[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about Apple killing off the 3.5mm headphone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9
How do you feel about Apple killing off the 3.5mm headphone jack in order to shave off 1mm of the thickness of the phone?

>http://www.cultofmac.com/399993/apple-would-be-stupid-to-drop-the-iphone-headphone-jack/
>>
>>51632958
Apple always removes legacy ports, it's for the best. Devices in the future will have no physical ports.
>>
>>51632958
And people say Apple doesn't browser /g/ or take shitposting seriously
>>
>>51632958

who needs function when it just has to look good
>>
File: 1416066338937.png (37 KB, 567x703) Image search: [Google]
1416066338937.png
37 KB, 567x703
so they're actually going to remove the port and sell a lightning-3.5mm adapter the absolute mad men
>>
>>51633046
Yes, goyim, this is innovation.
>>
>camera lens already too thick to be flush with rest of phone
>decides to remove standard audio jack and make it thinner anyways
>>
>>51632958
>apple would be stupid to
We all know that if they do announce the iPhone 7 without an audio jack they will praise it, right?
>>
>>51634149
The only reason I can see them getting away with this is due to the increase in bluetooth audio use. Most people nowadays use bluetooth to listen to their phones in the car, and a lot of people I know only use bluetooth headphones for their phones.

However, this move would hardly be bold. It'd be stupid. The option to have only one port on the new macbook was about 50% stupid. Removing headphone jacks from phones would be 90% stupid.

Apple, if you're reading this, wtf are you doing. Just release a fucking retina macbook air, no one cares about saving 0.2 lbs 3 mm at the expense of a 5 hour battery life, shitty keyboard, and 1 port
>>
>>51632958
Are they trying to make sure every one of their phone bends from now on?
>>
>>51633046
Took them years to even reach 720p
>>
I'll believe it when I see Tim Cook onstage telling me it's for my own good.
>>
I don't use Mac or wired headphones, so I don't mind. I'm on Bluetooth.
>>
Did you guys fucking read the article?

Audio will he sent through the lightning port. Lightning port headphones.

Jesus.
>>
I honestly think apple isn't taking anything seriously anymore

They're just seeing how far they can sell things on brand alone.
>>
>>51633046
I am not looking forward to having everything in the world be bluetooth.
>>
>>51639742
We did. That's the problem.
Existing headphones? Adapter.
Want to listen while charging? Adapter.
Don't want adapter? Shitty bluetooth.
>>
>>51639691
>Bluetooth
>battery dies when you need it the most
>headphones weight a kilo
>everything sounds like 128kbps mp3
>>
>>51639960
IPhones come with headphones.

Who fucking listens to music while its charging?
>>
> Bluetooth
> let eavesdroppers listen to everything I listen to
> if headphones break waste hundreds of dollars on new ones instead of a few cents on solder
> everything needs batteries
> batteries last minutes
> no alternative because if it has no wires it must be good r-right?
>>
>>51640120
> I don't do it so there's no reason anyone should be allowed to

Lots of people listen to music while their phone charges. It would be retarded to remove this functionality; especially considering products like Ihome and such charge and play.
>>
>>51639759
That's going to be a hilarious security nightmare
>>
>>51640120
People who are listening to music, driving, and using GPS. I don't have a Bluetooth enabled car I still have to use an aux.
>>
>Apple giving away free bluetooth headphones
What a riot
>>
>>51640120
People who use their phones all day and need to charge them on the way home via battery bank or whatever.

>throw out your headphones and use apples
Good goy.
>>
daily reminder that apple makes phones for women and they want to slim down their phones as much as possible to cater to their core demographic

>ew you can see the outline of my phone in my jeans, gross
>>
>make phone too thin
>bends easily
>use stronger aluminium
>strength largely restored
>make phone thinner
>???
>>
>>51640233
I don't war m phone (Nexus 4) in my pocket. It doesn't fit in to begin with, it's too large. I put it in my purse. I'm a woman.
>>
>>51640307
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>51639742
Great, now people have to buy special headphones that work with the iPhone or buy an adapter. Still retarded. If they believe the 3.5mm plug is useless or outdated, replace it with a new port and don't charge license fees on it.
>>
>>51639979
Nope, I use Motorola s305. Awesome battery, lightweight as fuck, fit in my picket and music sounds great.
>>
>>51632958
Clearly it isn't thin enough
>>
>>51640145
You forgot
>buying the fucking phone to begin with

Vote with your wallet. Fuck Apple. Buy Google, LG, Sony or Motorola.
>>
>>51640204

This is a fair enough point.

