[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw the '3.5mm Jack' Memer was on the money ht
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
File: iphone-7-hajek.jpg (60 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
iphone-7-hajek.jpg
60 KB, 1024x512
>mfw the '3.5mm Jack' Memer was on the money
http://9to5mac.com/2015/11/27/iphone-7-headphone-jack-lightning/

It would be a very appley thing to do. 3.5mm jacks are thick and deep. And apple has never been one to support old technology when there is room for improvement. Will kinda suck though as i have a stockpile of apple buds that will be useless. I guess i can sell them to poorfags that wish to look like they have an iPhone.
>>
So what? A third party adapter will come out for a few dollars
>>
>Will kinda suck though as i have a stockpile of apple buds that will be useless. I guess i can sell them to poorfags that wish to look like they have an iPhone.
they already are faggot
no one wants that shit
>>
>>51603226
i'm not having some shit bulky adaptor just so i can plug my headphones in. Especially when running with it in my pocket. the new phones will come with new headphones
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 1500x1120) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 1500x1120
>>51603177
i am a apple fan and let me tell you, being an apple user is actually a great thing. we have beautiful products and we have ugly products. just like any company. tim cook for 1 is a great person, makes great products, and takes care of every one that is in his customer base and is glad to do it, and for that he has people that love him around him. also, apple products are one of the best profucts you can have. sometimes they can be really restricted, but they will take care of you no matter what, and the genius bar will help you buy what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish shithead. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and an online community that we all love and helps us eat shit out of our hands.
>>
>>51603246
Just consider it part of your headphones and not your phone.. to easy :)
>>
>>51603227
they are the best stock buds by miles. deal with it poorafg
>>
>you will never have an iphone5plus
It would be nice if they just kept the thickness of the iphone 5 but just made it bigger, I don't need a paper thin phone. That and the rounded edge of the iphone 6 looks like shit, soon it will look like a bar of soap.
>>
>>51603295
I care about thinness to a point, especially in laptops, but iPhones were thin enough ages ago. I'd rather bigger batteries.
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 640x1136
>>51603295
The 5s was top tier Apple design.

After that it stated going downhill.

I don't want a God damn mini tablet.

After my 5s shits out it may be time for me to jump ship.
>>
>>51603177
the 3.5mm memer was an apple employee confirmed
>>
>>51603251

i am a apple fan too and let me tell you, being an apple user is actually a great thing. we have beautiful products and we have ugly products. just like any company. tim cook for 1 is a great person, makes great products, and takes care of every one that is in his customer base and is glad to do it, and for that he has people that love him around him. also, apple products are one of the best profucts you can have. sometimes they can be really restricted, but they will take care of you no matter what, and the genius bar will help you buy what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish shithead. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and an online community that we all love and helps us eat shit out of our hands
>>
>>51603439
wtf was the point of that picture?
>>
>>51603518
i think to prove he owned an iphone or something
>>
>>51603541
pretty retarded eh
>>
>>51603439
5s was the last iPhone that Jobs worked on and it shows.
>>
>>51603439
fucking lold desu senpai
>>
>>51603439
i love the 6/6S design. the old blocky ones look super dated now. I also love the screen size. i had a 6 first, and now have a 6S plus. I can't even tell by looking at it that is is bigger than my 5.

I know why apple a keep making it thinner: Less materials, cheaper, and more aesthetic appeal.
But at this point i'd just rather better speakers, better battery, flush camera, etc
>>
>>51603602
Jobs was great, Cook is better. Adapt
>>
>>51603602
jobs was dead before the 5 came out dude
>>
File: mbvtVBxdHbt_mij0mdajylg.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
mbvtVBxdHbt_mij0mdajylg.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>51603177
Truely Apple is innovative, who else could bring back '90's to yearly '00's headphone design?
>>
File: iPhone6s+.jpg (77 KB, 1072x800) Image search: [Google]
iPhone6s+.jpg
77 KB, 1072x800
>>51603634
Jobs would not have allowed pic-related. He would have 32Gb as the base storage.

>>51603671
Jobs worked on the 5 before his death as far as I know
>>
>>51603704
Jobs Jewed the customer more than Cook does
>>
>>51603678
who said anything about innovation? Pretty telling that you associate anything apple with innovation though
>>
>>51603576
If I didn't there's always people who cry "YOU DONT EVEN OWN AN IPHONE POOR POOR POOR!"

>>51603609
We just have a different taste in aesthetics, I personally prefer the blocky design. I mean I own a Memepad as well.

>>51603634
But, I'm not going to lie, I liked Jobs aesthetics better.

He never would have allowed two different sizes of phones in the same generation.

