[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could a failing secondary drive crash my running windows (that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1428201768769.jpg (34 KB, 460x478) Image search: [Google]
1428201768769.jpg
34 KB, 460x478
Could a failing secondary drive crash my running windows (that is on a separate drive?)
>>
dumb polposter
>>
>>51619067
depends really what's installed on it
>>
>>51619067
If Windows was trying to access something on it, theoretically.
>>
>>51619067
As much as a flat tyre could cause engine failure.
>>
>>51619083

You're a retard if you think that picture makes someone from /pol/.
>>
>>51619154
>>51619163
>>51619186
Plenty of my games from Steam and Origin. It's been crashing out with no blue screen, just stuttering last sound played and screen is frozen.

It's been doing this for a few weeks with no guaranteed way to cause it. It's never crashed while actually in a game. only while browsing internet, listening to music, or idling doing nothing.

Today I finally got a notice that the hard drive is failing.
>>
>>51619233
>Today I finally got a notice that the hard drive is failing
so what are you waiting for? rescue all sensible data before it dies off completely
>>
>>51619288
I'm trying to see if that is what has been crashing my computer into oblivion. I was in the middle of ordering a power supply that I assumed was the cause of failure.
>>
>>51619067
>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>51619067
YES

IT WILL HANG OR CRASH THE OS WHEN IT TRIES TO ACCESS THE FAILING DRIVE

UNPLUG THE DRIVE AND SEE IF YOUR CRASHES GO AWAY
>>
>>51619347
Thank you.

>>51619329
I looked for the QTDDTOT, but it wasn't there. Judging on the talk and edition, I assumed that was for sales only. Sorry.
>>
I remember that chain email with that image in it Many keks were had years ago
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.