[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kali discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Hey /g/,

Let's have a general /kali/ pentesting thread.

My question: is there a way to run your eth0 in monitor mode inside a VM? I know general knowledge says you need a USB wifi dongle, but is there any way to do it without that? Maybe some kind of iptables routing, or even a way to access the vm host's wireless hardware directly?
>>
>>51627269
Put your vm adapter in bridge mode? Simpleton
>>
You're distro a shit.
>>
File: eggplant emoji.png (22 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
eggplant emoji.png
22 KB, 160x160
>>51627300
>implying fedora security is better
i also use remnux for RE
>>
>>51627296
i tried that, but i'm unable to get the VM to recognise teh hardware as a wireless nic.

pic related
>>
>>51627321
It's always going to show as etho not wireless...... Why don't you just make a Bootable usb. It's not as shitty as the vm
>>
File: jfk_cuban_missile_crisis_ap_0.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1978) Image search: [Google]
jfk_cuban_missile_crisis_ap_0.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1978
>>51627330
>bootable usb
yeah, i know man. but i do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard
>>
>>51627374
It's not hard. It's just needlessly inconvenient work for no purpose.
>>
>>51627374
Werd man well then as long as the hypervisors wireless nic is in promiscuous mode then the vm "eth0" will be too
>>
>>51627400
that's right. but a specific tool i'm using looks for a wireless device because it's designed to do things like wireless jamming etc. i, however only need one function (to intercept traffic and serve BEEF traffic). do you know of anything like that that isn't burp that works over the network on eth0?
>>
To boot from usb on a mac, use this
https://sevenbits.github.io/Mac-Linux-USB-Loader/index.html#downloads
>>
>My question: is there a way to run your eth0 in monitor mode inside a VM? I know general knowledge says you need a USB wifi dongle, but is there any way to do it without that? Maybe some kind of iptables routing, or even a way to access the vm host's wireless hardware directly?

No, it's not possible given the current state of technology - that's why USB network adapters exist for such purposes and work better overall.
>>
>>51628708
what a shame. well, i just happen to be so lucky that my wifi hardware is unsupported in the kali default install, (and double lucky because the firmware i need conflicts with firmware rolled out in the default iso) so what i'm currently doing is using lb to build a custom iso for my hardware config, which should take about another half hour before i can test it
>>
Has anyone successfully installed the drivers and used their dedicated GPU in Kali for hardware acceleration in cracking tasks?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.