[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Cyber Monday Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: jerry.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jerry.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Old Thread: >>51602978

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here
DO NOT BUMP, You are NOT entitled to an answer.

take at least 10 seconds to google first
read the sticky before posting >>39894014

Redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
how does virtualbox snapshot works

imagine I have whole large linux or windows setup in virutalbox

I take snapshot of that state and continue using it heavily making changes
would it just record differences keeping the size on disk of vdi to minimum or it would mostly act like separate new clone of the original that split in to different branch with all the duplication and double the size approach?

how reliable are snapshots? How do they deal with time passing, and updates and shit?

anyone using snapshots in some hypervisor extensively?
>>
My Xbox 360 controller worked fine on my PC yesterday, but now when I plug it in it flashes for a second then doesn't work or get recognized as a USB device. I restarted the PC with it plugged in but it still doesn't register. What do?
>>
Is manjaro i3 a good reintroduction to Linux for a newbish that looks a bit ricey. Or have I fallen for it?
>>
>>51618296
Have you tested your USB cable to see if it still works? Mine did something similar, but it stopped after I bought a new cable.
>>
390 or 970?
Also I heard a rumor that the good GPU deals won't happen until tomorrow or Wednesday. Can anybody confirm this?
>>
>>51618431
My laptop recognizes it right away. It's not the USB ports on the PC either since they work with everything else.
>>
>>51618472
I've heard nothing of the sort. Hope you're wrong.
>>
What's a good place to get e-books? Don't say the Gentoomen Library either please. I already have it and while it's great the majority of it is outdated.
>>
>>51618393
manjaro is usually behind on updates compared to arch, but I've had success with it. It was my first linux distro back when I got my first laptop, you should be fine, but you might want to look at just installing arch or something like antergos, /ftl/ might be able to help you more

>>51618472
390 all day. 8gb vs. 3.5 and then probably better upkeep with drivers over time, see the example of 290x vs. 780ti /gcg/ might be able to help you more, idk about the deals, I wouldn't bank on it though, if you see a deal go for it
>>
>>51618491
Are the wires weak/twisted towards the top and bottom of the cable and the connector bit?
>>
File: manjaro-i3-0.8.13.1.jpg (67 KB, 610x342) Image search: [Google]
manjaro-i3-0.8.13.1.jpg
67 KB, 610x342
>>51618393
manjaro got i3 build?
let me google, huh it seems pretty nice

I am here on arch with i3 btw
I like setting my things up by my ownself but I like some inspiration
also never understood the ricing of i3 and such
I am like wtf, 99% of the time I am having multiple desktops with borderless fullscreen application runing in them... whats the fucking point
xfce and kde is riceble imo

anyway moving past my egoism, sure manjaro is friendly arch, it should be pretty comfy experience
>>
Is ssd raid a meme?
>>
>>51618519
Thanks
>>
>>51618519
>Missed a $270 390 because I wanted to see if a better deal would show up
JUST
>>
>>51618472
>raw performance and the future?

>worry about high power consumption in multimonitor setup?
gtx970
>>
>>51618536
Nope.
>>
>>51618576
Do you have an xbox 360 around?
Try testing it on that
>>
Is this a good monitor to use as a secondary monitor in portrait mode?
I just want a second one to the left of my primary monitor, I'd also prefer it to be 1080p and cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9AX3MY6442
>>
>>51618576
I'm assuming you've already done the obvious and checked for driver updates. Did you do that?
>>
>>51618563
if you dont mind buying used you can usually find used 290x on ebay for around 250-300. If you dont mind taking it apart you can get a non-mining reference 290x, corsair hg10a and something like a h55 for around 300 and have a water cooled 290x with proper vrm cooling
also no need to worry about voiding warranty since you wont have one on the card to begin with, that's what I would do desu senpai
>>
>>51618603
Link not working
>>
>>51618606
Yeah, no problems there. I think it has to be a driver problem of some kind.
>>
I am planning on setting up virtual servers primarily for learning the process.
The server is running Arch Linux, and what would be the best approach to setting up a virtual machine? I am currently thinking of QEMU.
>>
How bad is 4gb of ram on a laptop, thinkin about geting an xps 13 but could only afford a 4gb model
>>
>>51618838

Not worth it. Save up, poorfag.
>>
File: 4GB RAM_.png (80 KB, 816x433) Image search: [Google]
4GB RAM_.png
80 KB, 816x433
>>51618756
rent VPS
its like $5 a month, you can delete it when not needed
actually use it and put on it distro you like, play with ssh and certificates, setup services there.
thats learning, dunno what you expect from arch in vmachine, why not going for it directly if you are already runnig linux when you are talking QEMU...

amazon EC2 hosting has free learning program as well, you need credit card but its free for X hours or whatever, I used it few weeks but then drew uneasy with the threat of fucking something up and being charged for something

>>51618838
its mighty fine, for general use even for gaming...
maybe if you are planning running virtual machines or do some batch jobs in photoshop it would be a serious drawback, but for general use its perfectly comfortable
>>
is there anything like UK plug to usb (plug a plug into one side then power via usb) if not could I just solder the cables together
>>
>>51618933
so coding, web browsing, video watching, very light gaming (like indie games or CS:GO) it'll be fine?
>>
I just dragged the brightness slider thing on windows 10 to zero. Then the laptop powered off, I need to fix this soon.
>>
ignore this

>>
>>51618971
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-power-nearly-anything-off-a-USB-port/?ALLSTEPS
;^)
>>
>>51619278
thanks
>>
>>51617902
that's not a stupid question
>>
>>51618838
>>51619105
why get a dell? they're far too overpriced for what you're getting
there are plenty good models out there that do all that and are considerably cheaper
>>
>>51618662
if it's a driver issue you can uninstall the drivers in safe mode, reboot to normal mode and install again
>>
Could a failing secondary drive crash my running windows (that is on a separate drive?)

It has plenty of my games from Steam and Origin. It's been crashing out with no blue screen, just stuttering last sound played and screen is frozen.

It's been doing this for a few weeks with no guaranteed way to cause it. It's never crashed while actually in a game. only while browsing internet, listening to music, or idling doing nothing.

Today I finally got a notice that the hard drive is failing.
>>
PNY 128GB USB 3.0 Drive - $24.99 (reg. $89.99)

Yes?
>>
>>51619623
pretty cheap, I'd say go for it
>>
>>51619623
looks like a good item but I would check on that price again if I were you
they go for less than 50 euros (regular price) here in germany
>>
Any good 500GB SSD deals anyone's seen online? I missed the amazon one this morning
>>
Should I get the 390 or are Radeons just a meme?
I already fell for the AMD meme but its working out just fine.
>>
>>51619723
Well, it's Best Buy's regular price so who knows how exaggerated that is.

