[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TIS-100
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: tis100-title-card.png (11 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
tis100-title-card.png
11 KB, 1366x768
I went for the meme and gave offering to Gaben just now.

WTF have I signed myself up for, /g/?
>>
Just did the same, OP, because it's fucking $4. It looked like shit when I first saw it, time to find out for real.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>51626825
>I went for the meme
aaylmaoXDmemegamesreddit
>>
>>51626970
don't you dare suggest reddit.
>>
you fell for the meme, family. You didn't went anywhere
>>
>Assembly for dummies
I find it embarrassing that I don't know what that the manual meant for nodes and I have zero idea about what is meant for dedicating processing to some specialized nodes. Then what the hell's basic execution node?

Does non-addressable mean that you cannot read and write directly? and what is internal about?
>>
>>51627049
The computers are laid out as a grid. Each computer is a "node", the "right" node would be the node to the right of that computer, etc.
So instructions take <src> and <dst> operands right?
If you pass LEFT, RIGHT, etc as an operand for the instruction, it either reads data from the node indicated by the direction (in the case of <src>) or writes data to.
Blocking means that when you're reading from a node, the instruction that's trying to read has to wait until it receives anything to be able to continue on. Same goes for writing. It's like in C, when you use "getchar()" it waits until the user enters anything to be able to continue with execution. It's like unix pipes, if you've ever used "mkfifo" (pretty neat shit, check it out).

Currently on the first level btw
>>
How is the game? Also coding memegames general, i play CodeCombat and its good for lern pyten
>>
>>51627096
So nodes are just registers then?
>>
>>51627186
Each box (machine, processor, whatever you want to call it) is a node. Technically each box has two "registers": ACC and BAK.
>>
>>51627439
Sounds a tad bit like the Cell Broadband processor then.
>>
>>51627451
Possibly. It has a bunch of places that commands are being executed at once, which is unlike stuff like x86
>>
>>51627439
So it's actually a multicore programming simulator?
>>
>>51627513
Is this why someone said that you're ready to work with GPU after having played this game?
>>
>>51627587
Maybe so, but who is going to code a GPU directly when you've got at least a C compiler and at most a low level graphics library like DirectX 12/Vulkan/Metal
>>
>>51627587
Who said that?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.