>>51603671
He worked on the design
>>
File: memeface.png (666 KB, 960x854) Image search: [Google]
memeface.png
666 KB, 960x854
>>51603704
>He would have 32Gb as the base storage
>>
>>51603763
>He never would have allowed two different sizes of phones in the same generation.
How can you say that with a straight face? Jobs had different sized iPads, different sized macs, different sized MacBooks, etc. Jobs was smart. Making different sized iPhones for different people's preferences is smart.
>>
>>51603800
But never with the phones

He wanted the phones to be a uniform size for each generation so people would always recognize an iPhone
>>
>>51603831
His mind was not frozen in time though. He was a smart guy, i'm sure his opinions on things change all the time.
>>
>>51603831
i understand respecting jobs' vision but the market trends show people want bigger phones, the 6plus was the best selling iphone of all time

the 4s was simply too small, the 5 was okay but it was still too small. 6 and 6 plus is a good compromise
>>
> deprecate everyone's headphones

If Apple does do this, it will be hilarious to see all the Apple shills try to explain how it doesn't suck and is an improvement.
>>
>>51603987
it is an improvement, and it will suck also. Should be able to sell my old apple bugs for decent prices though
>>
>>51604060
> improvement

Being forced into using lightning or Bluetooth is an improvement how?

Thinner, flimsier phones with worse battery life is an improvement how?

Not using your favorite headphones is a improvement how?
>>
>>51604170
http://www.fastcolabs.com/3020874/can-we-ditch-the-headphone-jack-already

You're the kinda guy that would buy a macbook air and complain that your printer from 1994 doesn't work with it
>>
>>51604170
>Being forced into using lightning or Bluetooth is an improvement how?
Apple knows what they're doing

>Thinner, flimsier phones with worse battery life is an improvement how?

>Not using your favorite headphones is a improvement how?
>>
> /g/ wants to keep old technology forever
thankfully Apple won't listen to a bunch of autists and will move on
>>
I tongue nigger anus.
>>
>>51604222
Printer and other peripheral connection tech has advanced considerably since 1994.

Headphones have advanced to Bluetooth at the expense of needing a battery or power jack.

Why would anyone think those two things are similar?
>>
>>51604305
printers moves from a huge parallel port connection to USB or even wirelesss. Headphones are now going to move from a huge 3.5mm jack to a lightning connector or wireless. Deal with it old-timer
>>
File: oppo r5.jpg (23 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
oppo r5.jpg
23 KB, 770x433
>not wanting the oppo r5
>>
>>51604222
you are the kind of guy that only uses stuff when it's reinvented by applel.
usb phones (integrated dacs) have existed for more than a decade now, why is applel enforcing a non standard connector instead of using usb c? (usb c -> usb a -> phones)
please go shill for your walled monopoly elsewhere
>>
>>51604364
> huge
> 3.5mm

Pick one

Wireless would be fucking great if you didn't have too worry about charging them all the fucking time.

Also, thanks for just repeating my post and slapping the weakest burn in the history of /g/ at the end.
>>
>>51604364
you do know that lpt-to-usb exists? and that its supported on every decent operative system right? if macs cant handle that its not the rest of the world problem
>>
>>51603500
eat shit out of our hands. holy shit. you look like a 13 year old kid trying to look cool to his prepubescent friends by cursing, and I hate apple as much as every tech literate person. I mean, seriously, kill yourself you fucking brat.
>>
>>51604434
I use anything that is the best. Usually this is Apple stuff in any product market they are in. So you would like apple to change their lightning connector again to usb c, a few years after chasing it from the old one? apple are not a monopoly, you use them if you like them, you don't use them if you don't like them. The walls are just there to keep out retards. due to the walls i can do things like pay for an app once and have it on my phone, watch, tablet, laptop, desktop, and tv.
>>
Thank fucking God they're finally killing that shit dirt old tech that works perfectly fine.
>>
>>51603177
I don't understand why they're doing this because even normies are complaining about phones being too thin.
>>
File: 1443305747236.jpg (113 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1443305747236.jpg
113 KB, 800x600
>>51604552
>i can do things like pay for an app once and have it on my phone, watch, tablet, laptop, desktop, and tv.

Verified Expert™
>>
File: 1.jpg (121 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
121 KB, 1024x768
I can actually understand people disliking phablets because of their size (not that I agree with them necessarily) but boy you need to be a huge pussy not to handle any phone that's less than 11mm thick. pic related, phones for men with an actual penis between their legs.
>>
>>51603246
What if the adapter has the new lighting connector, a 5 cm cable, and then a female 3.5 plug? That would make it part of the cable.
>>
>>51604661
yeah i guess it's not that bad as far as adaptors go. Would be nice actually to have a few extra cms on my buds when i wear cargo pants with deep pockets
>>
>>51603177
>http://9to5mac.com/2015/11/27/iphone-7-headphone-jack-lightning/
>The report claims that Apple will bundle Lightning connector-equipped EarPods with the next iPhone, incorporating a tiny DA (Digital to Analog) converter into the connector.

