[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
$1000 for a rig, Not including Monitor/Peripherals - +/- $50
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: wwydwith1000.png (161 KB, 802x1424) Image search: [Google]
wwydwith1000.png
161 KB, 802x1424
$1000 for a rig, Not including Monitor/Peripherals

- +/- $50 is fine
- MiR's don't count towards the final price
- Shipping isn't counted

I think I would build pic related. My last three PC's were AMD/AMD So I would really like Intel this time. I would go with Nvidia just for the sake of change but they don't really have a comparable mid-range card around $230. I went with the AiO Corsair because I've had the 212+ on a few rig and while it works great its fucking huge and currently I cant even close the side panel on my Fractal Core 1000 Mid Tower because the copper nubs expand past the case opening, so essentially I went form over function though I have read people using it on OC'd skylake i5's with acceptable results.

I'm sure someone will call out some item and start a shitfest, when they do please just ignore it, If I actually had cash in hand I would put more research into every item and might make different decisions, but this is pretend land.
>>
>ram way too expensive for only 16GB
>mobo way too expensive for your minute usage
>cheaping out a fucking lot on the GPU
>falling for the closed loop "watercooling" meme
>bronze PSU

Apply yourself, do the research, polite sage.
>>
>>51617395
Doing this now, Looking for a ridiculous color scheme for the entire build might take a bit.
>>
>>51617457
I know I shouldn't respond but its a DDR4 Board, $170 isnt "way to expensive" on a $1000 build.

Again, DDR4 Ram, its more expensive because its "new!" 16gb is around $100 from all manufacturers.

I wanted a cooler with a small footprint, watercooling works fine, falling for the "watercooling is a meme" meme

Had to make a sacrifice with the PSU to fit the budget but itll work just fine.

You do realize this whole thread is for fun right? I even used the words "Pretend land" at the end and you still had the need to respond like I was really purchasing all this.

lighten up boy
>>
File: ecs-board[1].jpg (125 KB, 600x611) Image search: [Google]
ecs-board[1].jpg
125 KB, 600x611
>>51617466
I give up, its easy to find hideous cases but now a days pretty much all new hardware has PCB's that are black with colored accents.

seemingly gone are the days of pic related
>>
>>51617847
RIP that beast

Athlon 64 am2 mobo and supported crossfire, it was born too soon :(
>>
>>51617561
>Getting this butthurt over criticism
I'm not even that guy, but are you joking OP? A 170$ MOBO is fucking ridiculous, especially since the GPU you're buying isn't exactly top tier. Also, the RAM is way to expensive for 16 gb, you could get the same performance from the 80-90$ 16gb sets on sale now. Case & PSU is aight, but you could upgrade to a 650w or 750w gold tier PSU for 15-25 more dollars, which might be worthwhile. Unless you plan to upgrade the fuck out of this in the future, you won't even need more than 550w to be honest. Same goes for liquid cooling, I don't see why you'd opt for it over air, get an EVO for half the price.

If you change the MOBO, Cooler, & RAM you could easily save over 100$ and put that into a better GPU & PSU.
>>
>>51618206
I don't really care what he wrote, annoyed by the fact his response was nothing more then the generic /g/ reply, picking apart a build list because someone picked what you or the bandwagon doesn't like.

he didn't even read the entire post, which says I have no intention of buying any of these parts and if I did have $1000 I would do more research and probably wouldn't end up with half this stuff.

Thread was intended to be entertaining for those who wanted to see what they and other would come up with for $1000, but /g/ doesnt have nice things.
>>
>>51617395
This is shit.
>>
>all that money spent and getting a 280x
The fuck.
>>
>>51618345
>Person raises valid criticisms of your build, isn't even mean about it, just blunt.
>Instantly get defensive and attack the validity of his concerns by saying that he only doesn't like it because /g/ doesn't like it.
Wew lad
>>
>>51618548
>Your build
>still doesn't understand the point of the entire thread
>>
>>51617395
ne1 mind rating this build for a friend?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8DvCHx

Thank you
>>
>>51618608
>B-b-b-but muh fun easy going thread!
>Lighten up guys!
The only person getting butthurt and defensive is you, m8. Your hypothetical build is not good, there's nothing wrong with pointing that out, get over it and stop acting like a bitch, Christ.

