[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/g/ praises mechanical keyboards >defends software navigation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 19_-_NavBar.png (5 KB, 720x92) Image search: [Google]
19_-_NavBar.png
5 KB, 720x92
>/g/ praises mechanical keyboards
>defends software navigation buttons

Why? Physical buttons are better in every single way
>>
having physical buttons on a smartphone is kind of like having a keyboard with mixed switches (some blue, some rubber, some black, let's say). it's inconsistent. you either go full phys or full touch.
>>
>>51577183
meanwhile smartphones still have physical buttons.
>>
They dont waste space
>>
>>51577762
>use bezels for capacitive buttons
>>
My grievance is that you need to root to change those icons most annoying fucking thing
>>
>>51577183
what about the lock and volume buttons?
>>
>can rearrange the buttons to whatever you want on many ROMs/probably if you're rooted
>is Google's standard

Those are the only reasons I can really think of right now. Also, AMOLED displays mean that your (generally black) software buttons won't chew through battery
>>
>>51577183
>not wanting a good set of physical call keys
LOL
>>
Bit wY d yu nd a phfgdrsical keybaord toich boaddz at fin
>>
>>51577973
>toich boaddz at fin
Nigger, what?
>>
Capacitive buttons are the best, OP.
>>
>>51578006
My point exactly
>>
>>51578007
Lol no they aren't

Physical buttons break. Touchscreens, break but when that happens it doesn't matter because the whole phone is useless.

Physical sucks, touch screen is better
>>
>>51578057
>physical breaks
>go get it repaired
>touch screen breaks
>literally go get a new phone because of this
Good goy.
>>
>>51578075
>get it repaired

What would warrant you getting the physical buttons repaired and not the touchscreen repaired.

Also
>physical buttons breaking

on screen buttons never break, the screen breaks.
>>
>>51577137
Smartphones tend to be thrown around more than a keyboard, whether by accident or on purpose. I imagine physical button get fucked up worse, considering its a hardware thing. If you had trouble with touch buttons, it'd prolly be easier to fix because it's a software issue right?
>>
>>51578190
What retard is throwing his phone around?
>>
>>51578206
Millennials. You have no idea how many kids could care less about the safety of their phones, of course once it's cracked they regret being dipshits about it.
>>
>>51578248
What year where you born? I'm 29 and I would be considered a millennial and I don't throw my phone about like its some kind of a baseball
>>
>>51578135
What I'm saying is, a) the screen is more expensive to fix, b) it's more worth it to just get a new phone c) if the buttons break, the screen is still usable >implying physical buttons ever break anyway
>>
>>51578309
>physical buttons
>never breaking

My many many controllers throughout my life would like a few words

All broken via normal wear and tear
>>
>>51578248
91 here, only throw my phone when i'm mega pissed
>>
>>51578344
>throws 100-300 dollar equipment around cause he is "pissed"

Throw a pillow or a foam ball you ape
>>
>>51578294
Lots of millenials break their phones because of carelessness. Not saying that's you bucko
>>
>>51578343
>bringing controllers to a phone argument
I have an original Dualshock that I still use to this day. I used it on the regular til I got a PS3.
>>
>>51578378
hard to control anger man. plus, throwing something that has weight to it feels so damn good. not for the wallet though.
>>
>>51578438
>hard to control anger

OK gorilla go have anger management issues over there away from me
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.