A small dac inside the connector. Just kek my shit up!
>>
>>51604495
Do you eat shit out of your own hands my friend?
>>
>>51604599
Same reason recent Macbooks have been built around having little to no air cooling, and just being built off of throttling:

Apple's run out of engineering feats that can actually help the end-user, so they're just making up new ones for the sake of making up new ones
>>
When will the thin meme die?
>>
>>51604711

IDK mang, digital sound output mite be cool. Shame we could already do that over mUSB
>>
>>51604636
Ideally I'd want a 3.5 inch screen on a 1 inch thick phone. Sadly this phone doesn't exist with modern specs.
>>
>>51603177
>And apple has never been one to support old technology when there is room for improvement.
There is technologically nothing wrong with 3.5mm TRS. Apple just wants to make their own shit so they can sell you a product at a markup. Mark my words this new connector will be more prone to breaking
>>
>>51603177
LOL another iphone and another year of rumors.
http://www.stableytimes.com/news/yes-iphone-6-release-date-will-come-3-5mm-headphone-jack/17586/

Bro, I thought the iphone6 was supposed to remove the 3.5mm
>>
Too many tripfags in this thread
>>
>>51604825
>modern specs
Why does this matter anymore? I bought a $29 Android phone from the grocery store yesterday and it runs all the apps and games you could ever want, even Apple Music. Yes it might stutter and lag more than a $1529 iPhone 6S Plus, why do people even give a shit about such a tiny occurrence?
>>
>>51604836
>3.5mm
not only is the port much bigger than the lightning port, changing headphones to lighting eliminates the 3.5mm port completely
>>
>>51604881
I don't actually care about the processor but I would like a phone with a decent camera.
>>
>>51604881
if that android phone was free i would still reject it. Completely useless to me personally
>>
>>51604881
because everyone who is a smartphone enthusiast cares and notices the little things to which you, who seemingly don't know much about smartphones, are blind to. hell not that I totally disagree with you. its mostly about stupid gimmicks these days.
>>
>>51604881
what phone is it?
>>
File: 130575025553.jpg (19 KB, 263x378) Image search: [Google]
130575025553.jpg
19 KB, 263x378
>>51603177
Is this another reason to make the iPhones thinner?

THEY'RE. THIN. ENOUGH.
>>
>>51604736
I don't understand this hand eating shit meme at all.
>>
>>51605007
ZTE T815. Locked to Telstra (costs $2 to unlock)
Runs Android 4.4
Scores as much as a Samsung Galaxy S II in Geekbench 3.
Screen and Camera are absolute garbage though. (800x480 TN)

>>51604975
I definitely notice it, it just doesn't matter as much anymore these days.

>>51604932
I bought it to add to my video ad watching farm. Should pay itself off within a few days.
Can't beat an iPhone for personal use.
>>
>>51603671
No hes right. Yes jobs was dead before it was released, but at the time of his death, he was ahead of production by 2 years.
>>
>>51604552
>i can do things like pay for an app once and have it on my phone, watch, tablet, laptop, desktop, and tv.
I can do this on Android too.
>>
>>51603177
>>mfw the '3.5mm Jack' Memer was on the money

how?

the iphone is 7.1mm thick

the that's 3.6mm of used space by the iphone.. it's nowhere near 3.5mm thick
>>
I have a xperia z5c and it is the perfect size. thick without being chunky, squared,and weighty. I never had an iphone, but it feels similar to the older generations of iphones which fucking nailed the size and comfort.
>>
I've been stuck with Apple for a few years because my Nissan's audio system only connects with Apple shit as having an aux port was just too easy for those Japanese assholes.

If they remove the standard audio port and make me depend on the fucking horrid Lightning Cable even more that breaks more often than any cable I've had in my life I'll pay the money to change my car's sound system and go to Android, fuck this.
>>
>>51605141
no you can't. chrome os is just web apps. android apps are pretty much just shit web apps too
>>
>>51605196
I'm not buying a new car until something decent comes with apple carplay as standard or an option
>>
>>51605204
Maybe once Chrome OS and Android are integrated I could have the same apps on my desktop (and centralized updates to Android), but Chrome OS is a joke anyway. Point was that any Android device the I sign into with my Google account has access to any apps I have previously payed for with that account.
>>
>>51605242
yeah, the walled garden you are playing in is just smaller than my walled garden
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.