>>51640179

I honestly don't believe that happens, sorry man. I can't think of a situation where I'm sitting next to a wall outlet listening to music, when I could just plug it into a laptop and listen to music that way

>>51640219

Their headphones are pretty nice and are aesthetically pleasing in my opinion
>>
>Bluetooth operates on the same frequency as a microwave oven

>I actually get headaches when I use bluetooth devices next to my head

I hope Apple goes thru with this. All their customers will have their brains heated by electromagnetic radiation, especially if it's used a lot.
>>
This is the jewiest move I've ever seen.

inb4 all Beats headphones only work with lightning ports.
>>
>>51640507
Amen, brother. Apple is for retards who want their hands held through every step of using electronics and have no issue paying exorbitant fees to have it done.
>>
>>51634328
This
>>
>>51640979
> beats headphones

Nice meme. I use a set of sennheisers with one of the wires re-soldered because it snapped and I have no issues with sound quality.

Not to sound like /r9k/, but beats are normalshit conformist shit-tier headphones.
>>
>>51634328
>Most people nowadays use bluetooth to listen to their phones in the car

Maybe in the 3rd world.

Civilized people have a car kit.
>>
>>51641070
Point is: Apple owns Beats.

So it only makes sense they want to lock out all other headphone brands.
>>
>>51640233
What if I don't want my phone to bend to the contours of my feminine thighs?
>>
File: 1448556996075.jpg (2 MB, 2428x3050) Image search: [Google]
1448556996075.jpg
2 MB, 2428x3050
>people will defend apple over this
>people will say the 3.5mm jack was outdated anyways
>people will argue that iPhones are not thin enough
>>
>>51641098
Oh that makes sense.

I almost want apple to go through with all of this and watch the morons who use their products go bankrupt.

But of course, the rich dicks who buy their shit will keep funneling billions in no matter what, so that wouldn't actually affect them.
>>
>>51640217
They'll probably give some shitty lightning ones
>>
>>51633159
the iShit doesn't even look good anymore though, it's just a samshit-tier chinkphone with a nicer looking logo
>>
>>51641123
>I almost want apple to go through with all of this and watch the morons who use their products go bankrupt.

Same here.

btw: i once read an audio test of some fake Beats in-ears.
The sound quality of the cheap fakes were better than that of the originals. - shows how garbage Beats are.
>>
>>51641114

Just like Linuxfags when calling people manchildren for wanting to runan os compatible with popular vidya
>>
>>51641144

Without the lag
>>
>>51641397
> literally solder paperclips into my headphones
> no difference in sound quality

Beats are horseshit, but I'll tolerate them because they take money from idiots.

>>51641570
Only reason Linux is incompatible with vidya is because all vidya is closed source nonfree corporate bullshit. It's not even incompatible, actually, most windoze programs can be run with WINE.

Windows is closed-source horseshit shilled by an evil corporation whose only concern is money and who will never let you actually learn to use a computer.

Windows is for people who would rather pay for someone to do everything for them than put in an hour or two of work for the sake of free software.
>>
Friendly reminder that Apple owns Beats, and will ram a new generation of Beats ads down your fucking throat until you approve of this nonsense
>>
File: my eyes.jpg (7 KB, 200x167) Image search: [Google]
my eyes.jpg
7 KB, 200x167
>2015
>caring about what apple does at all
>even replying to a thread discussing apple products
>mfw I surrounded by art students who use apple macbooks because "they don't get viruses" and the just werk
>mfw I realize that its already too late and god just needs to send the asteroid already
>>
>2015
>people still don't realize you can listen to audio through the lightening connector
>>
>>51639979
it sounds like 128kbps mp3 because thats what it compresses to...
>>
>>51640868
>chemtrails
>>
File: 14345-9825-150922-Jack-l[1].jpg (22 KB, 660x356) Image search: [Google]
14345-9825-150922-Jack-l[1].jpg
22 KB, 660x356
>>51632958
So what happened to their own patent?
>>
>>51641950

the sad truth
>>
>>51641815
>Windows is for people who would rather pay for someone to do everything for them than put in an hour or two of work for the sake of free software.
because free software on the desktop is shit
>>
>>51641950
this
if you reply to an apple shit thread without saging you are part of the cancer that has killed /g/ and likely no less of a dipshit than a frothy mactard
>>
>>51632958
Gee who would've thought Applel wouldn't continue trading functionality for aesthetic and monopolization

