[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/. How are you storing your anime kawaii stuff? Are you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: SS_20150918_09.png (455 KB, 808x686) Image search: [Google]
SS_20150918_09.png
455 KB, 808x686
Hey /g/.

How are you storing your anime kawaii stuff?
Are you afraid of being caught with disk full of it?

ITT: General Anime tech
>>
Not really technology, but

>How are you storing your anime kawaii stuff?
On 4TB mechanical drives

>Are you afraid of being caught with disk full of it?
No, why would I? I'll happily share if people are interested
>>
In a folder on my desktop named "Anime"
>>
>>51630580
I was, once, caught with a tons of loli hentai on my computer by a teacher, and I'm still here.
>>
Any good ways to hide, encrypt and manage collection?
>>
>>51630738
Which OS ?
(Don't see why you would want to hide or encrypt it btw).
>>
>>51630754

Windows 10. My hentai collection is not safe.
>>
>>51630738
tar it all, then gpg it. Whenever you want to look at anything, decrypt then untar. Simple enough and requires only software that respects your freedoms.
>>
>>51630767
GnuPG.
>>
Nice.

What about managing and viewing images, webmaster etc?
>>
>>51630738
full disk encryption
>>
>>51631302
Make them yourself to your own liking
This is still /g/
>>
>>51630580
>How are you storing your anime kawaii stuff?
currently have 1TB of anime spread across 3 drives, should be getting a new 4TB drive tomorrow though.

I will then migrate my anime to the new drive, decommission one or two of the older drives and start downloading some more stuff as I have been on a 2 week hiatus since my HDDs have been full up.
>>
Where do you all get your anime?

I mainly use AB or Baka.

Nyaa for currently airing shows.
>>
File: 2015-12-01.jpg (265 KB, 770x1057) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01.jpg
265 KB, 770x1057
server in cupboard at the end of the hall
>>
>>51631513
I use nyaa or piratebay, whats AB?
>>
>>51630580
So you are looking for abstract and overly comlicated methods to do do something? You came to the best place OP.

there are several filesystems that have so little user bases that they almost count as a secret filesystems (like HAMMER in dragonflybsd, etc.)

Though there is a quite simple way:
>lets assume you use windows (as you dont know shit about encryption, this assumption is probably correct)
>make 2 separate partitions both large enough to hold your mongolian depictions on their own
>you dont really need to give them a file system yet, they are fine as RAW
>make a bootable live(!) linux or bsd usb stick
>when its done reboot your sytem to the live image
>use any kind of partitioning software to format those 2 partitions to your desired filesystem (gparted has a gui so its easy to use to any winbabby)
>fomatting done now encrypt the 2 partitions using dm-crypt (as it is one of the select few trustworthy encryption software, and opensource)
>encryption method should be LUKS (basically the same reasons as why to use dm-crypt)
>a good passphrase/password is a very very very very fucking long password
>if you dont have a ling one then just figure out something containing capitals, numbers, symbols, etc and then write it down repeatedly to create a long ass password
>>
cont from >>51631623
Oh I almost forgot to mention you need 2 partition as 1 of them will be obviously a backup
>>
>>51631623
>very very very very fucking long password
doesn't really need to be that long, 20-30 characters is more than enough to assure it wont be brute forced in the next 10-25 years.
>>
>>51631570
>whats AB?

private tracker specifically oriented to weebs
>>
>>51631658
Better stay safe then sorry. Indeed it would be enough, though I use a poem written by friend with additional numbers and symbols.
>>
>>51630738
>create folder
>dump all into folder
>rename to internet explorer
>change icon to IE icon
Now no one will ever find it
>>
>>51631719
Hello facebook
>>
>>51631570
>>51631513
If you're like most people and just use horriblesubs for currently airing shows, their own site, horriblesubs.info,is good.
>>
>>51631821
That's generally what I do then cross-seed with AB for the ratio.
>>
Where is the best place to find lewd VNs? And any good recommendations for someone just getting into VNs?
>>
>>51631910
Nyaa's naughty site, subeike or whatever its called, is a good start. Of course pirate bay is still an option too. Hongfire is a good place to go too. Past that, go on VNDB and look at their individual links for various VNs.
>>
>>51631719
>he doesn't know how to create invisible folders
>>
File: slavrunes.png (62 KB, 716x524) Image search: [Google]
slavrunes.png
62 KB, 716x524
>>51631680
Gibe invite to AB.
t. very expirienced seeder
mail [email protected]
>>
>>51633756
against the rules, get invited through what.cd BTN, HDB, etc.
>>
>>51633784
Too much body-movements
>>
>>51633995
>Too much body-movements
I assume this means too much effort

In which case I'd agree.

AB has open sign ups, check back every few hours, it opens and closes as people get prunned, so it is always possibly accepting applications.
>>
>>51634118
Thanks.
>>
>>51631524
>recognizing a power on 4chan by the names of their machines
abstract kinda feel

I just have some drives in my desktop and a server that grabs backups with rsync now and then. nothing fancy
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 KB, 160x94) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 KB, 160x94
like this
>>
A 4x4TB raid 5 nas.
>>
>>51631524
Can you give us the source of that pic you're using as your background? It actually looks really beautiful
>>
>>51630580
Depends. SFW kawaii stuff goes in my Pictures directory on my computer and hard drive. I don't care if anyone sees it, I'll probably share some pics if they show any interest.

Any loli hentai I have is tarred, and encrypted and hidden in a series of directories that I make sure look like they would fuck up my system if anyone touched them. I don't want my gf finding out about that
>>
>>51635753
Always have a soft spot for Yuyuko - shes a tragic figure that isn't depressing, and seems to have a lot more fun dead than when she was alive.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.