Seems like $45-50 is the actual regular price elsewhere.

Newegg has really bad reviews for the stick though, makes me nervous. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178689
>>
File: Capture.png (1 MB, 1742x780) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1 MB, 1742x780
Anyone know why my gpu is going up from 31 degrees to 41 degrees C when playing a video on my computer? I have a 980ti and no clue why this is happening. Hasn't gone up when playing a video before, did a virus scan and got nothing.
>>
>>51619922
I have a 32GB PNY and even after accidentally washing it the thing still works. I think PNYs are solid but have QC issues
>>
I'm looking for some 30-70$ bluetooth/wireless headsets for my dumb sister. She wants Beats, but I don't support Dr.Dre and I've heard their quality is garbage.
Any good ones available right now? The only ones I see on Amazon seem only 4 stars.
>>
>>51619963
You missed some bose wired ones on sale on Friday for 70 I believe. Regular 179. I would tell my sister to suck it the fuck up and take some wired headphones
>>
>>51619922
all the german reviews I've seen were okay
just some dumb people complaining about not exactly getting the advertised amount of memory
>>
>>51619566
>>51619067
why haven't you deleted your thread yet?
>>
File: EMR EMITTER TREES.jpg (158 KB, 600x287) Image search: [Google]
EMR EMITTER TREES.jpg
158 KB, 600x287
Whats the voltage on those cross country power lines, the highest thats in use to eliminate losses.
I think its 22kv but cant google out for shit...
>>
>>51617857
why the fuck does xubuntu fuck itself in the ass if an update fails
>>
>>51619928
anyone?
>>
What's a good way to test the stability of RAM and CPU overclock settings?
Also, why is it that when I overclock my CPU (4690k) to 4.2 GHZ, the CPU fan (Hyper 212 Evo) runs at its highest speed at all times, even though the idle CPU temperature is still at around 30 degrees Celsius? What setting do I need to change to allow my CPU fan to slow down?
>>
I want to make my WD Black external and put it in the next room because it's the loudest damn thing in my PC.

Will I lose performance? It's my secondary drive, but I do run videos and some games off it.

>>51619928
Hardware acceleration.
>>
I want to plug in both my PS3 and my PC into my speakers, one white and one red RCA. The only splitters I've found are ones that have both inputs. Does it matter if it's White > Red part of splitter > White in speaker?
>>
>>51620122
I'll do that. Sorry, buddy.
>>
A8 7650k vs A10 7700k vs A10 7850k

I'm trying to save as many shekels as I can. I don't plan to play many AAA titles. It will be for a living room PC to basically play FIFA or something like that with friends.
>>
>>51620189
prime95 for 1 hour for cpu was always good enough for me
furmark for 10 minutes and then being on notice if some artifacts wont appear
>>
>>51620199
thanks anon, what should I do then? Go in the mpc hc and change the HW to SW (forgot what the other one was called)
>>
File: cc7d5edc49[1].png (3 KB, 518x158) Image search: [Google]
cc7d5edc49[1].png
3 KB, 518x158
>>51620122
>>51620202
>>
>>51620214
but your local price difference might be helpful during decision making
>>
File: 1445655130265.gif (50 KB, 120x100) Image search: [Google]
1445655130265.gif
50 KB, 120x100
This is kind of a large request, well, somewhat but I didn't think it was worthy of a thread.

On the night before thanksgiving or the early morning of, someone broke into my car and stole my wallet that I foolishly left in my car. This is the second time this has happened.

The first time my friends and I formed a posse, AK's and SKS's in hand and waited for three nights straight to see if he returned and he did. We ambushed him, told him to get on the ground and waited for the police to arrive.

Now, just a few days ago, it has happened again. I live in kind of a shitty area of town so it is likely that it is a second perp. But just to be safe, I want to access the security cameras of the business right next door that has a camera pointed right at my car. I've asked repeatedly for access to the cameras but they have refused and I'm not going to tell the cops because they are understaffed and underfunded and wont do anything for a petty theft.

I want to access their security cameras. They have wifi which is easy enough to gain access to but I was wondering if from there if there was any sort of way to access the archives? If I can only gain access to the live stream, that works too but I would prefer it if I didn't have to sit up all night watching the stream waiting for him to come by. I'd rather just find him (which is pretty easy because I live in a small town) and fuck him up good myself.

No, I am not trying to be edgy and yes I mean every word I say. If someone could direct me to a PDF or some other tutorial for gaining access to help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
>>
>>51620232
Price difference is only 25 between the 7650k and 7850k. But I don't know how that translates to price/performance ratio. All benchmarks I've seen seem to be outdated and sometimes even strange where a 7670k was faster than an 7870k which again was slower than the 7850k.

7650k it is then. Fuck it. If I need more I'll buy a Nano or a 750ti in the future.
>>
is there any difference between
http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00TQIT1W0
and
http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B015PQXIRK
?
>>
>>51620316
tl;dr
>>
About to pull the trigger on some Seagate (yes, I know, but beggars can't choosers and $99 for a 4TB is as cheap as I am going to see this shit for a while) hard drives and I'm planning on putting them in a FreeNAS box.

So how should I set up my zpool? I was thinking of doing two mirror vdevs; zfs automatically stripes everything, so I'd get 8TB of usable space with another 8TB backing that up. Or would it be more efficient to simply do two single disk vdevs as the entire zpool, and use the other two discs to backup the zpool?
>>
so I got a strange thing going around, lets see if anyone here can help me

I bought a new tv, and I have connected it via hdmi to both my raspberry pi and my computer, I also have a network drive accessible by everything

So today I downloaded some torrents, and intended on playing them via pc -> tv, I was met with instant lag as soon as I put the video on the tv, it was fine before I literally dragged the window into the tv monitor, and it was fine after

Now comes the interesting part, I'm not sure this is a tv problem, mainly because of two things

a) I put the video on my network drive and played it through the pi (60hz) -> works perfectly fine
b) I changed the tv refresh rate via windows monitor settings to 59hz -> works perfectly

so what the fuck is going on? it literally only lags on 60hz via PC, ideas?
>>
Does Best Buy price match their online products or will I have to go in stores to price match?