But whatever, iKeks will still buy it and defend every single one of Tim Cock's business decisions.
>>
>>51640388
>Not charge license fees
hahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha....hahahaha....haha....ha.
But seriously, although that would be best for literally everybody, that's not a very apple thing to do.
>>
>>51640593
Do you not realize that some people don't have laptops?
If your connected to a speaker system, being dj for the 5-6 hours at a party will kill my phone if its below like 80%.
>>
So this is why these fuckers bought Beats. Apple is a blight upon this world.
>>
Makes me quite sad to see how wireless and thin everything has become. I only use wired internet whenever i can, because it's reliable and useful. And i use wired fucking headphones so my already shitty battery isn't in worse condition! Seriously Apple i hate you and this is why i do not buy Apple.
>>
>daily reminder that stereotype memes are always right
>>
>>51642156
> free software on the desktop is shit

Because people would rather pay for mediocre products than learn to help make stuff that actually works and won't do things you don't want.
>>
>>51642344
if you can afford an iPhone you should be able to afford a laptop too, I mean ffs. not to mention using a smartphone while its charging can fuck up the battery, I think. wouldn't be an issue if it had removable battery, but hey, its an iPhone...
>>
Daily Reminder: the new iPhone will have usb-c port due to changes in thunderbolt 3.0 interface. The MacBooks will also have that port which is usb-c and the new macbook already has it. Apple will finally use unified port therefore you won't be crying for finding a lightning cable, just any usb 3.1 cable will do fine.
>>
more like Tim Cock, am i rite?
>>
DAC is going to have to be headphone integrated, and that's going to lower audio quality

Apple has always been good about audio quality shit in the past since they sell music, so it seems weird to me
>>
File: 1443413728299.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1443413728299.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>51641585
>>
>>51641815
Linux is only good if your time has no value.
>>
Its bad because Samsung and Google will try to copy this then sell us their blue tooth headphones.
>>
>>51632958
I dont mind it. Its a legacy port, Id rather use bt headphones all the time or lightning compatible headphones.
>>
File: 0a3.jpg (39 KB, 680x544) Image search: [Google]
0a3.jpg
39 KB, 680x544
>>51633159
>>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>51642946
the twitter animation is sweeet
>>
>>51642946
if your phone choice is based on milliseconds than you're a fucking retard

iOS is a much more compact operating system, but android is more user friendly from a dev standpoint
>>
>>51637123
Much Retina
>>
>>51643056
>>51643056
3.5 seconds adds up real quick
>>
>ZTE-F286
>infinite battery life. LITERALLY almost never needs charging
>no Facebook spyware
>can make calls and text easily
>POS camera means you can go back to using Polaroids unironically
>3.5mm audio jack - no propitiatory rapeware
>standard size SIM cards - no fucking around with adapters
>cute animations
>neither Lagdroid or Latte-OS based hence **ZERO** lag, smooth and responsive

Why haven't you joined the dumbphone revolution?
>>
>Before apple does it
>apple-would-be-stupid-to

>after apple does it
>apple-genius-move-to-make-phones-thinner
>>
>>51644095
Stop exaggerating you fucking moron
>>
>>51644095
>phone is made for literal niggers

no thanks OP
>>
File: 1433931588834.jpg (153 KB, 1274x1024) Image search: [Google]
1433931588834.jpg
153 KB, 1274x1024
I will laugh my ass off when normies buy a brand new pair of $300 Apple Exclusive Beats by Dr. Dre along with their $900 iPhone 7.
>>
>>51644095
Fuck off poorfag
>>
>>51644334
how long before beats are on some 2 year contract as well, bundled together with your phone.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.