[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens if I create two email adresses, and I redirect every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 7rzu8.jpg (188 KB, 950x950) Image search: [Google]
7rzu8.jpg
188 KB, 950x950
What happens if I create two email adresses, and I redirect every mail from A to B, and every mail from B to A?
>>
then you're an idiot
>>
It gets redirected.
>>
>>51601873
Infinite loop. Mostly non-issue.
>>
pretty sure the exim server can examine the headers and stop the forward before it loops. Try it out and let us know homie.
>>
you won't get any mail because you're a fag
>>
>>51601873
Depends on the server implementation.
>>
>>51601873
Both providers notify the cyberpolice who will back-trace your sorry ass, and consequences will never be the same. You will then realize that you done goofed.
>>
>>51601932
>>51601924
>>51601913
>>51601901
>>51601887
>>51601884

I'll try it with two gmail adresses
>>
>>51602204
Don't bother, servers realise it's an infinite loop and tells it you're a fag and leaves it at that
>>
>>51601913

okay, what about a 3way triangle?
>>
it's weird, like it refuses to deliver the email to any adress
>>
OP's dead
>>
>>51603896
see
>>51603702
>>
>>51601873
it will loop a few times then the servers will detect it and the original sender inbox will get a message stating the error. it isnt actually part of the spec but i think every major services/mail server protects against it now
>>
>>51601873
Depends on the implementation of the underlying service. Eventually one will detect there are too many hops and kill the fucking bitch, then send notifications that the bitch is dead and buried.
>>
>>51602244
/thread
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.