Newegg has it cheaper and I want to get rid of this BestBuy gift card.
>>
>>51620189
I always use IBT to test my OC. Hits ram pretty hard too. Your motherboard might be disabling the fan curve, what mobo do you have? is there any software included to tune the fan curve?
>>
File: 1448927763.png (218 KB, 722x978) Image search: [Google]
1448927763.png
218 KB, 722x978
>>51620476
fuck you, I would love me some 4TB seagates
check stats on backblaze, they are in enterprise cloud storage use and they are reliable as hell, better than WD reds

but thats only for that model and that size, 2TB/3TB are shits
>>
File: i5_badge.jpg (96 KB, 686x504) Image search: [Google]
i5_badge.jpg
96 KB, 686x504
So if i go from an overclocked fx-6350 to a 4690k i7. Will it better better for gaming in the future or am i falling for the memes.
>>
>>51620538
I meant i5. And the clock on my 6350 is 4.5
>>
>>51620538
got for i7 5820k
you will get 6 cores, 12 threads
>>
does anyone know of a way to get the file thumbnail preview without the dumb folders in the background? It would be so much better without the folder.
>>
>>51620558
Budget is roughly 300 bucks.
>>
Is it possible to use daisychaining with both hdmi and displayport? So:

PC > HDMI-HDMI > Monitor 1 >DP-DP > Monitor 2.

I thought the actual daisychaining could be done between the two monitors and that it didn't matter what input the first monitor used.
>>
>>51620534
Well that makes me feel better about the purchase, but doesn't actually answer my question.
>>
>>51620538
yeah you will, you can always overclock the 4690k later for more performance. The 6350 has lower per core performance so in shitty ports and non-optomized games you'll get better performance.
Honestly though, do what >>51620558 is saying.
You've got a good enough cpu for gaming for now, save and get x99 or just wait until zen. And unless you have a higher end crossfire or sli or flagship level card then you really should upgrade gpu first for the most bang for your buck
>>
>>51620579
find microcenter nearby
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80648i75820k

>>51620629
cause we dont give a fuck about how you setup your pool when you dont even know whats you want
I would not go for stripe thats for sure, unless you are editing video or some other use, I assume its for storage..
>>
Is there any difference efficiency-wise in using higher-level programs like Matlab or Mathematica to number crunch over something lower-level like C++? Is there any extra stuff the higher-level programs have to do that make them slower than lower-level code?
>>
>>51620663
Thx for the input.
>>
>>51620724
well I use python for everything almost because I can make something working in 5 minutes

in C a web scrapper or some such shit would take me 2 weeks

speed and comfort of development is just there
>>
Hello im doing homework in C++ and i am totally lost in destructors

for (std::map<uint, CustomerInterface*>::iterator it = mp_customers.end(); it != mp_customers.begin(); --it){
std::cout << "DELETING FROM BANK MAP OF CUSTOMERS!\n";
delete [] it->second;
mp_customers.erase(it);
}

getting SIGSEGV when i want to assign begin iterator of map to something... pls help
>>
>>51620819
meaning it never gets even to the body of for loop

-std=c++11 if it helps, and i cannot use shared pointers and unique pointers
>>
>>51620663
Actually wouldn't it be more "future proof" to just get a 4790k? Should i just work another week and get that?
>>
>>51620663
Nm, I'm retarded.
>>
>>51620667
It's just for storing lots of data, it will be read from quite often, but not written to very much. Certainly won't be doing any heavy shit like video editing on a NAS. I currently use a single 4TB drive as my archival drive where I store all my data, but I want to get a proper NAS up with ZFS so I can stop worrying about losing everything if the hard drive fails.

I heard RAIDZ is for people who know what they are doing (not to mention more expensive in disc costs) and mirrors is what normal users should be looking at, but then it's like "YOU STILL NEED TO BACK YOUR DATA UP". Isn't that the entire fucking point of a mirror? It's backing up the data so if a hard drive implodes, I can plug in another one and it'll recopy the data again. So I don't know if I should just use two mirror vdevs and not backup the zpool at all, or use two single discs and make a second zpool out of another two discs to backup that zpool. What's the recommended solution here?
>>
There are lots of different packages for ram of the same capacity. For example for 16gb(2x8), gskill alone has different models and types that range in price from like $50 to $80 to $120 to even $200

If they're all 16gb, what causes such a separation in price?
>>
how the fuck do you initialize std::map in constructor of class?
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f2kPZL

think im about to pull the trigger on this. any suggestions to cut costs before I do? only looking to do some 1080p 60fps living room gaming with this and a steam link.
>>
Any budget laptops on sale?

I don't need to do anything besides stream movies, take notes/write papers, and do some low end gaming.
I already have my desktop, now I just want something to take to lecture/campus.

pls help. I haven't looked at any specs since I built my PC 3 years ago and I can't tell if something is a shit deal or not.
>>
File: DSCN0283.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0283.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
How much can I get on craigslist for all this crap. Everything's like new except the amp, most of it was just used a few times and sat in the garage for a couple years.
>>
>>51621083
Brand, speed, and type (DDR3 VS DDR4) nothing more. Ram is ram. Buy the cheapest or buy the prettiest color.
>>
USB question

On the onboard MOBO has
>1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
>2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers

On the front panel of the Case has
2 x USB 2.0 / 1 x Audio / 1 x Mic

Found a deal on a nice case that would be an upgrade over the bottom of the barrel one I was going to buy. I know 3.0 and 2.0 are not compatible, but does this mean the mobo has 3 USB slots, and I can just let the 3.0 one dangle and plug the two 2.0 USB's in and move on with my life?
>>
>>51621178
You ca. Probably get ram $10 cheaper.

I have t9 recommend getting 240gb ssd for $20 or so more. It's definitely worth. Other than that, looks good.

Deals on reddit/buildapcsales
>>
>>51621229
according to google 1866 vs 2400 doesnt affect performance, just shows up in benchmarks. i havent studied memory to know the difference or what it means but i assume this is true?
>>
>>51620870
Just don't buy into futureproof meme, you get how much you spend now. Nobody can predict the future.
>>
File: 688022boxart_160w.jpg (11 KB, 160x204) Image search: [Google]
688022boxart_160w.jpg
11 KB, 160x204
I really need a new monitor

Please, please. Give me recommendations. I've asked in two other threads on monitors and on cyber monday and no one wants to answer.

I just want a monitor that is good for under 130 dollars. 1080 at 60hz is great, wonderful even.

Please help.
>>
>>51621316
>I really need a new monitor
No you don't.
>>
>>51621274
Yep, thats the speed. And you literally won't notice any real world difference unless you're running an APU.
>>
>>51621316
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vs247hp
>>
Which 390 should I get?
>>
File: 1422838252633.png (10 KB, 334x229) Image search: [Google]
1422838252633.png
10 KB, 334x229
Is there that much of a difference between getting a wifi card that fits into your computer and just getting a tiny usb wifi adapter? Would the usb adapter bottleneck the internets flowing into my desktop?
>>
>>51621342
Yes, I do. I'm using a borrowed monitor right now. When I move, it's gone.

