[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
angular2 alternatives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: a2.png (18 KB, 638x437) Image search: [Google]
a2.png
18 KB, 638x437
> angular 2
> is called angular despite not having to do anything with angular 1.x at all
> wants to bully you into using typescript, usage of js is discouraged and it's a chore to write in JS
> they literally want you to learn a special language to use their framework
> good luck debugging your .ts code in a browser!
> plain .js code is not compatible with .ts code, you need to convert it to .ts or create a .d.ts
> HTML code inside of Strings in .ts files
> HTML code that is not necessarily valid HTML by itself

Are there any serious frontend framework alternatives to this fiasco?
>>
>>51600344
Use vannila JS
>>
>>51600344
>ts is required

Stop lying and learn es6.

I'm with you on the angular hate though, Aurelia shows promise. http://aurelia.io/
>>
>>51600620
In the angular 2 community there is open hate for JS/es5/es6 and Google itself encourages the usage of Typescript.
React.js looks just as bad as Angular2.
>aurelia
How come people can make a living writing the next big .js framework anyways? Who pays them?
>>
>>51600684
In most cases it's either a group of volunteers working in their spare time and the money comes in later, or it's sponsored by an already successful company, like Google.

In Aurelia's case it's by the same guy who made Durandal, his company is already successful enough to fund a new project like this. He was actually a contributor to Angular2 but stepped down due to disagreements in the direction it was taking.
>>
>>51600344
>Are there any serious frontend framework alternatives to this fiasco?
>>
thank god i didn't go into webdev, it's literal insanity.
>>
>>51600684
You used this Aurelia? Is it fit for a production product yet?
>>
>>51600938
I've played around with it.

It is very much a beta product right now, not fit for production yet.
>>
>>51600956
Allright. Will keep an eye on it. Angular 1.x for now then...
>>
>>51600849
It is, it absolutely is.
I am actually not a front end developer, I am an overpaid JEE/JSF/Spring/Hibernate monkey and I have a feeling of very high job security.
It's just that I am maintaining some web projects where I am currently using Angular.js 1.x, which was really, really great and I do enjoy building websites.

>>51600795
Aurelia actually looks pretty much like what I am looking for. I am afraid of it not having a future though. If I learn a new technology I want it to be marketable. Choosing angular 1.x obviously was a mistake.
>>
>>51600843

Whats wrong with React?
>>
>>51600978
>Aurelia actually looks pretty much like what I am looking for. I am afraid of it not having a future though. If I learn a new technology I want it to be marketable. Choosing angular 1.x obviously was a mistake.

I am in the exact same boat. I like Aurelia and will be excited if it manages to become a solid platform, but I am hesitant to start leaning on it too hard in its current state.
>>
Yeap, web dev is a fucked up world. In the essence it's nothing complicated but what makes it hard is the new shit you have to learn and know every fucking day.

Would be nice to atleast have some proper alternative to this javascript bullshit. The language is a freaking abomination.
>>
>>51600344

> they literally want you to learn a special language to use their framework

Typescript is a supperset of JavaScript, just use javascript syntax.
>>
>>51600684
>How come people can make a living writing the next big .js framework anyways? Who pays them?
Usually it's a big name company like Google or Microsoft that shoehorns it into university environments. For example, I've seen people programming exclusively in Go to look good for Google. It's all to get younger devs hooked on a specific "brand".

As for Node.js, that was a fluke. That dev just happened to figure out how to hack Chrome's JS engine in that way. The methodology for the under-the-hood event loop is genius. Also, an official foundation was set up for it so no one company has control over it anymore.

TLDR: Corporations shilling to colleges/coding bootcamps.
>>
>>51600985
When React was first launched, it came with some pretty vague patenting guidelines. Some devs interpreted it as "Facebook can revoke your legal permission to use React if you sue us or make something too similar to Facebook functionality". They since changed the wording and it reads more like lawsuit protection than provocation.

That being said, I haven't had time to research the legal implications in more detail. For all we know, any app using React could be retroactively owned by Facebook and we're all falling for bait.
>>
>>51602338
>nodejs

Man, I want to like it, but the SJW scene it has puts me way the fuck off.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.