[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What non-botnet alternative should I use instead of gmail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: -jK8VOF4.png (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
-jK8VOF4.png
55 KB, 400x400
Looking to step out of the gmail-net.

I got 2 gmail accounts, and 1 outlook for professional use. Because gmail > botnet than outlook. *right?*

I'm planning on using 1 gmail for exclusive stuff like drive and stuff(fucking school). And use another mail service that I want recommendations for.

I heard about protonmail? /g/-approved? I also read it was getting attacked? What should I use?
>>
File: LTvr7QE.png (2 MB, 2400x1203) Image search: [Google]
LTvr7QE.png
2 MB, 2400x1203
bumpidybump
>>
Gmail is good. Protonmail is good. Your own domain + zoho is good. cock.li is good.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>51591363
d-... d-did you say, gmail i-is g..

good?
>>
>>51591376
Gmail offers more privacy than Microsoft (who works closely with the government) or Yahoo (who suck at security and have been known to give away the most data). With Microsoft employers have been known to look through accounts, while in the case of Google it
s just the robot.

But if you want something botnet free you only have the option of protonmail and doing it yourself.
>>
>le ebin botnet maymay
>>
>>51591406
Is there a turnkey solution for self hosted email?
>>
Host your own mail server.
>>
Openmailbox is good.
>>
>>51591406
Are you fucking kidding me? Only ms works with the government? Did you forgot about a little thing called PRISM?

These fucking shills dude...
>>
>>51591363
>cock.li
>Thank you for wanting to work with us.
>if you would just tell me your email we wrap this up.
>sorry, could you repeat that?
>>
>>51591376
Ye
>>
>>51591363
>>51591477
worst url ever
>>
File: file.png (28 KB, 274x374) Image search: [Google]
file.png
28 KB, 274x374
Seriously fucking neku or whoever is hosting this now you could use some subdomains that doesn't sound like 8 years old kid jokes
>>
cock.li
>>
Proton for personal stuff, Gmail for dealing with job stuff/normies etc.
>>
>>51591622
>Not using airmail
Already gave my email with airmail domain to a client and he asked me how to get one
>>
>>51591622
The idiocy is the entire point of cockli though.
>>
ghostmail
>>
>>51591412
can i have your credit card number and your SSN please?

that's what i thought.
>>
>>51591477
I use [email protected] on all my job applications
>>
>>51591622
sugesting THAT ISN'T BOTNET,
i would just love to have all my work and accounts transfered to some neet that is "4chan" funny and autisitc.
Are you retareded or sometnig to trust it?
>>51591363
zoho is good, i recomend
and another is from my hosting, free email i would recommend it too

I use shitty forgoten email services that just work.
And you can always get chinese botnet qq.com
>>
>>51592632
>can i have your credit card number and your SSN please?
Are you retarted?
Of course, but only if work for LEGITAMTED COMPANY, i would even get you my credit card, guess what like i do in shops
And trust google or any less retared comapny then some weeb making muhh free email like cock . li, that propably is searching from you email
>>
>>51592342
>and he asked me how to get one
Did you tell him?
>>
File: tips tinfoil.jpg (44 KB, 446x413) Image search: [Google]
tips tinfoil.jpg
44 KB, 446x413
>>51592632
>>>/x/
>>
>>51592586
>botnet
>>
you can't leave gmail. even when you run your own mail server google will still intercept about half of your mail because your correspondents use it.
>>
>>51592919
it's open source dumbfuck
>>
>>51594020

doesn't mean the binaries are clean. how often do you audit and build the source yourself?
>>
>>51592684
>sugesting THAT ISN'T BOTNET,
>i would just love to have all my work and accounts transfered to some neet that is "4chan" funny and autisitc.
>Are you retareded or sometnig to trust it?

Exactly. This is just so stupid.
inb4 "bbb-but he says he doesn't spy" and "he's one of us!

what a joke.
>>
>>51590970
Either you're using GPG or you're not. And if you're not, the NSA are going to store it and process it. Using a smaller provider wont fix this. Running your own postfix+dovecot server wont fix this. The global email system is fucked, and the only way to make it remotely secure is to force everyone to use DNSSEC+SPF+DKIM+DMARC. That isn't going to happen any time soon.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.