I move within the month. So unless a better sale pops up sometime during/after Christmas, I won't have another chance.

>>51621367
Thank you.
>>
>>51621316
Because it's a dumb question, sorry, it is.

So mean under $130 monitors.
These are budget monitors so anything will do. Any monitor at that price by a decent brand (samsung, asus, dell, acer, benq) will do at 1080p. Deals are running out and there were plenty on sale this weekend.

Just dont get a monitor from a brand noone has ever heard of and you be good. Also I suggest buying used, it's a fucking $130 monitor.

If you're paying $300+ everyone will be of more help to you.
>>
>>51621394
Generally PCIe wifi cards are better overall as its more reliable. Usb for something cheap and convenient but temporary.

Google PCI vs usb wifi adapters and look at opinion blogs or whatever.
>>
>>51621407
>Deals are running out and there were plenty on sale this weekend.

I saw people talking about it, I couldn't convince myself to spend 300 dollars on a monitor.

Was there a reason I should have? Was there a deal I missed out on that was 100% absolutely a great deal?
>>
>>51621426
Will do. Thanks, friend.
>>
>>51617902
>how does virtualbox snapshot works
magic

>I take snapshot of that state and continue using it heavily making changes
>would it just record differences keeping the size on disk of vdi to minimum or it would mostly act like separate new clone of the original that split in to different branch with all the duplication and double the size approach?
It records the differences. If you continue to take more snapshots, it continues to pile on the records of differences. This is why they don't take up so much space (until you have a shitton of changes made), and also why snapshots tend to fuck up if you delete the middle one in a group of snapshots without merging them properly first.

>how reliable are snapshots? How do they deal with time passing, and updates and shit?
They're fine. Only hard trouble is when you take multiple snapshots upon snapshots, if you wish to delete them later you need to merge them first. Otherwise some shit happens

>anyone using snapshots in some hypervisor extensively?
No.
>>
Bought a 6600k on friday for a desktop I'm building at my university. If I want to overclock, will an Evo 212 be enough? Or should I spring the extra 20-40$ for a Cryorig H5/Noctua NH-U12S?
>>
>>51621462
depends on how far you want to overclock, obviously better coolers mean better overclocking, so if you really wanna push it go as good as you can afford. Reality is though the 6600k is fine for games stock and with the overclock you'll get on the 212 it'll be more than enough
>>
File: 193402.jpg (15 KB, 288x450) Image search: [Google]
193402.jpg
15 KB, 288x450
I used to change my mac address to get around IP bans, but since we moved Comcast gave me a new modem.

In Diablo 2 if you MF too fast you get temporary IP bans, how do I get around this now that changing my mac and cycling my modem and router doesn't seem to change my IP anymore? Am I doing something wrong?
>>
So I have a problem where my computer shuts down right as the little spinning loading bar on the Windows 10 loading screen appears. I turn my computer on again and everything appears fine.

Before you say PSU, I just bought a new PSU(Supernova B2 850) so what could be the problem?
>>
what's the best way to clean a hardwood floor?
should I get one of those swiffers?
didn't know where else to ask
>>
>>51621517
I was going to try an overclock from 3.5ghz core to 4.5 ghz. Thoughts?
>>
>>51621550
You're fucked. It's using the MAC address of the modem now, not your computer.

If you're lucky, the modem may have a 'bridged' mode you can use. Even that may not give you a new IP address.
>>
File: larkintongue.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
larkintongue.gif
2 MB, 400x400
Whats a good website/book to learn ruby? I already did the codecademy course
>>
>>51621625
What about my router, can't I do anything with that to change my IP?
>>
>>51621615
Depend really on how good your silicon is, YOU COULD WIN A LOTTERY OF SOME SORT!
>>
>>51617857
Hey guys someone pls respond quickly:

Does Newegg ship to Greece?
Can I buy stuff from Newegg If I'm in Greece?
>>
>>51621431
Probably. So meany deals I couldn't keep up. Just get a cheap 1080p monitor for now, you'll be happy.

When you get a better gpu or want something better just wait and save money. Not worth unless you have money to blow.
>>
>>51621761
you should work faggot
>>
File: ss (2015-11-30 at 07.15.38).jpg (154 KB, 1269x467) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-30 at 07.15.38).jpg
154 KB, 1269x467
I need your help /g/.

I bought pic related so I could get some files off of an old hard drive that can't boot on its own.

I plugged it into my laptop, it said it successfully installed device software, but now what do I do?

How do I open up the harddrive to view its files?
>>
>>51621578
When did this problem occur? Newly built PC or have you had it for a while? If it shuts off does it come back with any error codes?

If newly build: take apart, mainly the motherboard. Rescrew it in. Sounds like a grounding issue. I had same exact problem my 1st build and this did the trick (took me a week to figure out).

If not newly built, something is clearly failing. Any recent updates? New software?
>>
>>51621788
>falling for the "greek people dont work" meme
lmao brainwashed individual
>>
>>51621578
RAM. one of your DIMMs is faulty.

A friend of mine had exactly the same issue few days back. we checked the DIMMs and once we took the third one out everything worked like a charm.
>>
i7 6500u or i5 6300hq?
Which is better for video production?
Currently looking for a laptop..
>>
>>51621810
hurr durr gibe moneys for our old ppl that take 2,5k EUR monthly in pensions :((((

BOO fucking HOO, over here we have like 320 EUR month for seniors and your government asked us for solidarity.. so yeah no go die in hell cunt :^) *burninggreecememely*
>>
Has anyone found a way to edit system files on marshmallow and have the changes stick? Trying to edit build.prop and even though it shows the changes save successfully they revert the second I close and reopen it.
>>
>>51621850
yes by killing ur mum :^)
>>
>>51621798
Plug your harddrive into it. You heard your hdd moving inside? Making noise? Good.

This is same as inserting a flashdrive. Go to MyComputer and find the hard drive. Drag and drop your files to your pc (or wherever you wanna put your files). This is backing up.

Can't find your HDD in MyComputer? The dongle probably doesn't recognize it. Buy a dock. Or your HDD is just dead if you hear nothing, maybe. Docks >>>> dongles.
>>
>>51621805
It's a fairly old build, i7 920, 6GB of RAM, r9 280x(newest part), 2 SSDs and 3 HDDs. This issue started happening after power shutdown about a month ago and my computer is just plugged into a power bar.

