[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I fix this? I'm honestly having a panic attack right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
How do I fix this? I'm honestly having a panic attack right now because this isn't my charger and I'm broke.
>>
>>51585036
shitty knockoff cables tend to do this. the way you fix it is by buying a better replacement.
>>
>I'm broke
>but I still own an iPhone®™
Typical macfag.
>>
>>51585036
>cut the plastic off
>solder the connector back in the cable again
>use termofit to cover what the cutted plastic used to cover
>will look as shit but it'll work again

or just buy one of pic related and use your everyday android charger to charge it
>>
>>51585036
Stuff metal bit back into hole and pretend nothing happened, if the person knows you borrowed it tell them that it stopped working
>>
File: 1_0.jpg (650 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1_0.jpg
650 KB, 2048x1152
>>51585036
>cant spend $8 on a new cable
NIGGER
>>
>>51585036
>>51585068
>dis
Srsly, why do you own one of shittiest price/performance devices with top price points, yet are broke?

And sorry, you can't fix that shit in an practical manner. Dat build quality and form factor for a charger is not at all designed for repair, just throw-aways.
>>
>>51585068
>hurr durr I can save up a few bucks to buy a decent device that I will be using all the time

typical poorfag mentality
>>
>>51585036
put glue and give back
tell them the cable never worked.
>>
>>51585108
do you think that someone being broke would be substantially affected by this one purchase every 2 or 3 years?

This isn't subsaharan africa. the marginal difference between an iPhone and an Android phone washes out over the course of a year or so. Skip buying coffee a few mornings, or bike to work a few times a month.

if you hate apple products, fine, but taking retarded pot shots like these make it look like you've lost perspective trying to find opportunities to shit on people.
>>
>>51585169
confirmed broke applefag
>>
>>51585119
you've actually described what seems like the antithesis of "poorfag mentality".

there have been a few reports on purchasing habits of the poor, and the trends are
- rent to own (ultimately paying 2-10x more because they're basically paying interest on a loan)

- buy cheap (and keep replacing), causing the same effect as the previous point; you can't afford good tires for your car so you cheap out, but you have to replace them in a fraction of the time, and you still haven't saved up for good tires in the fractional time you've had with the first set so you buy another set of cheap tires, and over and over again until you've cumulatively spent more on tires than if you had bought a good set at the beginning.
>>
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!! MY FRIENDS WHO CAME UP FOR THANKSGIVING JUST DID THE EXACT SAME THING TODAY. Is this the work of the Illuminati?
>>
>>51585190
i'm actually an android user (although it's just because i use google services and like the integration more than iOS).

I just object to zealots making our whole camp look retarded with specious logic.

Apparently telling off a retarded brand zealot - even "on my side" - makes me an applefag in that retard's eyes. I guess I shouldn't have expected much more.
>>
>>51585169
Not him but if you're in a situation where then ten dollars, euros or pounds a new cable will cost you is a problem then you probably shouldn't have bought a ~600 device. That doesn't just go for iphones but also for android and windows phones in the same price range.
>inbox carrier subsidy
That's called a loan and is more expensive over time. If you struggle with money you should avoid loans, no matter what name they slap on it.
>>
>>51585092
this desu
>>
>>51585268
The butt hurt is strong with this one.
>>
>Can't buy a new $10 cable
>Owns an iPhone
Priorities! I bet you don't even have a car.
>>
NO I DO NOT HAVE A CAR BECAUSE FOR THE THIRD TIME I AM TWELVE YEARS OLD
>>
>>51585332
Have you tried asking your mommy and daddy for $10 for a new cable?
>>
I don't have a daddy unfortunately, but this is my mother's cable. She won't take kindly to this being broken.
>>
>>51585276

Maybe he simply was in a different economical situation back then? It's curious how you make assumptions about random people on the internet when it's not even relevant to the thread. Perhaps you should rethink the priorities in your own life instead of judging others.
>>
>>51585367
Just tell her to stop buying chinese knockoffs and buy an original cable that wont break that fast.
>>
File: wave.jpg (131 KB, 960x958) Image search: [Google]
wave.jpg
131 KB, 960x958
Have you tried charging your phone with the microwave already? I do this on emergency times when I forgot my charger at home.
>>
>>51585276
I don't think a smartphone is as discretionary as you seem to be arguing, but before we get into that I think it's worth saying that I don't use a strict dictionary definition of "discretionary" or "necessary". By a strict definition, owning a car in LA would be considered discretionary. In real life practice, owning a car is clearly necessary. While it's true that there's a nominal bus system, no sane person would plan their work/personal life on it.

In the same way, smartphones are not technically necessary to stay alive, but certainly they're necessary if you want to operate at the same level as everyone else. Or if there is a way to overcome the disadvantage you'd be putting upon yourself, the cost would be greater than simply getting a smartphone.

I haven't done the whole 2-year contract thing with carriers in a while (partly because the devices i've bought weren't offered by the carrier I use), but in the past the terms were such that you got a subsidy just for committing to a two-year contract (and if you broke that commitment, you'd get hit with a doozy of an early-termination fee). If your cost in that case is just the agreement not to leave for two years, and if - practically speaking - you're not going to leave in 2 years anyway, then the cost approaches $0. I don't like being locked in any more than anyone else, but if you're going to be with carrier X no matter what, you might as well take them for a ride and get subsidized for a device.

Maybe the arrangement has changed in the last few years. I've heard about some people signing 3-year contracts and that definitely wasn't a thing the last time I took an interest in carrier shenanigans.
>>
>>51585332
>>51585301
>>51585584
>Im 12
Underage b&
>>
>>51585422
you can get a smartphone for <= $300
so a $600+ phone is discretionary.

also >>51585584
you do not need apple shit at twelve<bold>.</bold>
>>
I know this charger. This is a Duracell flat cable bought at a staples front register. These things literally last a month before they break. Go out, buy an apple/scoshe cable give the nignog the cable and receipt and say that he owes you a beer.
>>
>>51585036
Well tell your friend to not lend you such shit teir cables i mean thats just rude
>>
>>51585036
You can get this shit at gas stations for ~$10 depending on quality.
>>
>>51585301
take responsibility for your actions instead of trying to tiptoe around it
>Mom, Dad, I fucked up.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.