[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /g/, I'm in need of help. Are any of you familiar with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: problem.png (24 KB, 319x192) Image search: [Google]
problem.png
24 KB, 319x192
Dear /g/, I'm in need of help. Are any of you familiar with making themes for Windows 8/8.1? I want to get the Windows Vista taskbar background on my install, but maintain the default Aero theme for the rest of the OS. I just like the taskbar of Vista, is all.

No one has made a theme like that, so I'm stuck with trying to take pieces of already made themes like Vista VS and replace the images in the stock Aero theme. I've run into a problem:

I have yet to find a reliable theme editor. Be it Windows Style Builder, or simply using Resource Hacker/Restorator. Style Builder is not completely supported on 8.1 so some taskbar properties are missing, which leads to problem #2, so I end up with pic related. No one has written up a guide on where common image locations are in resource editors either, so if I were to look for that spot (and the systray) in an editor, I would have no idea where it is located out of thousands of entries.

Can anyone help me? I just need to figure out what image to replace here.
>>
>>51571667
nanamitan.info :3

Use VS style builder, there's a torrent for it on pirate bay
>>
>>51571917
that's what I'm using, but I can't seem to find these locations. I managed to find the actual systray but now I'm still stuck with the Start button area and the Toolbars area (where my network activity is)

It's very frustrating.
>>
>>51571917
Get the fuck out of my thread you uneducated ricer.

I want real solutions.
>>
>>51571931
Anon please. You're asking how to rice here. Don't ask for help and then get defensive about it, state your problems with provided solutions and let others help you instead of being an idiot.
>>
>>51571946
Not me, anon. Just a shitposter. See my reply here >>51571930
>>
>>51571946
It wasn't me. People are just shitposting, I replied above ^
>>
>>51571667
Windows sucks when it comes to ricing. Do what I did and just give up.
>>
>>51571969
Apparently. Way too complicated for the simplest of things, and documentation is shit. Not to mention I can't even post in the Vista Style Builder forums because you have to have a license key to sign up, and they want 25 shekels for a simple resource editor.
>>
>>51571955
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building

Page 4 of this link, there's some info that might help related to those areas. Sorry, seems a lot of people are samefagging/shitposting for some reason
>>
>>51571969
No.
>>
>>51571969
BBlean is gud!
>>
>>51571985
Yep, tried that too unfortunately. They don't match up with 8. There's literally no documentation on their 8/8.1 update of their own fucking program.
>>
>>51571985
It's just frustrating because the value IS there if Vista VS can apply the entire taskbar without issues. The problem is I have no idea where it's located.
>>
>>51572063
Damn, that's shitty. It's probably just windows 8 being overriding. Have you tried the same thing but using classic theme just to see if it's an aero problem specifically? If it is there's probably nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>51572063
Hey dumbfuck. Just because there was a value in a previous, DEPRECATED version of windows, DOES NOT MEAN IT STILL EXISTS

Holy fuck you're stupid
>>
>>51572099
>It's just frustrating because the value IS there if Vista VS can apply the entire taskbar without issues

didn't you read that
>>
>>51572099
Wow look who can't fucking read, yet you call me stupid.

Vista VS is the name of the fucking theme I am pulling these image pieces from. I posted it in the OP, "dumbfuck". If I apply the entire Vista VS theme straight from DeviantArt, it applies the entire taskbar theme without issues, but I don't want the Vista theme in general, I only want the taskbar; But when I try to extract the entire taskbar set and apply it to the stock Aero .msstyles, I have no idea where the places I need to apply them are. There is no documentation, and I'm essentially fox and hounding here. So I end up with pic related, as those are the only 2 areas I need to find. Learn to read before you spout off your superiority complex, shitstain.

>>51572097
Please see above. Thanks for the helpful reply, unlike shitstain quoted.
>>
>>51572148
So buttflustered

*blushes*
>>
File: w e w .png (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
w e w .png
115 KB, 1920x1080
>>51572204
not gonna lie it made me laugh a little too
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.