>>51621827
I'll check that out right now, got suggestions that it was the capacitors on the PSU or motherboard.
>>
File: 1448673152173.png (650 KB, 662x555) Image search: [Google]
1448673152173.png
650 KB, 662x555
Help

Should i get the 960 4gb. 380 4gb. Or 280x?

I probably will be playing on 1080p for awhile. I heard the 960 is more *future proofed* because of its newer architecture and HDMI 2.0. But I like that the 280x is slightly faster.

Will full directx12 support be worth it?
>>
File: 1425999324632.gif (2 MB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1425999324632.gif
2 MB, 400x600
Every time I start up my laptop I get a black screen & beep. The message says:

>WARNING: The battery cannot be identified. This system will be unable to charge this battery
>Strike the F1 key to continue. F2 to run the setup utility Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.

The laptop's battery has gone to shit, that I'm aware of. Computer still works while plugged into an outlet. My question here is how do I get the computer to skip through this warning screen and just boot windows normally? If I'm not mistaken it's somewhere in the Bios but I don't know where.
>>
>>51621858

Thanks bruv.
>>
>>51621840
oh my god man... normally id get mad but youre so misinformed that its not even worth it.
and you have to be stupid to be this misinformed.

who earns 2500 euros pension dumbass?
320 euros here is the average salary of someone who works full time
>>
>>51621596
christ on the cross asshole use a swifter or a hand towel and some fucking pledge

>>51621615
buddy has a 4690k that he got from 3.5 to 4.4 with a nh-d14, now idk about skylake but if you wanna push to 4.5 I'd say you'll almost definitely need a better cooler. again like >>51621710
said you could also get a golden chip, but i wouldn't count on it

>>51621890
no gcg right now but next time post there, i would say go for a 280x, directx12 wont be worth it, you'll want to upgrade before it really takes effect, never try to future proof always buy what is fastest now within your budget
>>
This is a rather simple question, a while ago someone on /g/ came up with an application to apply an 'abstract' filter to them.

Does anyone remember the name?
>>
so my unis has the shittiest WIFI ever. the 2.4ghz is complete shit. the GHz is ok. my fucking wifi adapter wont connect to the 5ghz for more then 5 seconds. do any of you know how to connect to 5ghz only?
>>
>>51618472
I've got a >>51618472
I've got a 390, I like it.
>>
anyone have any experience reading manga on an ereader? Would it be worth $50 to get a kindle to read manga on?
>>
>>51621974
?
I was just wondering if people actually use a swifter or is there a better alternative, taking cost and efficiency into account
I'm an asshole for wondering how others clean their floors?
>>
>>51621974
I think I'll be fine with the H5 Ultimate. I've been reading some reviews on Skylake and one from Eurogamer oc'd it to 4.5 ghz with a 212 and temps never exceeded the 70s.
>>
File: DtmNFph.png (81 KB, 732x823) Image search: [Google]
DtmNFph.png
81 KB, 732x823
>>51618472

>>51618511
amazon. ebook torrent trackers.

>>51618541
no.

>>51618838
it's OK. you can upgrade RAM later.

>>51619174
safemode?

>>51619428
>1080p IPS for $110
>overpriced
nah

>>51619566
if it is using that drive for anything related to your OS, yes. page, swap, temp for example.

>>51619895
go for it.

>>51619963
yeah, beats are overpriced garbage. check out the regular headphone thread for better info.

>>51620130
those are at least 200kV

>>51620218
leave it be, you moron. HW accelartion is good for you. 40C is cold as fuck for a GPU.

>>51620189
intel burn test, prime95, memtest, benchmarks

>>51620215
doesnt everyone throttled furmark since several years back?

>>51620343
the price.

>>51620509
call or live-chat and ask them

>>51620578
what?

>>51620870
the only think you can realistically "future proof" is the PSU and case. but if it's just 1 more week of work i would totally get the i7. check benchmarks to see performance difference for what you're going to use it for.

>>51621178
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LpMdZL

>>51621637
http://learnrubythehardway.org/

>>51621828
check benchmarks. there's an awesome laptop review site i think it's called notebookreview or something.

>>51621890
>I heard the 960 is more *future proofed* because of its newer architecture and HDMI 2.0
utter bullshit. get the 380.

>>51621900
did you even try looking around at the different menus and sub-options?

>>51622050
application for what? apply filter to what?
>>
Going get a new gaming PC started, have my eyes on a i5-6600k. So new mobo, cpu cooler and new DDR4 ram. Plan on waiting on new graphics card till pascal.

The PC I have is 2.5 years old but I have decent power supply (650W) and all the other peripherals.

Two questions:
1. Does DDR4 ram speed matter past 2400? I've been reading some articles online and it seems the tests show negligible difference between 2400 and 3200.

I am asking because there is about a $10-20 difference between the two and was wondering for those who have the higher ones or overlocked the 2400s if they see any increase in performance.

2. I really want to get a SSD but again I do not need it right this moment.

•Do you guys who use it for gaming recommend purchasing one now or wait if its not a priority?
•Do you recommend just getting as big a capacity as possible or getting the best value?
>>
>>51622164
PSU brand and model?

DDR4 isnt even faster than DDR3 for regular use. Get the cheapest. Also dont get anything with huge heatsinks that sticks up above the PCB, it will be in the way of most aftermarket cpu coolers.

Get that SSD, you wont regret it and it's easier to just do it right now so you dont have to reinstall your OS later. Best value.
>>
>>51622253
>PSU brand and model?

corsair rm650x 80plus gold

Thanks for the other info, will definitely take them into account.
>>
Hi /sqt/. I was looking into urxvt and the wiki page says it's a terminal emulator. I currently have zsh installed and I'm wondering if the two packages are compatible or do they both serve the same purpose? What purpose does urxvt serve?
>>
>>51617857
How can I use hot spot unlimited as a sprint customer?. I need To scale back my spending.
>>
ah shit so...tried to install a new graphics card, my monitor doesnt respond, put in old graphics card, my monitor doesn't respond
im fairly confident i was grounded pretty well, anything i can do? I've already tried resetting CMOS and tried a different monitor. keyboard lights flash and fans light up etc

graphics card (new) is a gtx750ti and my motherboard is an ASRock a75m-avhs
help
>>
>>51621861
Yeah, the HDD is not showing up in MyComputer.

It's likely the HDD is dead. When it was plugged into its original PC, the PC couldn't launch because 'missing operating system'. The HDD had gotten to the point where it couldn't launch the OS.

What a shame. I'll try a few more times but I believe this HDD is a lost cause.

