[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/, how to you feel about free antiviruses (AVG, Windows Defender,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: godtier.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
godtier.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
/g/, how to you feel about free antiviruses (AVG, Windows Defender, Avast, etc.). Would you install any in your machine? Would you recommend any?
>>
>>51622906
>Would you install any in your machine?
No.

>Would you recommend any?
No.
>>
AV software is literally worthless in the year 2015.

If you have uBlock Origin, an up-to-date web browser and more than half a brain cell, you won't get viruses.

If you unironically use AV software you literally have down syndrome.
>>
I've used kaspersky since forever because my dad's company has some kind of deal with the russian mafia
It's ok
>>
>>51622941
What about 3rd party firewall?
Your computer remains unprotected against wireless/ssh attacks
>>
>>51622922
Honestly, if you run Windows 8.1/10 you just need to be smart and avoid .exe. If you really need to run something off of the internet, open it on a virtual machine and virus scan there.
>>
>>51622906
Exploit Kits are a thing and most people are too stupid to update their browser. So, AV's can help if you're stupid, or lazy.
>>
>>51622977
firewalls can be useful but still 99% of people don't need them.
>>
>>51622906
Just pirate webroot/nod32. By far best AV.
If you just want a virus scanner go with HitmanPro. Nothing beats, hands down.
>>
Antivirus is pretty useless because most virus coders know how to disable them. I got a worm from a Java exploit recently that switched off the latest AVG.
>>
Install Common Sense 2015 with 2016 expansion pack.
>>
>>51622906
Nope.

Install gentoo.
>>
File: 1302226046974.png (23 KB, 618x562) Image search: [Google]
1302226046974.png
23 KB, 618x562
>>51623064
>shilling shitmanpro
get out. the only thing it ever finds is tracking cookies.
>>
>>51622906
Stick with windows defender.
it works + no ads + the only one that doesn't slow down your PC making it choke in its own existence.

Unless you have a server or is a requirement because is a high risk losing that equipment, you don't really need to install more.
>>
no antivirus

no firewall

no viruses

no hacked
>>
>>51622977
I literally have servers hosted on port 80/443/3000/8080/8989 and have never had anyone unknown try access them for this whole year.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.