall for it.
>>
What the fuck am I reading, where did all these fucking apple shills come from?

This is singlehandely the most jewish and retarded idea I have ever seen in my life. Like can they make it anymore obvious that they are trying to make people buy their shitty ipads since they'll still have the headphone jacks?

Fucking jews.
>>
So anyone have actual proof if this actually happening for a device that's not expected to be even revealed for another 9 months? Or is every faggot suddenly putting full faith in a rumor reported on websites they normally dismiss because it said a nice thing about Apple in the past?
>>
>>51633051
b8
>>
Friendly reminder that Apple owns Beats, and will ram a new generation of Beats ads down your fucking throat until you approve of this nonsense
>>
>>51641080
>where did all these fucking apple shills come from?
friendly reminder that you are literally bringing them here by replying to these threads without saging and thus upvoting them to perpetual page 0 status
>>
This would be fine if it was an open standard that every company agreed to use, so we can at least use the same standard.

Fuck Apple, they of course will not do this.
>>
>>51638556
>Digital MEMS Mic

Where do i sign up to buy the dank mems mic?
>>
>>51640985
faggot why are you using cars that use gasoline instead of electricity
>>
>>51632980
Apple Now you fucked up.
>>
Watch apple trying to push for bluetooth headphones that I have been using for 6+ years.
>>
>>51638261
Prove yourself right first, laddy
>>
>>51641043
This goy knows
>>
File: 1448013606047.jpg (39 KB, 680x544) Image search: [Google]
1448013606047.jpg
39 KB, 680x544
>>51632980
>2015
>Uses Facebook
>>
>>51633051
>This is what apple shills seriously believe
>>
>>51640208
Semantics
That's only mono, I'm assuming it will support stereo.
>>
>>51640985
But it's going to be the exact same signal, the lightning is sending an analog signal, the same as 3.5.
Literally the only difference is the shape of the connector, and the lightning connector is overloaded.
>>
Not a huge issue I guess, let's see what will happen...
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.