[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: CPlusPlus.jpg (36 KB, 433x455) Image search: [Google]
CPlusPlus.jpg
36 KB, 433x455
Is it hard?
>>
Only if you're 15 and want to "learn to program" and don't have any idea what that actually means.
>>
There is a lot to learn, but it's not particularly hard.
>>
yes it's very hard.
if you plan on making a video game or whatever, give up now there's a lot more to it than you think
>>
is this standard in univercity?
>>
>>51622901
My University offers C++, but it isn't part of the core CS curriculum. People take it as an elective
>>
it's annoying but kinda necessary
>>
>>51622815
Once you start throwing pointers and memory management into the mix, it gets appreciably more difficult. It's still not by any means unmanageable.
>>
Very hard if you're not in a related field. I'm in an introductory course and it's annoying. It's not that I don't understand the code(well I kinda missed some classes so some new terms idk), it's just when I get asked to solve a problem. I don't know where to start and it's frustrating. Gonna do a lot if studying now and hope I at learn pass with a C
>>
>>51622901
It varies. Look up the ABET requirements for accredited universities. They list the requirements a university has to fulfill to provide a "Computer Science Bsc."
One of those requirements is some amount of credit units of just programming languages, which is up to the university. Most choose Java or Python as an introductory course. Many include C++ in the curriculum.
As it may be obvious, it's largely a politics thing
>>
>>51622981
C++ has a lot of features, therefore people consider it difficult.
>>
>>51623082
>features
http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/c++/I_did_it_for_you_all
>>
Obfuscation is a big problem with C++. I find it a lot easier to understand source code written in the other major languages like C, Java and C# than with C++ because of templates and overloaded operators.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.