[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VTech hacker says he downloaded 190GB of child and parent photos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1448912640722512.jpg (603 KB, 1956x972) Image search: [Google]
1448912640722512.jpg
603 KB, 1956x972
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/hacker-obtained-childrens-headshots-and-chatlogs-from-toymaker-vtech

All these kids are getting fapped to right now by obese pedos.

Kek.
>>
>>51632924
You just led this information to the obese s pedos that are going to fap to them
>>
it's just pics of the kids faces though..they could get fucking stock photos and do that if they wanted to.
>>
Just kicked in. yo!
>>
Normies. Will they ever learn?
>>
>>51632966
It highlights the fact that we are sleep walking into an Orwellian future where our entire lives are open books to be read by corporations and governments.
>>
So the hacker is upset because he found a bunch of kids' personal files on a server meant to store kids' personal files that they voluntarily uploaded to the Internet, then acts like he's not the pedophile here?
>>
File: 1446220215868.png (821 KB, 1330x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446220215868.png
821 KB, 1330x1080
>headshots of kids
>toddler chatlogs

I don't think there's less sensitive data in the world.
>>
Where is it stolen from? Cloud storage?
>>
>>51633181
Pretty sure there's some garage keypad codes in there somewhere.
>>
>>51633161
lol the hacker is a blatant pedophile that got scared of getting caught so now he's trying to act like he hacked just to prove a point and NOT because he's a pedophile

this is as cliche as it comes
>>
>>51633181
post your pics when you were a child
>>
>>51633181
There's also their home addresses, parents bio etc, in case you find one you fancy.
>>
>>51632924
This is why we need liability for software.
I' so fuckkng tired of multi billion companies fucking up in some retarded way and then going "oops, hackers got all your stuff. sorry about that, but we don't have to take responsability because you agreed to our disclaimer".
If I was a parent whose data got leaked, I'd want the head of the head of the IT department.
>>
>>51632924
What the fuck was he doing probing VTech servers in the first place? Seems a little sketchy to me.

>”Frankly, it makes me sick that I was able to get all this stuff,”
Oh shut the fuck up you fucking pedophile.
>>
I hope the hacker publishes it all.

The sooner people stop being so oblivious to the fact that everything spies on us for no reason, the better.
>>
>>51633384
>If I was a parent whose data got leaked, I'd want the head of the head of the IT department.
No software company is perfect. Even a giant like Facebook gets fucked over by hackers and researchers.

How about not being a fucking idiot and placing all your trust into technology in the first place?
>>
>>51633418
Why are they even storing that data? They shouldnt.
>>
>>51633394
I wonder. It'll be more like the latest celebrity nudes leak : forgotten three months later.
>>
>>51633418
>No software company is perfect. Even a giant like Facebook gets fucked over by hackers and researchers.
I've worked for software companies like that, most people just don't give a shit.

>How about not being a fucking idiot and placing all your trust into technology in the first place?
I know how to take care of data security, but your average parent doesn't.
imo companies who sell those services have a responsability to do what they are getting paid for and KEEP THEIR FUCKING SYSTEMS SECURE.
90% of the time, companies get hacked, because of avoidable mistakes.
>>
File: screen.1448995623.png (305 KB, 790x426) Image search: [Google]
screen.1448995623.png
305 KB, 790x426
>>51633466
I don't know specifically what toy they're talking about, but I imagine it's so the parents dont have to worry about buying sd cards or storage devices. everything gets saved to vtech servers(the cloud) for easy access.
>>
File: 1327264155123.jpg (17 KB, 260x397) Image search: [Google]
1327264155123.jpg
17 KB, 260x397
>>51632924
>”Frankly, it makes me sick that I was able to get all this stuff.”
>>
>>51633466
>Why are they even storing that data? They shouldnt.

The whole point seems to be some sort of toy tablet/app that lets parents and child keep in touch. It's the same cloud shit as your Facebooks and whatnot.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.