>>51618619
>Two aftermarket CPU coolers
I'm assuming this is an error?

Other than that it looks decent but it could be improved without raising costs imo. For starters, switch to a 2x4 set of 8gb ram it should only be a few more bucks I wager. Case is overkill, there are plenty of 50-75$ cases (especially with all the recent sales) that will get the job done. There are some gold tier 650-750w Corsair PSUs on sale for like 89-99$, switch to that. Could probably also save 20-25$ on the motherboard, but that's his call. I'd also upgrade the SSD to an 850 EVO 240gb that's on sale for 79$ right now. All in all you'll probably have 75-100$ knocked off the original price after you make the changes I suggested. Could use this to probably upgrade to a 390x.
>>
>>51618779
Yeah that was an error, and thanks for the suggestions man, We'll look for some of the deals you mentioned.
>>
>>51618779
>+10 eToughGuy points

Point out the parts, thats fine, but do so staying within the topic of the thread and post a better build. instead of reverting to the /g/ default of faggotry and thread derailment.
>>
>>51618862
Here's a quick build for the same price as the one you posted. Since this is now with an
R90 in mind, I upgraded the mobo just because there was left over money, the original one would be fine though.
https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

>>51618923
Sorry OP, this is now a thread for actual WIP builds, not your stupid imaginary shit.
>>
>"this is now a thread for actual WIP builds,not your stupid imaginary shit."
>Posts a link to nothing

Sums up /g/ perfectly
>>
>>51619240
nice part list faggot
>>
>>51619240
I think you accidentally forgot the permanent link
>>51619290
This edgelord isn't me, thanks for taking the time to doublecheck my work
>>
>>51619240
Whoops, forgot about the permalink, my bad.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Xzc7Q7

Anyways, this build is about the same price and will be much better than just the 390

>>51619290
>>51619280
Why are you getting so flustered?
>>
>>51619366
>ddr3-2400
>those timings
>that psu
>>
>>51619366
Fuck, just 20 bucks more for yours with a 390x, I dunno if he knows the difference, but I'll impress that upon him.

>>51619439
What's wrong with the psu? Got any constructive advice?
>>
>>51619439
That was the wrong PSU, meant to link this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139143&cm_re=650w_gold-_-17-139-143-_-Product

Same price due to cyber monday

Don't see what's wrong with that RAM in particular, but it probably would be best to switch to 1866 Gskill instead now that I think about it.
>>
>>51619528
There's nothing wrong with that PSU, it's gold standard and is well reviewed. That being said, it's slightly cheaper in terms of quality compared to the one that I linked in >>51619569

So, there's no reason to buy it when you can get a better one for the same price. That being said, the build I posted probably won't be the same price in a few days since a lot of it is taking advantage of sales going on. Your friend will need to pull the trigger relatively soon.
>>
>>51619602
Yeah I'm trying to get him to at least commit to the ones with the most off tonight so he doesn't regret it later. Thanks again chum.
>>
>>51619719
No problem, hope he ends up with a rig he's happy with.
>>
>>51617847
I miss my cartridge pentium3 motherboard. It was green brown with camo pcie slots.
>>
>tfw read 1000 bucks build and took like 5 mins to build a solid 1k build
>read OP posts
>check his image
>shitpost, shitpost everywhere

Here it is for anyone else who got suckered into this thread.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mzPHCJ

As for OP apply yourself.
>>
>>51621149
If you had an extra $200, what would you change?
>$1200 budget for just the tower
>>
File: th.jpg (57 KB, 612x666) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
57 KB, 612x666
>>
>>51621328
Call me boring but I would only add a 980 Ti to the build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/C92NdC
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.