[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't boot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: FalconBack.png (18 KB, 151x184) Image search: [Google]
FalconBack.png
18 KB, 151x184
Acer laptop. Windows 8, start up, says to choose a bootable device. Nothing to choose. Pressing F8 repeatedly on start up, "no bootable device, press any key to continue", back to the previous thing. Can access BIOS, but Idk what to do.

My question is. The fuck do I do? How do I boot shitty windows 8 on this shitty laptop?

Thanks
>>
you tried installing something else? fucked up your bootsector? just save your data using a liveusb and format/reinstall
>>
>>51619086
No. What? and what?

I have no windows 8 on usb or cd or whatever to boot from. Only what should be on the damn laptop
>>
>>51618816
Install gentoo
>>
/r/techsupport
>>
File: 4L_EHhnj9eX.jpg (40 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
4L_EHhnj9eX.jpg
40 KB, 612x612
>>51619148
Whats he's telling you to do is download, on a different computer, a ISO to USB program
Then get whatever Windows OS you want, if you don't want to pirate, Windows 10 is free at the moment on microsofts website.
After you download the ISO of the OS you want, get a USB that's big enough for the OS, I'd say 8GB is your best bet.
Plug it in to the computer and run the program.
Locate the ISO and USB and whatdayouknow. You got a bootable copy of Windows.
Plug it into your piece of shit laptop
Boot it into bios
Select it to boot from USB first, instead of HDD or whatever the fuck you use
Should work, unless you fucked up.
>>
>>51618816
write 8 iso to flashdrive
boot from flashdrive
>>
>>51618816
Your hard drive probably died
>>
>>51618816
Reset bios. If it dosent help enable legacy(bios) boot or csm mode. If you still cant boot your HDD is fucked.
>>
No other pcs available right now. It's my gf's laptop and she's away atm, so can't get to her. We tried resetting the bios to default, and enabling legacy. No luck.

Only option we haven't tried is try disconnecting and reconnecting the hard drive, but otherwise looks like you're right.
>>
OP isn't tech-savvy enough to save his shit. Just go buy another MacBook and get it over with you illiterate ding dang.
>>
>>51621528
It isn't my shit. MacBooks are shit. I'm literate.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.