[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>close button doesn't close >maximize button doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: traffic memes.png (41 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
traffic memes.png
41 KB, 800x600
>close button doesn't close
>maximize button doesn't maximize
>minimize button minimizes, but only sort of: for some reason it places the preview near the trashcan in the dock and the preview is static (unlike on windows). Also if you choose to minimize windows into app icon, you will no longer have previews of any kind and it causes a bug (present in 10.11.1) with activity monitor (when it won't open after you "close" it with close button)

Who designed this and why is this allowed?
>>
>Close button closes window rather than the entire program.
>Maximise button puts the application until full screen mode rather than useless extending the sides to fill the screen.
>Minimize button sends the instance of the running window into a background state while leaving a readily accessible button to restore the window on the ever-present docking system.

Which genius designed this and can I suck their dick?
>>
>>51619335
>all the buttons are on the wrong side of the screen
>>
>>51619420
>and in wrong order
>>
>>51619335
>not realising maximise button got replaced by zoom button
>>
Well, at least the look nice.
>>
>>51619335
The only valid complaint is that you can't change order and position without third party tools.
>>
desu Mac OS fucked their DE ages ago

if I was using it I would run X11 and use openbox or something

docks are retarded, menus always showing on the panel are retarded, I would say something about the buttons but on openbox I have windows undecorated so I honestly don't care what they look like
>>
The menu bar at the top of the screen annoys me more than anything else. Now you have to actually look at where your cursor is to close a window.
>>
>Cant copy and paste files without some convoluted key commands
>3 button commands for simplest shit
>programs crashing prevent normal reboots, having to force shut down
>enter doesn't enter folders/files
>delete doesn't delete folders/files
list goes on

Its a toy OS when you use the built in software. Its only saving grace is the software exclusive to it, such as Final Cut pro, which is slowly falling from favor.
>>
>>51619335
>Close your fridge
>It still runs

>Winfags want their fridge to disappear when they close it
>>
>>51621456
you can hide the top menu bar now
>>
>>51623017

Ebin b8 m8 :-)
>>
The GUI on Macs has always been retarded. Windows Vista style is basic and usable, for some reason Apple and some Linux DE devs feel the need to fuck the working system up with obviously inferior alternatives.
>>
>>51621002
>X11
>server/client architecture
>for fucking managing windows
>compositor does everything anyway

X11 is a mess
>>
>>51623017
>what is the minimize button
>>
>>51623306
nigga that doesn't solve the problem
>>
File: 1448927814163.png (1 MB, 1006x906) Image search: [Google]
1448927814163.png
1 MB, 1006x906
>>51623017
>Having the door open permits the ingress and/or egress of material and gasses
>Closing the door the expectation is for this process to stop.
>Macfags confirmed for a shitty roommate that doesn't close the fridge after themself and lets your milk go bad
You people are truly the worst.
>>
Steve is rolling over in his grave at 3000 rpm
>>
>>51623679
This is why we need Wayland
>>
>>51626476
human eye can't see past 30 rpm
>>
>>51619335
The close window button closes windows, as intended.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.