[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is paying 600 dollars for a dedicated music player a bit over the top?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: UI_Hi-Res-e3-Large.jpg (129 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
UI_Hi-Res-e3-Large.jpg
129 KB, 1000x663
is paying 600 dollars for a dedicated music player a bit over the top?
>>
Of course not!
>>
All sony needed to do is make a sensibly priced music player with a microSD slot.
What the fuck are they thinking?
Who buys a $600 unitasker these days?
>>
>>51607345
audiophiles
>>
Of fucking course it is holy shit.
All you need is a cheap player that has a huge capacity or at least removable storage.
If it has a shitty sound just buy a cheapass 20 dollar DAC for it and presto you just saved yourself 550 buckaroos
>>
Audiophiles would buy a 6000 dollar product if there were one.
>>
>>51607422
Pretty sure there are a couple priced around there
>>
I work in HiFi store and spend all day every day setting people up with ABX tests for all sorts of gear.

There are very few people whose hearing is good enough and whose stash of music is of high enough quality (production quality, not file type/bitrate) to warrant something like this.

If you test it out and hear a difference against a lesser product, great. Just try to remember that your brain will make the one you want (for any other reason) sound better cos brains are good like that.

I own a Sandisk Clip Jam stashed with 32GB of 320KB MP3s. And I only own it because my phone has no microSD slot and pretty dirty power and hum. Couldn't be happier for a mobile solution.

Before spending that money, please go and find a tool online where you can test yourself with 320KB MP3 vs FLAC. If you can't score higher than 75% accuracy or so then consider saving your money and buying a cheap player plus literally hundreds of dollars worth of other stuff.

Or give to charity, even if you did work hard for the money.
>>
holy shit that thing is ugly
>>
>>51607626
Work of beauty desu
>>
>>51607274
You could have a smartphone that plays music just fine for 10 hours for ~$100 (+ SD card). And it does everything else a smartphone does, too!

Or you can have a dedicated player if you must have it for some reason for $40.
>>
>>51607274
Yes, it doesn't even cost $100 to buy an iPod Classic or Mini and drop in an mSATA SSD or CF card
>>
File: HiResAudiologoWeb.jpg (92 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
HiResAudiologoWeb.jpg
92 KB, 1200x1200
>>51607274
The biggest bullshit ever made, pic related
>>
No, it's a totally justified price.
>>
>>51607962
Why?
>>
Yes my phone does the job just fine
>>
>>51607941
this

192/24 is a joke
>>
>>51607274
No.
Buy portable music player
Copy all soundgasm file
hardcore fap
>>
>>51607941
just ike HD
>>
>>51608055

Top quality. No regrets. You only live once.
>>
I bought the Fiio X5 2nd Gen for $300 and I couldn't be happier. The SQ is amazing.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.