[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am planning on buying the Nexus 6 tonight if it goes on sale,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Shamu_FINAL_WCopy_WMusic_SCREEN2.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Shamu_FINAL_WCopy_WMusic_SCREEN2.jpg
102 KB, 1920x1080
I am planning on buying the Nexus 6 tonight if it goes on sale, but I am second guessing whether or not I should. I don't see what is so great about it when it does not have a removable battery, no expandable storage, no fingerprint scanner and isn't water resistant. It just looks nice and is quick. It also has pure android, but you could just flash that onto pretty much any other device. The phone is also really big which I consider to be a con.

What's so great about the N6 /g/?
>>
>>51599751

I bought one, though I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Sounds like a generally good phone and comes with stock Android, so I thought it sounded good. Still trying to decide on which case to get though.
>>
I too am considering a Nexus 6 to replace my Nexus 5. I don't really need a new phone though so I'm reluctant.
>>
>>51599860
Let me know if you find a good one.
>>
>>51599978
>i don't need a new phone, my current one is just fine
>but let me buy a new one anyway

typical money wasting burger
>>
holy shit.. I didn't realize the N6 was so huge, it's bigger than the note 4 which I thought was huge. Guess I'll have to look for a different phone.
>>
>>51599751
I have the Nexus 5. The phone in general is great but not being able to expand memory proved to be really annoying. So i probably won't be buying a Nexus 6 because of that.
>>
>>51599751
It's a great phone if you root it and put ALOT of work into it. Removing the botnet does absolute wonders for the battery life for example.I still sort of regret leaving the Note Series of phones but I can't live without Root.
>>
>>51600538

>Removing the botnet

Like what? Not sure if I want to root. It sounds like there are some really nice apps available if you root, but I'd rather not lose OTA updates. I know you can just install a custom ROM but I'd like to see how stock Android is first (this'll be my first Android phone). I've also heard some ROMs like CM can be buggy.
>>
>>51600116
>how dare you spend money on things you don't need
typical poorfag
>>
>>51600703
A stable build of CM is almost free of bugs as stock.
>>
>>51600703
Removing Google Play Services.
>>
>>51600775
Bloat free != bug free
>>
>>51599751
Has there been any news of it going on sale again for cyber monday? I was planning on getting one too but I missed the last sale.
>>
Where did you plan on finding a Nexus 6 on sale? I missed the last one on Amazon, total poop.
>>
>>51600538
>>51600786
What do you use for gps navigation?

I use project Fi so I'm tied to the botnet, but I wonder what the advocates can use their smartphone for when they remove gplay services.
>>
>>51599751
Get the 6p
>>
>I got it on friday for 200 bucks
Feels good mane
>>
>>51605505

I was going to, but it was sold out by the time I tried to put it in my cart. It's okay though, 260 dollars for the 64 Gig version isn't a bad deal at all.
>>
>>51603375
Good luck with huawei build quality
>>
>>51599751
It's a year old and its $200 stop whining entitled shit.

I'd you want all your meme features get something else then.
>>
It was unusable in my experience. It had a ton of deal breakers: bad battery life, heavy and unwieldy, low max brightness, and mediocre camera. It fails on so many levels it isn't funny. I switched to it temporarily after owning the note 4.
>>
>>51600414
>memory
storage
>>
>>51600703
>nexus
>not sure if you want to root
Just what the fuck. Watch the commercials and decide if you want to buy it then normalfag.
>>
>>51605974

Never used Android before, I want to get used to stock so I can decide what I need/want and can choose a ROM from there. Sorry I upset you, I hope you can sleep tonight.
>>
File: g-buying-guide.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
g-buying-guide.jpg
311 KB, 1920x1080
I don't mind the Nexus 6. The only issue I have with it is that it is way too big. Like I don't think it would fit in my pocket big. I saw it displayed and was shocked at how huge it is. Guess it would be nice to watch videos on, but I prefer smaller devices.
>>
>>51606232
sigh
Well at least you can tell a stock nexus is a good place to start, and I'm sure I'll sleep just fine.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.