[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on f.lux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: flux-icon-big.png (18 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
flux-icon-big.png
18 KB, 256x256
Anyone here tried f.lux?
Does it work?
Do you like it?
>>
I absolutely love it
>>
>>51590846
cant live without it
>>
>>51590846
useless meme garbage, might have had an use with CRT monitors
>>
>>51590846
Yes.
I feel sleepy at around 23 instead of 2 AM.
May be related to other changes in lifestyle though.
>>
>>51590916
enjoy your'e circadian sleep disorders
>>
>>51590988
I sleep a healthy 7-8 hours per night so I'm doing fine. most faggots with sleep disorder are just fat fucks who never exercise, eat shit all day and then wonder why their body is fucked up.
>>
>>51590846
I've used it for years now. When I look at a monitor without it, it hurts my eyes because 2bright.
>>
I don't think there's been a night where I haven't disabled that shit until sunrise.
>>
redshift master race
>>
File: Untitled.png (62 KB, 1356x716) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
62 KB, 1356x716
>>51590846
Useless. A lot of monitors have something called reading mode which does the same. Also you can do the same from windows
>>
>>51591031
well meme'd.
wouldNotBite/10
>>
>>51591049
hehe, I know that feel.
I re install it every couple of month, get annoyed after 5 days or so and delete it. The moment the screen starts lighting up upon deinstall is like watching space documentaries: riveting.
>>
>>51591061
>manually
>>
>>51591084
>too retard to configure his own pc
>>
>>51590846
>life saver for the eyes
Also if you got a droid, get their mobile app
>>
File: 1447416081088.png (75 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1447416081088.png
75 KB, 230x230
>>51591071
>well meme'd.
stay mad amerifat and keep using your meme flux ;^)
>>
I can't live without it. Have it on my computer, tablet, phone, and would love to have it on my TV.
>>
Best piece of software ever created, if you start using it you won't be able to read at night without it
Hell I even installed twilight on my phone to achieve the same effect
>>
>>51591090
I don't think you understand. I don't want to have to change the color of my display every fucking night, that's why I installed a software to do it for me.
>>
>>51590846
Nope, just get Redshift. I like to stay free.
>>
>>51591133
Never heard of Redshift. Thanks for the tip!
>>
>>51591133
I tried it some time ago, but I still found f.lux better
>>
>>51591157
How was it better if they do the exact same thing?
>>
>>51591277
Redshift is redder, f.lux is oranger.
>>
>>51591084
>2015
>not able to write a simple script that adjusts screen colors.

Get out.
>>
>>51591133
this, then when I booted into windows for a bit to play some games, I installed f.lux, and it goes ape shit on two monitors with different refresh rates, one of the monitors starts flickering. Idk if you can get redshift on windows, but I don't use it enough to find out
>>
>>51591396
>spending hours writing your own software when somebody else already wrote it for you

I see you value your time less than I do. I might try writing my own f.lux sometime, if I have nothing better to do, though.
>>
>>51590846
It werks on me
>>
>tfw Cyanogenmod 12.1 comes with LiveDisplay
automatic 2700k at night master race
>>
>>51591486
It does. Just flashed it yesterday and found that nice surprise.
>>
>>51590846

I just installed it again and it really makes a difference anon. I recommend you at least try it out.
>>
Kinda cool on the beginning
But felt like it's as useful as Power Balance bracelets
Really ruins the colors, especially if you want to watch movie or play vidya and you have to turn it off
>>
>>51591051
I'm with you brotha
>>
Used it for years.

When I have to use my old beater phone or netbook at night it feels like I'm staring directly into the sun.

Set flux on 2300K and transition speed to slow (1 hour). Then forget about it.

2300K looks like white at night, especially in the dark. But then click the preview thing so it cycles to day and back and its like getting blasted in the face with sunlight.
>>
I just hate that you can't manually toggle it.
I love it when browsing etc. because it's actually comfy. And some games actually look better with the tint, but sometimes I just like to work on some graphical stuff and it ruins everything. I know about the hour disable but why can't you just toggle it for good, instead of it randomly popping back after 1 hour.
>>
File: Capture.png (12 KB, 264x290) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12 KB, 264x290
>>51592448

Derp
>>
>>51590846
I've used it for a while but found myself switching it off quite frequently for gaming and movies. So I uninstalled.
>>
>>51591133
I wonder how hard would it be to make a free screen filter app for android?
>>
>>51592479
Oh, that's nice, but I would have preferred the Alt+End hotkey to do that. Still useful, thanks anon.
>>
>>51590846
Had it for some years. Not sure if its related but I've never ever got a headache from using the computer again and my vision is perfect.
>>
>>51590846
I like it, but the default color temperature range is too extreme and it's annoying to configure for very high latitudes. I'm supposed to be working, don't enter night mode at 15:30 pls.

It's much less annoying (and less likely to get disabled) with the color temperatures set to 4000 K / 5200 K or something.
>>
Can't live without it desu
I turned it off a few days ago and my eyes started bleeding
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.