[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://adbl0ck.com/ Has anyone used this on an Android?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
http://adbl0ck.com/

Has anyone used this on an Android?
>>
>>51628179
>it's a free adblocking VPN

nope
>>
>>51628195
Yea I didn't like the idea of a non-local VPN. I know local proxies can only block HTTP traffic. Are there any localhost VPNs?
>>
>>51628209
I think Adblock Plus routes everything through a localhost proxy, not sure if it works reliably though, got removed from the appstore too afair
>>
https://adguard.com/en/adguard-android/overview.html

This probably seems way more trustworthy. It's local and has a proxy mode too (if you have root).
>>
>>51628224
The thing is if they don't have a VPN mode they can only work in WIFI mode if you don't have root. If you want to filter your cellular connection you need root OR VPN.
>>
>>51628179
have you tried adcock.org?
>>
>>51628226
Hm it's paid though.
>>
>>51628179
Is it open source?
>>
>>51628284
>— Protection of your personal data. Adguard won’t let anyone track you in the web.
>it is closed source
>It can track you itself without you knowing about it.

TRASH
>>
>>51628226
Use AdAway if your rooted.
>>
>>51628179
> Copyright © 2014 – 2015 Baby Blue Wireless

LEL
>>
I just installed the adblock for dolphin browser. It's beautiful desu senpai.
>>
AdAway, guys.

I can't trust a free VPN, they might as well be advertisers trying to mine more data out of me under the pretext that they let me block ads.
>>
>>51628179
>get it on google play
>downloads APK

get the fuck out of here curry nigger
>>
Another adaway user here. Pretty much why I rooted.
>>
File: what-the-fuck-gif.gif (855 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
what-the-fuck-gif.gif
855 KB, 500x206
>Children’s Privacy
If you are under 13, you may not use any of the Services. The Services are not intended for use by, or directed to, persons under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such persons.
>>
>>51630879
its technically illegal for anyone under the age of 13 to be using the internet in burgerland

thanks to a children protection act
>>
>>51628179

Considering that AdAway exists, quit trying to be "unique" with your hipster software.
>>
Adaway
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.