[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When smartphones run Java applications, are they barraged with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0
When smartphones run Java applications, are they barraged with security warnings and "this application is from an unidentified developer. Please authenticate" bullcrap?

I'm asking because I'd like to make an application in Java, but if this is how it behaves, I might think otherwise. Thank you!
>>
Please help!!
>>
>>51613680
1) Pay fee and register
2) Get your app in Google Play/Store or App Store
3) No more warnings
>>
I guess I'd also like to know for iPad products also.
>>
>>51613680
I have no experience running anything on a mobile device in Java outside of a browser, OP.

I'm still going to have to ask you for source, though.
>>
>>51613680
No.
>>
how can you actually be a developer and not know the entire android ui is java
>>
>>51613869
I don't use android devices. Hard to believe. I know.
>>
>>51613680
who is this semen demon?
>>
Have you ever used a smartphone?
>>
>>51613680
Who is this phallus chalice?
>>
>>51613680
>>>/soc/
>>
>>51616783

Alinity
>>
OP there is a difference between web-deployed java applets and native Java apps on Android

And I also think if you want ANYONE to actually use your app it'll need to be native, smartphone users almost never go to the web for new stuff they start with apps
>>
>>51616846
>Male
>>
>>51613680
>didn't spend the 30 seconds needed to figure out android is built almost entirely on java.
Your app will be shit, I can tell.
>>
Like .jar ?
Android up to 4.4 can run .jar applets iirc
>>
>>51613751
>I guess I'd also like to know for iPad products also.
Apple does not allow Java on any iOS device.
>>
>>51613680
You have the weirdest questions.

Android runs Java as natively as it gets and it's the de-factor programming language for Android. Of course you can use C/C++ but that would be a pain in the ass.

iOS on the other hand is Objective-C / Swift.

Your best shot for cross-platform stuff is React Native. It's 100% JavaScript and pretty nice to program.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.