[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know of decent tablets in the £100-£200 price range?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: B403P_SP289_42_4H7UE.jpg (10 KB, 266x354) Image search: [Google]
B403P_SP289_42_4H7UE.jpg
10 KB, 266x354
Anyone know of decent tablets in the £100-£200 price range?
>>
>>51596661
The nvudia sheild
>>
>>51596661
There are none. The only good tablets out there are the flagships.
>>
>>51596691
But surely for things like watching videos there isn't a "true" winner?
>>
>>51596716
if you're watching video's you'd want a good screen and a good screen comes with a flagship
>>
>>51596661
>google
Enjoy your botnet.
>>
I got a Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70f

Ten inch 1920x1200 IPS screen, adequate specs for doing what I needed it for (browsan and readan in bed)

As cheap as your mom and has worked great for me
>>
>>51596690
this

it's pretty decent and my one hasn't spontaneously combusted yet
>>
>>51596690
the screen has terrible color reproduction. literally nexus 7 tier
>>
>>51596661
I got the Tab S 8.4" recently for $200 + tax on clearance. I've liked it a lot. Rooted, flashed recovery, flashed Cyanogenmod, upgraded to Android 5.1.1 (= Cyanogenmod 12.1), then rerooted (since root was lost upon flashing the Cyanogenmod OS).

Really enjoying the 16:10 2560x1600 res super AMOLED screen in 8.4". Also preferred this over the S2 8.0" due to higher PPI, slower CPU (= more battery), bigger battery, and the IR Blaster.

I'm using it as my all-in-one couch controller. Can control my TV, receiver, etc with no issues. If I take it on the go to a friend's house, I can also use it as a controller there, too.

Dunno if something similar exists for you in that price range in britbong land.
>>
>>51598072
Pentile shit.
>>
>>51598095
Yeah, I knowingly bought it knowing the pentile fact.

Despite that, the AMOLED contrast (being a technology that isn't backlit, and each individual subpixel generates its own light, and pixels which are black emit no light) and the highest PPI in a tablet in the market today makes it look better to me than just about any other mobile screen I've ever seen.

I was shocked pentile could even look this good. If you have a local store that has these on display, I'd suggest checking it out side by side to the 10.5" version (which is RGB stripe, rather than pentile), and you'll hardly be able to tell there's a difference. Then compare the Tab S 8.4 screen to something like the Nexus 9 tablet, and the Tab S 8.4 still looked better, imo.

But of course, your opinion can very since >opinions can be different.
>>
>>51598424
I picked the Tab Pro 8.4 over the Tab S. OLED isn't worth dealing with pentile.
>>
The ASUS ZenPad s8.0 ....quad hd display nice Intel atom processor and 32 or 64gb of onboard storage, it retails for only 199 here in the united states.
>>
>>51596661
Try Toshiba click mini, but its wangblows 8.1 (or 10 if you upgrade). Dunno what os you want it to have OP, you should specify.

Anyway, I got this because
>8.9" 1920x1200 not fuckhueg
>keyboard dock w/ extra battery and full size USB+SD slot
>tablet itself has micro sd support up to 128gb uhs1 and HDMI out
>7hr battery life doubles to 14 if using dock
>smallest laptop hybrid I could find with solid build
>atom z3735f and 2gb ram still relevant enough
>all the flexibility of a PC os on a tablet hybrid is great
>£150
>1
>5
>0

Downsides are
>32gb internal
>that's it

Its comfy and pretty neat, specially for that kind of price.
>>
File: 71IYtBXxQSL._SY355_.jpg (16 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
71IYtBXxQSL._SY355_.jpg
16 KB, 355x355
I have the Nook HD 7". Got it for $50 from third-party seller on Amazon. Pretty happy with it - nice IPS screen with good colors and high DPI. Decent performance. Supports normal Google Play store. Has SD slot and decent battery life.
>>
>>51599078

Oh I forgot to mention. I won't buy any tablet heavier than about 340g. Heavy tablets suck.
>>
>>51597076
How's that lollipop update? :^)
>>
>>51599130
Updated it to 5.0.1, works perfectly fine after a factory reset - seems that fixes the issues people were having with it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.