[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Tell /g/ about your autism traits in technology.

For me, every server I administrate must be in perfect condition and follow RFC standards. I also can't accept a change to my programming code and progress forward unless it's perfect and correct. This is also what makes developing new software very difficult for me; I can't accept errors in the code, so I prefer to work on existing programming projects instead.

If someone doesn't do what I think is a best practice, I get really upset and angry. If I'm working with someone, everyone has to do the same as I do for myself to feel happy.

If I have a cosmetic scratch on a computer or whatever, I am probably going to replace it if I see it daily. I just can't stand it, it hurts. It took me over two weeks to adjust to a small scratch on my previous monitor, which was not on the panel but on the frame. I replaced the monitor some months after.

If someone talks about Linux being an operating system, I usually interrupt them to say "GNU/Linux" quickly and silently pressure them to use the right words. Same goes for "piracy" and other words that Stallman wants to avoid using.

One of my tulpas is scared of loud noises and she cheers for autism. I don't even. I'm not scared of loud noises (although I used to be while I was a child) and it doesn't even make me angry.

Despite all this, I am actually not clinically proven to be autistic.

Perhaps I'm not the only one on /g/, so let's hear about it.
>>
>>51607204
I really really really like this pasta.

Can I save it?
>>
>>51607331
I didn't expect someone to think this to be pasta, 'cause I'm generally curious to discuss about this. It's not supposed to be about myself.

If you must, I dedicate this text >>51607204 to public domain under CC0. So feel free to do whatever you want with it.
>>
>>51607362
>>
i wish i was autistic school would be easy
>>
File: g technology.jpg (193 KB, 1254x808) Image search: [Google]
g technology.jpg
193 KB, 1254x808
Bump for OP. I'm going to bed.
>>
Good thread
>>
>>51607204

I cry silently every time I do work at some of the branch offices I look after.

The comms cabinets are an absolute spaghetti mess, but I only ever have enough time to patch the thing I wanted to patch and leave. Contributing to the unholy mess and hating myself for it.

I will never have cleanly managed cables, no one will schedule an outage to tidy up the cables. ; _ ;
>>
>>51609291
Those cables must be a tripping hazard. A maintainance should be justified on the basis that in case of emergency, it will be much faster to recover from an accident to reduce downtime.
>>
>If someone talks about Linux being an operating system, I usually interrupt them to say "GNU/Linux"

here you have away that youre trolling. good pasta until then.
>>
>>51607448
School's not easy for me. I have to fight with teachers about how I'm unwilling to use proprietary software.

Despite this, I achieved 50 out of 120 credits on first year where my other classmates had the regular 40 credits (3 year education).
>>
>>51609578
What I said is true though. I've already said I need to be correct to make myself happy, and I need others to act like me.

And come on, it's not pasta.
>>
File: 1388786232903.jpg (489 KB, 1280x1731) Image search: [Google]
1388786232903.jpg
489 KB, 1280x1731
>>51607204
tl;dr can you keept it short?
>>
>>51607204
I like to keep my things in minty condition too OP. But it happens... When it happens just learn from it and never do it again. Right now I have snapped the plastic tabs for my Bitfenix case, scuffed my headphone stack amp by tugging the cord, dropped my headphones accidentally because my chair arm rest. I don't lend my things to other people because it comes back scratched to hell even if it's not noticeable.
>>
>>51607204
Oh yeah one more thing. I hoard the retail boxes of things and I fuck it up when I open it and the cardboard gets torn.
>>
Not exactly /g/ related but it takes me almost a whole day in order to get enough courage to buy anything, including tech, even if it's as little as £70. I'm not even poor.
>>
>>51610739
kike blood
>>
>>51609731
whos this fucking whore slut
>>
>>51610739
I know that feel. I blame the fact that I'm related to Jewish bankers.. So yeah, kike blood
>>
>>51610739
I thought it was common sense to wait at least one full night of sleep before buying anything (other than food)
>>
>>51607204
>One of my tulpas
I'm sorry, is that a pet or something?
>>
>>51607204
oh my god the actually convinced all the perfectionists they're actually autistic

dude autism has to do with vitamin D not adhering correctly so you don't have the energy to socialize, and everyone has that to an extent. Even "normal" people are somewhere on the high functioning autism spectrum.
>>
>>51610927
I forgot to mention since everyone has it, the less vitamin D you take in the more autistic/socially inept you get. And if people treat you like shit while you're growing up you end up even more socially inept because of your own experience.

The thing behind autistic kids "looking funny" was that most people with other disorders or nutrient deficiencies ended up made fun of for it, told they were different even though they felt the same, and then convinced they were different.
>>
I fucked up my work for electronics engineering semester final today. I drilled a hole too big and had earlier lost a non-replaceable component, so I gave up. I'm probably becoming a NEET again, not to mention I am two months late in the assignment.

I can't do my work when my school doesn't have the right drill sizes and workspaces.
>>
>>51607204
>every server I administrate must follow RFC standards
what kind of standards?

well, this is not related to technology, but I HATE noises and noisy environments.
>>
File: 1388786403309.jpg (563 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1388786403309.jpg
563 KB, 1280x1707
>>51610792
Danni Meow :3
>>
>>51609731
Top slag.
Garter belts are goat
>>
>>51610894
I've never heard of this but it's actually pretty good advice
>>
>>51610894
I usually use 3day term. If after 3 days i still want that thing i usually buy it
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.