[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so why is bloatware on phones all that much of a bad thing? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (110 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
110 KB, 1280x853
so why is bloatware on phones all that much of a bad thing? I wanted to get an LG phone in the future because of their great cameras,beautiful screens, slim bezels, removable battery, expandable storage and overall nice price-quality ratio, but many people say they're shit because of the amount of bloatware. does this really bring down the user experience all that much?
>>
>>51609376
I don't think the g4 is bloated, if you want true bloat, look at any Samsung phone or the zenphone 2. Bloatware can be annoying as it usually lags the OS up a bit and takes space, and worse of all, usually can't be removed without root.

The only problem is defining what is bloatware. Sometimes oems add in actual useful features in their roms like split screen mode in touchwiz and the lg ui, and other things like the god tier Sony walkman app. But then there's actually shit and that I think is what can be defined as bloatware as it has no real use and just takes up space and resources.

This can all be avoided obviously if you just buy a phone with a rom with little bloat like what Motorola has done and the nexus series or you can just root your phone anyways and remove it all or flash a custom rom.
>>
>>51609376
Out of all of the big phone manufacturers that don't run stock which is most of them but the nexus phones, LG has the least bloat overall.
Its pretty minimal and honestly if you care that much you're probably going to flash a custom rom anyway.
>>
Im on an LG G3 at the moment and all i can say is LG's software can hardly be considered 'bloat', they are very unobtrusive most of the time.

Event their stock launcher isnt that bad.
>>
>>51609778
>can't be removed without root
There are people who don't root their phones?
>>
>>51611141
Must people, who are illiterate faggots, don't understand that there is a better way.
>>
>>51611300
Nobody should care about illiterate faggots. What's more important is why would those illiterate faggots be visiting /g/?
>>
>>51611141
Sony removes the DRM keys for the camera if you root your phone.
>>
>>51611577
>DRM keys for the camera
What?
>>
>>51611577
Except there's multiple ways to preserve them that you can find within 2 minutes of google.
>>
>>51611602
Sony locks the algorithms for some of the camera modes behind drm.

>>51611616
Not for the Z5.
>>
>>51611641
Why would you buy a Z5?
>>
>>51611686
I'm a masochist.
>>
>>51611699
Then why are you whining about being fucked in the ass?
>>
>>51611713
I'm not.
I'm explaining why i didn't root my phone.
>>
>>51611141
I don't have my Xperia rooted
>>
>>51611141
Yeah.

Some phones CAN'T be rooted. Some lose certain features when rooted. Some people don't root because they want to keep their warranty (americans think that rooting can break hardware lol).
>>
>>51611821
>Some phones CAN'T be rooted. Some lose certain features when rooted. Some people don't root because they want to keep their warranty
Then don't buy such a phone. Do some research dammit
>>
>>51611836
>Then don't buy such a phone
What about people who don't value root-ability over the other features of the phone?
>>
>>51611854
You mean normies? Normies have no business being on /g/.
>>
>>51611836
Nah man, I'm rooted, myself, but I'm simply stating that some phones are really locked down.
>>
>>51611866
And those phones deserve to be avoided, not fucking apologized for.
>>
>>51611842

Go into Settings - Apps - and disable anything you don't want showing up. Either that or get a custom ROM on it. If you can root the stock ROM you can use Titanium Backup (the pay version) to actually uninstall some system apps permanently from the device (they don't come back after a reboot either).

Custom ROM is still the best solution, or a debloated stock ROM depending on the device.
>>
>>51611842
You have to install a completely different ROM, which Samsung has kindly made impossible on a few models so good luck. Samsung puts their bloatware in the section that android treats as vital system shit that users shouldn't touch so it's impossible to remove.
>>
>>51611917

Samsung gs6 is a good example. Verizon specifically, the phone is locked down by Samsung and carriers.

There's the KNOX counter, a trip wire made only to void warranties if users try anything unapproved.

The phone is rootable only on 5.0.2.
>>
>>51609376
>Bloatware is good.

Why the fuck do you want unwanted program using up your resources on your phone while you running demand programs? It's fucks your system performance speed, storage, battery life, and ram.

Bloatware fucks up low-end phone which need as much as power/storage as possible to be usable.. I will pretty much avoid low-end Samsung phones for this reason in the future.

>>51611854
>What about people who don't value root-ability over the other features of the phone?

You can always unroot your phone, but you shouldn't buy a phone that removes features if you root it. All root does is give escalation of privileged to yourself. You shouldn't be punished just because you want full control of your phone.
>>
>>51611300

>I'm so super awesome because I rooted my phone!

nah bro, you're a dork with an inferiority complex
>>
Anyone use kingroot before? Or any of those one click... For my phone the only options I seem to have is using one of those or a old Kitkat version pre rooted..
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.