[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lenovo X250
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: talk me out of it.png (115 KB, 1107x596) Image search: [Google]
talk me out of it.png
115 KB, 1107x596
can you guys talk me out of this pls
>>
>>51587784
>1920x1080
Is that really the max that you can get? Man Lenovo products are shit.
>>
>>51587784
>intel graphics
To the trash it goes
>>
Lenovo is no longer the quality people used to praise, heavily consider researching other options.
>>
>>51587814
it's either that, a 720p display, or a 1080p touch panel

>>51587816
it is a laptop after all
>>
>>51587828
is the rootkit/malware from the manufacturer still a potential issue?
>>
>>51587834
I mean, with that price atleast it should have a dedicated graphics card... check the dell 7559
>>
>>51587845
it should always be. they crossed a line. at this point all we can say is we haven't caught them doing it again since superfish. maybe they're just better at hiding it now.
>>
>>51587784
Come with Win 10 preinstalled, which means the BIOS is in "Idon'tRememberTheName" and you won't be able to install Linux.
And if you don't get a lenovo thinkpad for linux, you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>51587887

Or maybe the others were better at hiding it in the first place. At this point, you'd be a fool not to have libreboot or at least coreboot.
>>
>>51587872
checking it out, seems neat

although my interest for the x250 stems from it's reported battery life and size

I have concerns about it being a lenovo though, so I'm goign to do more research

my corporate discount code applies for the next 22 hours so I'll be thinking it over
>>
>>51587784
>Paying >$900 dollarydoos for a 5th gen Intel CPU.

Come on man, plenty of laptops are already on Skylake. Why are you buying last-gen shit at top-fucking dollar prices?
>>
Would it not be cheaper to get a smaller ssd and upgrade yourself?
I have x220 and the form facor is really great. I am not sure about the new CPU though. Is everything 'u' now?
>>
>>51587887
Dell just got caught doing the same thing.
>>
>>51587909
Can you name a modern laptop that is supported?
>>
>>51587784
Get a fucking 13 inch rMBP you pleb
>>
>>51587973

Libreboot only goes up to xx00 series thinkpads and a single chrome book. Coreboot has support up to xx30 I believe.
>>
>>51587913
Forgot to say it has great battery life, 6th gen quad core processor, ssd , ips screen and an extra 2.5 bay for another drive. And it costs 760 bucks.
>>
>>51587984
Manually flashing the chip is a bit too risky for me.
Maybe I should buy a couple more x220's so I can live without them
>>
Its one m.2 and one 2.5" right?
>>
>>51587943
to be fair the macbooks are still on 5
>>
>>51588057

A guy on ebay sells librebooted laptops. Honestly, the hardware method is impossible to mess up.
>>
>>51588073
And macbooks are ALSO awful value propositions in terms of performance for dollar spent, so I don't think you're getting anywhere by mentioning that another shit-brand also sells old shit at top-dollar.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.