[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you use Void Linux? >Fastest init ever >Fastest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1449281028387.png (984 KB, 1133x828) Image search: [Google]
1449281028387.png
984 KB, 1133x828
Why don't you use Void Linux?

>Fastest init ever
>Fastest package manager
>Very basic system
>>
dumb hamsterposter
>>
>>51617159

Because I use wangblows

What manga?
>>
looks interesting
>>
>>51617159
I just found out about it.

Is that a valid reason?
>>
>>51617159
>not gentoo
TRASH
R
A
S
H
>>
There are quite a few programs not available so I'll wait until it's a bit more mature. Honestly though I'm happy with funtoo overall.
>>
Because unlike you, I'm not very basic.
>>
>>51619496
There are fuckall packages available in the repos and they don't do any useful checks on stability, compatibility and the likes.
Also, github-hosted packages.
>>
>>51617159
Will it run on 256mb ram?
If yes then I just might use it.
If nobthen you can fuck ofd, cunt.
>>
But I do. And I <3 it.

But seriously, it is a great blend of minimal, but still usable software. It's running quite well on my 10 year old laptop with LXQt, and one again runit and xbps are amazing.

Sadly musl isn't compiled for i368 systems, and emacs is (for now) only available on glib.

One concern I have is the quality for their website (s). It doesn't really look professional or uniformly made. The forum, the site, the wiki and the contributions platform (github) all have entirely different styles. But that's irrelevant for the system itself.

>>51619589
I use it on my pi and it uses ~20-30 MB ram (headless, with active ssh session)

>>51619537
What programmes do you need.
>>
>>51620432
>What programmes do you need.
Mostly audio programs (sequencers, daws, plugins). I could probably get by with it but it's just more hassle than it is worth for me right now.
>>
I-Is it hard to install?
>>
>>51620920
No, not at all.
>>
>>51620920
>Void Linux
i will check it on arm orange pi
thanks op
>>
>rolling release
This keeps on the fence.

Also it sounds like the sort of distro that doesn't include firmware blobs because they're not free
>>
>>51617159
package quality sucks dick
got tired of my system being broken over and over
>>
>>51621066
>Also it sounds like the sort of distro that doesn't include firmware blobs because they're not free
What makes you make such an unfounded accusation as that?
>>
>>51620432
Thanks. Tiny core was boring, this looks a lot more interesting.
Thanks.
The 200mb one, that's without a de, isn't it?
>>
>>51617159
will do, if i overwrite the musl install i have now
>can't install proprietary drivers or steam

what is that for anyways?
>>
>>51617159

Okay what's that sexy pantsu manga called?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.