[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason not to Crossfire these for a measly $440?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 290.png (418 KB, 2140x687) Image search: [Google]
290.png
418 KB, 2140x687
Is there any reason not to Crossfire these for a measly $440?

>inb4 housefire
>>
Housefire
>>
Do it. Ignore the forced memes.
>>
For the love of god get something like a NZXT Kraken if you plan to do it. Reference cooler is total fucking garbage.
>>
>>51581004
No it's not. They are just loud as hell. I actually enjoy the reference coolers because the heat goes out of the case. Which makes them a good choice for CF imo.

If you can deal with how loud it is, setting them at even 60% can keep it at 70C and leaves a lot of headroom for heat.
>>
>>51581160
I own one, you can't tell me it isn't throttling loud garbage. The benefits of a blower cooler isn't worth using that garbage. At 60% I can hear it through my door.
>>
>>51581223
> I can hear it through my door.
Lol American doors, they're made out of egg carton though.
>>
>>51581004
>he doesn't have a side vent on his case
>he doesn't have a fan underneith or on that side vent
LOL only retards don't know how to properly cool their shit.

also watercooling GPUs has been the standard for years now.
>>
>>51581268
My house was built in the 20s, it's actually made out of mahogany.
>>
>>51581223
I used to own a 290x, but I had to get a laptop due to going to school.

I just left mine at 60% instead of letting the auto fan change speeds. I couldn't hear it through my headphones and I ran a 24/7 OC on it.

They are loud as hell, but the cooler is very effective.
>>
Because it's a relatively huge investment for little gain.

But hey, if you don't have anything better to do with your money, don't let me boss you around.
>>
>>51581306
>I couldn't hear it through my headphones

Yeah, maybe if you're blaring music 24/7 you wouldn't. There's no way you can't hear it through headphones otherwise. Maybe get your hearing checked. Anything over 40% on that cooler is loud as fuck. My Tri-X at 100% can't even get as loud as the reference cooler at 60%
>>
>>51581356
I use closed headphones and I generally am listening to music.
>>
>>51581383
> I generally am listening to music.

Well then the point is moot, you can cover any noise that way. Some of us don't want to live with earplugs in our house.
>>
>>51581411
All I said was the coolers weren't shit.

They are loud, I never said they weren't.
>>
>>51581291
nobody gives a fuck
let the meme be a meme
>>
>>51581580
But they ARE shit. It has been documented goddamn well that it throttles the card, you just asking for trouble using it in Xfire.
>>
>>51581626
Yeah, if you have it on the quiet mode.

Uber keeps it at 95C and maxes the fan at 55%.

It needs 60% and it keeps it cool.

At 100% it can keep it below 50C understress.
>>
>>51581160
>No it's not. They are just loud as hell.
Are you fucking retarded. They are loud AND they cool for shit
>>
>>51581729
>Uber keeps it at 95C

Yeah and it throttles because it's constantly on the cusp of 95. How do you think it keeps it at 95? Because it fucking throttles retard.

>At 100% it can keep it below 50C understress.

Yeah, and no one will do this unless they're deaf. No idea why you're defending this piece of shit. There literally isn't a modern cooler worse than it.
>>
>>51581772
Run any cooler at 55% max and see if it doesn't throttle the card.
>>
It's a well known fact these stock coolers can't cool for shit and are loud as fuck at the same time.
Getting reference 290/x's is not worth it unless you get them so cheap you can spend the extra cash on after market (water) coolers.
>>
>>51581963
Non-reference coolers won't.

Source: I have a 3d club 290, 3d club 290x and an MSI 390x.
>>
>>51581963
Eh my 7870 goes to 40% fan speed and keeps it around 70 degrees when in Fallout for example.
>>
Is it worth getting a 390???
>>
Your neighbors will make noise complaints.
>>
File: 1439245877644.png (547 KB, 561x648) Image search: [Google]
1439245877644.png
547 KB, 561x648
>>51581963
Uhhh do you even realize what you're saying? Not all coolers have the same range as the 290x ref cooler fan dumbass. That thing goes up to 5500rpm which is much higher than most. Percentages don't mean fucking shit. It's like comparing a AMD CPU at 5Ghz vs an Intel at 5Ghz.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.