[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LIGHTNING BOLT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: anti-drm.jpg (24 KB, 350x313) Image search: [Google]
anti-drm.jpg
24 KB, 350x313
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/11/27/iphone-7-no-3-5mm-headphone-jack-lightning/

>Apple removes analog output from iPhone 7 in 2016. Headphones must be either blue tooth, have a lightning plug, or use the adapter.
>2025
>Lightning and other digital audio outputs become the standard for all audio connections
>No new hardware comes with analog audio outputs, only digital.
>All digital connections have DRM built-in.
>Apple Music becomes the only streaming music service and is more than $100 monthly.
>All audio devices have DRM which will only play content from Apple Music service.
>Will only play AAC files with 320kbps quality - uncompressed AIF files will cost an additional fee.
>Attempting to play MP3 files will cause the built-in codec to artificially downgrade the quality much like the Sony ATRAC codec did in the early 2000's. Also, MP3 files must be attached to a single sign-in and must be connected to the cloud for verification every time they are played.
>There will be no way around this as the hardware and operating systems will be able to block any analog hole. No company will keep analog audio outputs on their computer as they will be unable to play music from Apple Music or any other program using the analog hole due to extra DRM in new Apple and Windows OS versions.
>Blue tooth will have the same DRM.
>All adapters will have the same DRM.
>>
cont.

>Even with the subscription price, there will still be advertisements (much like cable TV that used to have no ads and is now horrific).
>Must listen to a certain amount of unmutable ads to play music. The more ads, the more music OR a higher bitrate.
>Smart phones will have become the defacto "computer" at this point anyway and they are infinitely easier to cripple and control.
>BUT MUH LINUX!? If still alive, you may be able to make your own Raspberry pi like audio player for MP3 files, but this will be such a niche market that the RIAA won't care.
>The RIAA will only be pushing one analog option...
>Vinyl
>MFW Audiophiles, Hipsters, and other music fans celebrate a new era of expensive, forced Vinyl
>MFW Apple, Microsoft, and RIAA finally kills the MP3.
>>
>>51618969
>MP3
What is this, 2001?
>>
k
>>
>>51618969
>all vinyl produced will be made from 128kbps mp3 source (this is kept secret)
>audiophiles bask in vinyl and never know
>... profit
>>
i like how the first 2 lines of greentext were actual news, and the rest of your fucking stupid novel was you just making up stupid shit like a fucking fag
>>
>>51618960
>2016 - 1/12
>Not using an external DAC with your phone
Enjoy your ear cancer, Rajesh.
>>
>>51619571
in the future only Apple Audio Boosterâ„¢ will work
>>
>>51619547
are you new here, friend? reddit is that way >>>/reddit/

OP is a shitlord though. That fag doesn't even use an external DAC.
>>
>>51618960
hahaha what the fuck is with all this proprietary bullshit
>>
>>51619601
I don't care about iTards, Rajesh.
>>
he is basically saying HDCP 2 but for music
but it will never work because we can alwasy find ways to rip audio
>>
macfags will defend this like they defend the mac book air with one USB C port
>>
>>51619020
Have fun filling up your 64gb device with only 200 songs.
>>
File: Untitled.png (217 KB, 624x472) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
217 KB, 624x472
>>51619891
You know other codecs exist, right?
>>
>>51620078
Yeah but most Audiofags say flac or nothing.
>>
>>51618960
If I can hear it, so can a machine therefore it can be recorded.
>>
>>51620112
no, flac is for archiving
>>
>>51620159
Doesn't matter what it is designed for, if you go to any audiophile forum they will shun anyone who doesn't use flac.
>>
>>51620183
>if you go to any placebo forum they will shun anyone who doesn't use placebo.
>>
apple logic: >> lets get rid of the headphone-jack and throw away this global standard, because then we can slim down the phone for cosmetic marketing purposes.
>>
>>51618960
You did it /g/, the meme actual caught on.
>>
>>51619891
Assuming FLAC gives 50% compression, 1 CD rip is 350MB. Let's be very generous and assume you listen to retarded music that can only be compressed to 450MB.

64GB/450MB = 142 CDs

Assuming average CD = 1 hour

142 hours = 5 days, 22 hours = 8520 minutes

8520 / 200 songs = 42.6 minutes per song, a typical symphony length.

Of course MP3 would give much higher capacity, but this idea that you can't fit your Taytay collection on a 64GB mSD because of FLAC is moronic.
>>
>>51621704
literally the reason why so many features have been removed over the last 5 years
>>
File: bestawe.jpg?w=545.jpg (61 KB, 372x640) Image search: [Google]
bestawe.jpg?w=545.jpg
61 KB, 372x640
>>51619638
>High definition CP

What a world we live in.
>>
>>51619571
IPods and iPhones have excellent internal DACs. That's the one thing I miss going to Android. They don't need an external one at all, what you're in fact buying is an overpriced placebo machine.
>>
>>51622752
There are more android phones with good DACs than not.
>>
>>51622806
Not even flagship phones have great ones
>>
Audiophiles make too much money for analog stuff to go away.
>>
>>51622885
All the rich audiophiles have already progressed to diamond optical cable, for that treble sparkle.
>>
Verge article:
http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/30/9820416/apple-rumors-headphone-jack-lightning-port-iphone
>>
>>51622858
My LG G2 has a wolfson 5110. More than good enough for listening to mp3s with earphones in a noisy environment. The times when you would need a great DAC are not times when you will be using your phone to play music.
>>
>>51623157
I use my phone to listen to music when I go to sleep. Its pretty important for me.
>>
>>51623157
LG G2 does not have a Wolfson. It's a Qualcomm WDCxxx DAC
>>
>>51623157
only the korean version has Wolfson m8
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.