Also, my setup is kinda comical- I'm still using the desktop PC tower as a power source and the adapter is running to my laptop. Hah!
>>
>>51622376
for the record i can see inside my case and both the cpu and gpu fans are spinning
>>
Is there any advantage to having a smaller amount of hard drives other than less cables to deal with?
>>
>>51622435
Maybe the socket is busted? Have you tried using one of the other GPU slots?
>>
>>51621827

Could it be the slot itself? I put it in one slot and it shuts down.
>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824106003

>IPS Monitor for 100 dollars

Please tell me what could go wrong.
>>
>>51622442
It's a tradeoff. Having more harddrives gives you more chances for backups and duplicates in the event that something goes wrong, while having less harddrives makes it less likely that you'll have something go wrong because you have less things to break. Try to find a happy medium.
>>
>>51622376
>im fairly confident i was grounded pretty well
what surface were you standing on and what surface was the computer parts on and what was the chassi on?
how did you ground yourself?
checked cables? try other ports? check monitor?

>>51622442
less things that can break. 5-10 watts lower power consumption. less heat generation. potentially less noise.

>>51622474
yes.
>take out all but 1 ram stick and test.
>test stick in each slot
>repeat for all ram sticks.

>>51622512
>acer
>4ms
>>
>>51622529
>acer
>4ms

Okay, I didn't know this would be a problem.

Can you elaborate? Should I get the TN Asus for ten dollars extra, but it has 2MS GtoG?
>>
>>51622442
Costs less, too.

With a bigger tower and more money, I would probably run RAID 10.
>>
New fag here, Sorry if I'm interrupting but you guys seem to be the best to ask.

What's the best way to watch a bluray? I downloaded a 20gb torrent and there are a few folders but I'm not sure which file to open?
Another question is is there any problem running two different torrenting programs at once ?

utorrent 2.2 and qbitorrent 3.2.3?
>>
>>51617857
Why does fallout 4 suck so much dick?>>51617857
>>
File: dumb mouse.jpg (28 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
dumb mouse.jpg
28 KB, 350x233
Whenever I flick really fast with the g400s on any kind of mouse pad it will malfunction, however if I use the desk instead I'm not even able to reach malfunction speed.
I'm using 400dpi atm with accel disabled
How should I try to fix it? Should I throw it in the trash?
[spoiler]>inb4 go back to /v/ [/spoiler]
>>
File: poorfag.jpg (61 KB, 733x348) Image search: [Google]
poorfag.jpg
61 KB, 733x348
Got this today

Replacing an 7 year old monitor that is probably going to fail soon (keep noticing slightly flickering) and getting rid of a motherboard with an LGA 1150 socket that would be a pain in the ass to find non-second hand CPU's for
>>
>>51622605
forgot to ask: Did I make a good purchase?
>>
I have a window in my room that constantly leaks in freezing cold air. Is there any reason not to position my PC with the intake fans next to the window and get sick temps?
>>
>>51622585
>What's the best way to watch a bluray?
Open the video file. It's either .mp4, .mpg, .avi, or some other format if you fucked up and got a weird rip.

>is there any problem running two different torrenting programs at once ?
No, but R.I.P. your bandwidth
>>
>>51622633
Sounds good but get a bug screen. Maybe a really fine one to keep dust out.
>>
>>51622655

>No, but R.I.P. your bandwidth

Elaborate ?
>>
>>51617857
I'm finding my current torrent program (bittorrent) very weird with the speed settings and is downloading 5% of the total capacity, despite normal downloads working fine.

Which programs do you guys recommend?
>>
Is it better to buy a laptop for arguable cheaper right now without doing any prior research or to wait till Christmas sales?

How are Christmas sales for tech by the way?
Worth waiting for?
>>
>>51622672
The internet is a series of tubes, only so much shit can fit through it at a time. If both of your torrent clients are downloading shit at max speed, then your normal services (web browsing, gaming, porn) will lag and suffer. It'll work, they'll just fight each other for resources.
>>
>>51622529
>>51622474

Could it be the motherboard itself? I turn it on and it gets to the login then I shut it down and turn it on again and then it shuts down at the loading screen.
>>
>>51622707
If it isn't worth buying then it usually goes on sale as a last ditch effort to get uninformed people to buy the worthless shit. So you still get what you pay for.
>>
>>51622690

QBittorrent, I haven't had a single problem. I switched from utorrent, there is a new version that just came out for it btw.
>>
Which CPU air cooler should I get for the power color to match a black and gold Asus Mobo?
Nothing crazy since I'm not overclocking, I'm searching something in the lines of the CM 212 EVO
>>
>>51622712

What difference would it be if let's say I'm downloading an episode of The Office on both clients vs downloading an 2 eps on both clients ?

Would that not be the same ?
>>
>>51622605
What was your decision on buying that monitor instead of an IPS monitor?

Just curious.
>>
>>51622596
Is the sensor lens dirty? This is the most common reason for unusual tracking problems.
>>
Unlucky anon here. People seem to be under the impression I am good with technology when in fact I am horrible with it. The task of finding a new laptop for my fiance has fallen to me and I need some help.

She is a graphic design major and needs to run big boy programs like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop reliably. She also commutes a lot, so the requirement of being a laptop is the main concern.

Can someone give me advice on what to look for in a laptop? Or even better, a link to a laptop similar to what I'm looking for?

I'm so glad this thread exists. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Also, how is the GTX-950 video card in general? I have an old tower given to me from my brother that needs to be upgraded and someone said the 950 is good enough to run most newer games decently
>>
Best speakers for 125 dollars or less?
I bought Klipsch r15ms on sale for that price and while I'm not 100% happy with them, compared to my 1000 dollaroo speakers, I'm not sure if there's anything better for that price.
>>
>>51622548
acer is usually a little bit lower quality than other brands. 4ms could lead to some visual glitches if you play fast paced shooters competetively.

i dont know which asus monitor you're looking at.

if you're a casual gamer or will only be doing non-gaming stuff it doesnt really matter what you get.

>>51622585
MPC-HC, file -> open directory.
using 2 clients is fine, but there really is no reason to do it.

>>51622596
which mousepads exactly have you tried?

>>51622620
>>51622605
>locked CPU
you fucked up.

>>51622633
condensation.

>>51622672
he's implying your bandwidth would be higher than if you opened all the torrents in one client, which is completely retarded. dont listen to that guy.

>>51622690
you're using the "official" bittorrent client? haahaha. get qbittorrent.

>>51622726
yes, that's why i told you to test each slot on the mobo you dumbass.

