[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.visualstudio.com/news/v s2015-update1-vs THANK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
https://www.visualstudio.com/news/vs2015-update1-vs

THANK YOU BASED MICROSOFT
>>
I like how people talk about how great "free" software is yet everything Microsoft releases is miles ahead of any competition.
>>
>>51621645
But visual studio express is free, anon
>>
>>51621667
They mean free as in freedom, not free as in beer. Also, Express is dead isn't it? Community's the free version now.
>>
File: tony.png (151 KB, 241x271) Image search: [Google]
tony.png
151 KB, 241x271
>>51620863
>10gb for an IDE
>not just using makefiles and vim
>>
I'm hearing that uninstalling VS is a very tedious task, is this true?
>>
I don't see anything of note to really make me want to use this. Why isn't MSVC fully C99, C11, C++11, and C++14 compliant yet? Why can't it target multiple operating systems and architectures? Why should I download gigabytes and gigabytes of useless crap just to get a compiler that doesn't fucking work half as well as gcc and clang?
>>
>>51620863
Last time I used visual studio, I had the 2010 release and it was horrible to develop anything on that thing. (Mostly because it lacked auto-complete, also incredibly slow and heavy)

How does this version compare to the 2010 release? I'm asking about c++ programming, but I'm not sure if this version even supports this language.
>>
>>51621763
Its anything but tedious.

I would rather describe it as an "endless sea of torturous suffering", or maybe "fucking around my HD in eighty days", but you get the idea.
>>
>>51621913
It has c++ auto-complete since 2012 i think
>>
>>51621869
>just to get a compiler that
You do not "just get a compiler" you fucking moron.

>doesn't work half as well as gcc
fizzbuzz expert
>>
>>51622091
and don't forget if you choose to not download all those packs you don't need

it still fucking installs them all
>>
>>51624442

>You do not "just get a compiler" you fucking moron.
What I am implying, Anon, is that the compiler is the only thing of value in VS, and that the compiler is shit.
>>
File: 1438757555234.jpg (80 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1438757555234.jpg
80 KB, 479x720
>>51624558
how does it feel to be a jobless neet fizbuzz expert?
>>
tfw want to learn howto program just so i can use free shit
>>
>>51620863
Does VS still take up ungodly amount of disk space? Last time I tried it, it took up 7gb, 5 of which easily uninstalled, the rest were seperate and a pain in the ass to get rid of.
>>
>>51625752

>Jobless
Nope.

>NEET
I'm in grad school.
>>
>>51625964
>grad school
come back when you actually produced something of value
>>
Im Taking a Web Development Introductory course, and we r using the VS community and it's actually pretty good, Ive learn a lot!
>>
>>51620863
>C# repl
Is this real life
>>
>>51621645
>miles ahead of any competition
JetBrains Suite > Visual Studio in terms of usefulness. Much more language, platform and compiler support, better remote development. all of their IDEs combined still use less disk space than VS.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.