>>51622754
spray-paint the stock cooler with the same color

>>51622756
there only thing you're doing is wasting RAM running both clients.
>>
>>51622784
Anything dell or hp.
For sure.
>>
>>51622756
There's literally no difference. It's like if you clicked on two download links in your web browser, or if you opened one in Chrome and the other in Firefox. You're still downloading the same shit, your computer is just doing more work trying to figure out wtf you're doing.
>>
>>51622605
You're replacing a 1150 motherboard with a 1150 motherboard?
>>
>>51622690
Use Transmission. Very lightweight, no ads, easy to use, and it dings.
>>
>>51622791

Thank you so much ! The only reason is because I just signed up with HDTime and they only allow vuze and utorrent.

I use QBittorrent atm.
>>
>>51617857
I heard there was a surgeon who hacked 4chan once?
>>
>>51622791
>i dont know which asus monitor you're looking at.

Oh, I was looking at this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236174

Exact same one the other guy was thinking of buying.

Since everyone seems to like that monitor, and I really can't find that many reviews on the Acer one, I might go with the Asus one unless ther's something wrong with that one too.
>>
>>51622819

That's exactly what I was thinking. He confused me.
>>
Is the 390 worth the extra $100 over the 380x?
>>
>>51622779
price point and I don't know what IPS is

>>51622820
Sorry, I currently have a 1155 and I'm replacing it with a 1150
>>
>>51622865
yes no maybe I don't know
>>
I'm in the market for a new keyboard. All I need from it are dedicated volume control and mute keys (none of that fn+ crap) and a high enough rollover for gaymen. Quite frankly, I don't take good enough care of my keyboard to justify spending money on a mechanical.

So basically, a rubber dome keyboard with media keys and decent rollover. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>51622791
Any reason I shouldn't install cyanogenmod on my phone?
>>
>>51622784

Anon, unless you can't afford, have her buy a Macbook Pro, she will fit in with her friends at university and it will be able to handle her programs.

Don't buy HP, Dell is fine, and get something that at the MINIMUM has 4GB of ram and if it has an nvidia gpu even better because the latest programs can use the GPU to process some tasks.
>>
>>51622784
budget? check newegg or whatever tech webshot is popular in your country. compare the popular ones with good reviews. check notebookreviews website for more info on those models.

check benchmarks/reviews to compare the GPU with others.

>>51622813
>HP
>highest malfunction rates on laptops of all brands
you're dumb.

>>51622843
>they only allow vuze and utorrent
that's fucking retarded of them. you should try getting into another site or just use kat.cr

>>51622853
go with the asus one.

>>51622865
check the performance difference and decide yourself.

>>51622873
they say IPS has better color/image quality but is not as good for gaming.

>>51622894
why the fuck are you replying to my post with that question?
but whatever ill answer.
>bugs
>you fuck up and kill your phone
>>
>>51622907

Actually fuck that. Anon call Adobe directly or speak to them on chat and they should give you some specs to look for in a laptop for your gf.
>>
>>51622932
Because your'e the answer man.
Also thanks bro, what's the odds of getting a brick if I root a HTC m8?
>>
>>51622791
I've tried the Logitech g440 and the Coolermaster Speed-rXL, the first is hard and the latter a cloth pad
>>
>>51622932

Yeah, I currently use kat.cr but I've been on PTG's on /g/ and ended up getting into Anime Bytes and HDtime had open registration so why not see what they have.
>>
Is there any way to get awesome menu to autogen from gnome menu?
>>
>>51622952
very low if you're not retarded.

>>51622974
something wrong with your mouse sensor. look if there's hair or dirt. try different ports. update drivers and firmware.

>>51622982
fair enough.
>>
>>51622932
>>51622813

>>HP
>>highest malfunction rates on laptops of all brands
>you're dumb.

More people need to read this.
>>
/sqt/men, what's the bestest best printer? I'm tired of my Epson being a shit and I'm looking for recommendations if you have any.

>>51622784
>Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Macbooks are popular in that sector. Look up the requirements of the software and see if it's a good match.

>GTX 950
It's nvidia's attempt at entry-level graphics. It will serve well for casual gaymen.
>>
>>51623048

To be completely honest with you. A printer that does just that. Print.
>>
>>51622932
>>51622791
i derped. the website for notebooks is:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/
>>
>>51623048
>>51623073
xerox
>>
File: 1448507005080.gif (1 MB, 300x157) Image search: [Google]
1448507005080.gif
1 MB, 300x157
Ok guys. I'm finally upgrading to PC gaymon master race, but I need more Ram and I don't have good enough internet speed to download more. So,

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Ballistix-PC3-12800-BLS2KIT4G3D1609DS1S00-BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00/dp/B006WAGGUK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1448937402&sr=1-1&keywords=Crucial+Ballistix+Sport+8GB+Kit+%284GBx2%29+DDR3+1600+%28PC3-12800%29+240-Pin+UDIMM+Memory+BLS2KIT4G3D1609DS1S00%2FBLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00

I want to buy this, but I'm not sure if my motherboard can support/handle it.

I have a [ Dell Inc. 0Y2MRG (CPU 1) ]
Motherboard.

I have tried looking on forums but most said something along the lines of ''I don't know but buy from Dell just to be safe'''
>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826794008

Any opinions on this mouse? It looks green and stupid, but I can't find a better mouse for this price.
>>
>>51623110

Please be bait.
>>
Pluto was discovered by a farm boy and not a person with a doctorate in philosophy degree. This means that pluto cannot be considered a serious planet, but by definition is only considered a planet by astronomy enthusiasts.
>>
File: 1448251882404.jpg (101 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
1448251882404.jpg
101 KB, 640x636
>>51623154
I'd rather look stupid for free than make a 500$ fuck up.

So it can take the ram?
>>
File: ss (2015-11-30 at 08.46.02).jpg (72 KB, 1229x206) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-30 at 08.46.02).jpg
72 KB, 1229x206
HDD guy from earlier.

I hooked the HDD up to my laptop via USB cable.

When I click on it (F drive) the green loading bar slowly moves across the address bar until it gets to position in pic related and stops.

Is it supposed to take awhile or is something wrong? It's been unmoving for about 10-15 minutes.
>>
I want to get a cheap or decent mobo for my FX 8350, what are my choices?
When it comes to mobos I have no idea what I'm looking at.
>>
File: 1448610049551.jpg (17 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
1448610049551.jpg
17 KB, 306x165
>>51623198

I really really want to believe you but I'm settling for bait.
>>
>>51623153
meh. look for a steelseries, zowie or logitech in your price range. you can find older models (still brand new in box) from many sellers for decent prices.

>>51623198
look at your motherboard specs.
look at your RAM specs.
see if they match.

>>51623229
it's busted. you could try the fridge-trick.
>>
>>51622813
>>51622907
>>51622932
>>51623048

She is currently borrowing a Macbook and swears up and down it's worse than her old toaster that randomly burst into flames and burned her favorite countertops, so I don't think she'd go for a Macbook. When she compares something to the toaster I know her hatred is genuine.

I'll try to get a few different choices depending on her budget, maybe an HP or Asus, with that 4GB of ram that anon mentioned. Thanks anons
>>
is there any way to change my windows 7 home premium oem key to a pro oem key without reinstalling?

I've tried the change key option and anytime upgrade
>>
>>51623265

If you are willing to wait a bit. I'll do the research for you right now.
>>
>>51623262
>fridge-trick.
... How long should I leave it in the fridge?

Also does it matter that the hard drive is vertical? I couldn't place it anywhere level horizontally so I stoop it up on it's end.
>>
>>51623110
yes, it supports it. however your motherboard only supports up to 1333 mhz, and that ram is 1600 mhz, which means it will be underclocked and you can probably buy cheaper ram somewhere else with a lower clock speed.
>>
File: ss (2015-11-30 at 08.52.37).png (31 KB, 400x441) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-30 at 08.52.37).png
31 KB, 400x441
>>51623299
>>51623262
Should I update the drivers or that dumb?
>>
whats better for sound quality and positional sound in games, speakers or headphones?
>>
>>51622376
>>51622458
>>51622529
so turns out i (fairly awkwardly) didn't have the ram pushed all the way into the slot. now i can boot to bios but not to windows, i just get the flashing underscore on a black screen. is this something related to new hardware in bios or should i reset my hdd connections or something
>>
>>51623340
headphones, and that's a pretty damn stupid question
>>
>>51623340
Beats head phones, the best ever made.
>>
>>51623296
I'd appreciate that immensely anon. Also I stumbled upon this laptop with a pretty big discount. What's your opinion on it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834261186&ignorebbr=1
>>
>>51623359
why
>>
>>51623355
most likely means it can't detect your hdd, try seeing if it's in the boot menu
>>
>>51623265

Again, NOT HP
>>
>>51623373

>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834261186&ignorebbr=1

I'll check that laptop out now and I'll get to it now then. I was a g.design major as well (in HS and college) and still do design on the side.
>>
>>51623381
good headphones are easier than good speakers
>>
>>51623381
probably bait but you get way more bang for your buck with headphones, not to mention portability and less noise to annoy other people around you
>>
Anyone know what the best deal on a laptop in the $200-350 range is? I'm looking for one that I can use to watch movies and play some older games while traveling. Doesn't have to be anything amazing, but none of this tablet masquerading as a laptop shit.
>>
File: face transformation.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
face transformation.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>51623315
>>51623315
THANK YOU.

I appreciate that anon. The sites I've came across just went back and forth. I had a prebuilt xps 8300 shit and I'm slowly upgrading it.

I will probably buy a new motherboard down the line but that will be after I get my Nvidia 960 and new PSU

At least Dell was somewhat less dickish enough to put in a nice i5
>>
>>51623386
Don't listen to this guy. GO hp all the way. She will love how it almost seemlessly runs both Ms paint and windows at the same time.
>>
>>51623373

Also, what is the budget
>>
>>51623431
buy a chromebook and put linux on it. i recommend the acer c720, it's 200 bucks and it's one of the most well supported by the linux community
>>
>>51623265
>maybe HP
please dont.

>>51623270
yes. google it.

>>51623299
a few hours to make sure the cold penetrates into the center to all the drive platters. 3-4 maybe.
flat or 90 degree.

>>51623337
HDDs dont really need to update, i bet there arent even any newer available.

>>51623340
7.1 surround headphones

>>51623381
because the left and right audio channels dont mix before hitting your ear-drums makes it easier to detect which side the sound is coming from.

>>51623444
really, nigger?
>>
>>51623340

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-4/dp/B00HVBPRUO

Look no further, I bought them used for 40$ and they are very good ! It literally has a feature for positional sound and I was very surprised at how well they sounded.

If you are thinking for headphone's for music just buy MDR V6.
>>
File: 9Mw8oJZ.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
9Mw8oJZ.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>51623386
>>51623444
>get told no HPs
>get told try an HP

>>51623420
Thanks again anon. I remember saying her budget is around 500 dollars but it can be a little lower or higher
[spoiler]Is /g/ always this nice? Fuck, why don't I come here more often?[/spoiler]
>>
>>51623373
that's not very good for media editing.
>>
>>51623455

The problem I have with these things is hard drive space. I cant stand these tiny ass SSDs. I'd rather have a HDD with 500GB so I can fill it up with whatever shit I want than 32GB SSD.
>>
>>51623471

No, it most definitely isn't and that guy is just baiting you, DO NOT BUY HP.

It's because of the thread you are in and because I guess friendly anon's atm. Alright, I'll give you some recommendation soon.
>>
>>51623471
see image here: >>51623463
>>
File: 45578789789.jpg (61 KB, 634x423) Image search: [Google]
45578789789.jpg
61 KB, 634x423
A phone the seize of a Moto G but not an iPhone?
>>
I have the opportunity to buy an IBM 5150 for $20, but it does not power up. Is it worth it?
>>
File: 1369493951621.jpg (103 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1369493951621.jpg
103 KB, 512x512
>>51623253
>>
>>51623471
Mm, no spoilers here. Don't I look silly?

>>51623487
>>51623496
>>51623504

Alright, no HPs for sure. My computer is an Asus and I've gotten a long life out of it so I'll probably try to stay with the brand for now
>>
>>51623493
fair enough, i just bought a tiny 128gb flash drive and left it in one of the usb ports all the time. that + putting a 128gb ssd in the laptop didn't really leave me with any space problems
>>
>>51623505
moto e
>>
>>51623506
do you know how to repair it?

>>51623253
>>51623510
X99 mobo with good reviews on newegg.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-30+at+10.03.51).jpg (95 KB, 661x468) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-30+at+10.03.51).jpg
95 KB, 661x468
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160168&cm_re=e2752she-_-24-160-168-_-Product

Staples has got it for 30 bucks less should i got for it?
>>
>>51623385
it is yea, i was also just on the same computer like four hours ago uninstalling graphics drivers before i installed the new hardware
>>
>>51623496
Hp is the Shit. I have use Hp since '93.
Just get the Hp and be happy. Only neckbeards have this weird hate for them. I can run both the OS and up to 3 small applications without any lag or malfunctions.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.